Chaud's March build.

Hi guys, I'm planning on building my first PC in the next month or two and I was planning on using Chaud's Dolphin build from march as my starting point.

Case: NZXT Source 210 - $43

Power Supply: EVGA 600B - $63

CPU: AMD FX-8320 - $140

Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $33

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO - $115

Memory: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $84

GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 or GTX 660 - $230 / $190

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $99

DVD: Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $22

Price total = $705-$745

Sorry I can't link to any parts, I used to have an account but haven't posted in years and don't remember any of the information for it.

My Questions:
    Do I need the heat sink? Will the stock fan not work for this build? I don't feel comfortable trying to overclock at this point.

What would be compatible memory that could boost me to 16 gigs or RAM?

What sort of FPS could I expect in WoW? I realize unless someone has the exact same PC they can't give me a precise answer but just a general idea would be amazing.

Is this going to be easy to build? :P Seeing as this is my first build maybe a case that's easy to work in would be better or maybe some of these components are particularly tricky to deal with. Any information here would be wonderful.

I'm going to need a WiFi adapter so what's a good one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOGrey View Post
    Hi guys, I'm planning on building my first PC in the next month or two and I was planning on using Chaud's Dolphin build from march as my starting point.

Case: NZXT Source 210 - $43

Power Supply: EVGA 600B - $63

CPU: AMD FX-8320 - $140

Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $33

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO - $115

Memory: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $84

GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 or GTX 660 - $230 / $190

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $99

DVD: Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $22

Price total = $705-$745

Sorry I can't link to any parts, I used to have an account but haven't posted in years and don't remember any of the information for it.

My Questions:
    Do I need the heat sink? Will the stock fan not work for this build? I don't feel comfortable trying to overclock at this point.

What would be compatible memory that could boost me to 16 gigs or RAM?

What sort of FPS could I expect in WoW? I realize unless someone has the exact same PC they can't give me a precise answer but just a general idea would be amazing.

Is this going to be easy to build? :P Seeing as this is my first build maybe a case that's easy to work in would be better or maybe some of these components are particularly tricky to deal with. Any information here would be wonderful.

I'm going to need a WiFi adapter so what's a good one?
    1 you dont really need the heatsink no, especially with no intentions to OC.

2 16 gigs ram is overkil, i dont think you should go for that.

3 solid fps numbers i would assume, 25 man raids should be somewhere between 30-60 on high

4 all builds are pretty easy to be honest, only a few cases make it harder for you, this one wont

5 http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WN7...reless+adapter maybe that one? i got one from tp link as well, its working really well for me. but with these adapters theres usually dont a big difference.

hope i could help,
    cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    This setup takes it original one and kicks it in the junk. You can add a 1TB WD Blue EZEX on later, if you need it.

PCPartPicker part list
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($88.89 @ Newegg)
    Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $754.80

- - - Updated - - -

For reference, I have effectively the exact same setup, except a 3570K, so if anything this will be marginally better, and it plays wow at 'effective' ultra in raids. It's pretty much the best setup you can get, and a fancy price.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

oh wow, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for hijacking and maybe derailing the thread... but whats the difference between the names for all those builds? Always see them but I have NFI what they actually mean/are, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Sorry for hijacking and maybe derailing the thread... but whats the difference between the names for all those builds? Always see them but I have NFI what they actually mean/are, haha
    I want to say it's just a creative way of ranking the premiums/performance, with otherwise no significance. Puppy < Dolphin < Narwhal < Unicorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    For reference, I have effectively the exact same setup, except a 3570K, so if anything this will be marginally better, and it plays wow at 'effective' ultra in raids. It's pretty much the best setup you can get, and a fancy price.
    Also a z68 mobo
    By the way, what's up with the PC in your sig? :O
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Also a z68 mobo
    By the way, what's up with the PC in your sig? :O
    They're secret code names for newly, not yet released to the public, powerful hardware. I wouldn't ask into any further or you might disappear for good.

On topic, Chazus build is good for your needs (op).