Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    They certainly do not have jurisdiction over the meaning of words. If they say abridging means: "We can violate whenever we choose to" that would not be the definition of abridging. Facts are facts, and the support me.

P.S. Supreme Court has never even made a ruling on First Amendment Zones. So whether they consider them unconstitutional or constitutional is still in the air.
    The court has ruled that you can restrict speech for public safety. Speech zones fall under that clearly.

- - - Updated - - -

I see that you cannot actually form an argument against me. This makes me smile
    Presupposes I'm taking you seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    They most certainly have. Where do you think we're getting the "time, place, and manner" language?
    Source it.

10 chars.

the supreme court is set up in the constitution as the final arbiter over any case of federal or constitutional law.

as someone who loves beating people over the head with the constitution, how are you arguing against the SCOTUS?

The Supreme Court of the United States (first abbreviated as SCOTUS in 1879)[1] was established pursuant to Article III of the United States Constitution in 1789 as the highest federal court in the United States. It has ultimate (and largely discretionary) appellate jurisdiction over all federal courts and over state court cases involving issues of federal law, plus original jurisdiction over a small range of cases. In the legal system of the United States, the Supreme Court is the final interpreter of federal constitutional law, although it may only act within the context of a case in which it has jurisdiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The Nazi party was vehemently opposed to the democratically elected government of the Weimar Republic and was an ultra nationalistic organisation that gained power through civil violence and street battles. Its nationalism and virulent anti-Marxism and anti-Semitism drew support from disaffected Germans.

I don't think you can separate the way he rose to power from what happened after. They're one cloth.
    The opposition to democratically elected federal government, ultra nationalist and virulent anti-Marxism, is exactly what I'm getting at. That's why I'm saying he wouldn't oppose the way he rise to power, but would the resulting dictatorship. The separation I'm pointing at, is how he rose to power, versus the dictatorship he installed.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Presupposes I'm taking you seriously.
    Oh so that's why you just said this

Quote Originally Posted by Wells
    The court has ruled that you can restrict speech for public safety. Speech zones fall under that clearly.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    the supreme court is set up in the constitution as the final arbiter over any case of federal or constitutional law.

as someone who loves beating people over the head with the constitution, how are you arguing against the SCOTUS?
    Because SCOTUS is full of people that lie. The Constitution is full of words. Those do not lie.

Oh so that's why you just said this
    If you really expected your bit about the sky to be a serious argument I'm sorry I just can't.

Here's another one!
    so it says that congress can not pass a law that prevents the freedom to peaceably assemble, it however does not say that it can not limit peaceable assembly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The difference is, to use his analogy, if they had jurisdiction over English definitions and were acting within their authority, then saying the sky was red is all it would take for the sky to be red, whether he likes it or not.
    It's more like,

WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm praising the Governor of Nevada for protecting his people's rights. I'm not really doing anything past that.
    Not really... but, it is... Everything from the praise of the governor to the cases this is being related to, makes it quite clear what this is...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    so it says that congress can not pass a law that prevents the freedom to peaceably assemble, it however does not say that it can not limit peaceable assembly.
    Look up the definition of the word "abridge".

Source it.

10 chars.
    I'll trust your ability to use google, thank you very much. It's all public documents.

Edit: fine, because I'm not a dick, this one lays out the test for the time, place, manner thing. http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/491/781/

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Because SCOTUS is full of people that lie. The Constitution is full of words. Those do not lie.
    you do realize that the constitution was written by people who not only lied, but were also burdened with hypocrisy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Not really... but, it is... Everything from the praise of the governor to the cases this is being related to, makes it quite clear what this is...
    Standing up for the rights of the people. That's exactly what this is. Come back to me once you leave conspiracy land.

- - - Updated - - -

you do realize that the constitution was written by people who not only lied, but were also burdened with hypocrisy?
    It doesn't matter. The words they put down do not lie. I could be a liar and write down the word, "Amazing" and the word amazing would mean amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'll trust your ability to use google, thank you very much. It's all public documents.
    Burden of proof falls on you, my friend.

Look up the definition of the word "abridge".
    it isn't being abridged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full of words that are obviously subjective. It's the whole point of SCOTUS...

Hey Therionn do you believe in state secrets?

Burden of proof falls on you, my friend.
    Burden of reading falls on you, my friend. (see my edit, above, I linked the fucking thing).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    it isn't being abridged.
    If a restriction is being imposed upon it (first amendment zone) then it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    A little word of advice: A right is nothing more than a privilege
    Are you being serious right now? For real, are you?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If a restriction is being imposed upon it (first amendment zone) then it is.
    And we're all clear that the OP's pic is just one of those joke ones, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Full of words that are obviously subjective. It's the whole point of SCOTUS...
    Abridge is not subjective, it's pretty damn direct.