Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Well, the relative difficulty is a minor concern compared to basically adding extra saves to your weekly farm. I enjoy hunting individual mounts a lot, but sometimes you get 300+ kills on the same boss with no luck, and running that same one dungeon every day becomes frustrating. It's one of the main things that keeps people from collecting (and I want more people to collect, because that will mean more content geared towards us), and it also discourages many from going for that "one mount they really really want".
    But at some point it will reach time and convenience vs. farming the mount you actually want, and everyone will start farming the same instance just because it's quicker to do so, and Blizzard has a firm stance against that it seems, look at what's happened to Diablo 3 recently. People found the fastest way to farm legendaries was to just kill one boss over and over again, so they nerfed the hell out of all unique bosses, and buffed the ways they wanted people to get legendaries.

I get people get frustrated, it's why I slowed down on the mount grind myself, but I do not think adding a mount trade in option would be the best way to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I get people get frustrated, it's why I slowed down on the mount grind myself, but I do not think adding a mount trade in option would be the best way to fix that.
    What about a trading option for the Warbringer mounts? Same kind of NPC, various spawns, multiple mounts; a kind of thing we are likely to see again in WoD.

P.S. Keep in mind that a mount trading service was only one hypothesis, even if it does appear to be the most interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Did I say I wanted the mounts removed? No. I simply stated that they shouldn't make them easy to obtain from a vendor. May be a surprise but some players want WoW to remain a challenge and require a bit of effort to obtain the nice things...
    since when does it require effort in wow to aquire nice things anymore, bar any current content HC only mounts everything either requires repeated attempts to get something or just luck, there is very little challenge left in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Because I would have thought all of the special snowflakes had melted by now.
    Sadly they chill out on game forums crying away at others.

@the OP: I would love to see a rare mount vendor tied to Garrisons. More incentive to use and upgrade them. I would imagine it would only sell WoD related mounts- like the boars, wolves, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's a Mei Francis style vendor.... Not sure why it's confusing when we already have a similar NPC in game.
    Not confusing, and very likely, as I admitted before, but a vendor with 5 or so specific mounts feels like too little for a Building Specialization.

If you want this NPC, you have to build a stable (over other options), get it to Level 3 and pick him as a specialization (again, over other options)... then you buy all his mounts and the interaction is over, you'll just go back and change it (if you can). The other specialization we know of (more mounts on display) might not sound like much, but it's something you'll be able to interact with for the duration of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    What about a trading option for the Warbringer mounts? Same kind of NPC, various spawns, multiple mounts; a kind of thing we are likely to see again in WoD.

P.S. Keep in mind that a mount trading service was only one hypothesis, even if it does appear to be the most interesting.
    Very late back to this, but that would be completely different, since all the Warbringers are basically more or less the same exact thing. There is no "quicker way" to grind them out, so I would agree that it would be a decent idea for that.

Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    Good idea, however I think Blizzard will never get that creative. They are rigid and probably only sell several new mounts.
    What this guy said.

While it would be cool if it worked as some kind of exclusive BMAH for mounts, it's probably just a generic "When you upgrade your garrison to this point, the mount trader obtains a new mount you can buy for 30,000 gold" or whatever.

...allows you to access the BMAH from your garrison. You still need to outbid the server.
    but the BMAH rarely offers mounts. If this guy was labeled Black Market Personnel or something then sure. But he's labeled Mount Trader.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Havent heard anything of a BMAH in WoD yet, seemed moreorless neglected it. Lots of items with high starting bids that never sell, even on megapops

However, I do hope if they turn on CRZ for Pandaria or let you access it somewhere else, or that it doesn't apply to the Veiled Star. Getting ganked constantly by Illidan will be unbearable. (you don't share BMAHes, they're just phased there). Will pretty much have to phase off server to use it because it'll be a huge pvp griefing spot at 1:30am every morning.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-04-12 at 08:57 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They way this vendor works is, every time you get a rare mount, you unlock it on your vendor. That way, when a friend comes over, he can buy it from that vendor which will in turn make that gold into garrison currency/materials that you can work with......LOL fuck if I know. I'm just trying to be creative.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    but the BMAH rarely offers mounts. If this guy was labeled Black Market Personnel or something then sure. But he's labeled Mount Trader.
    I didn't envision it as an actual auctioneer, he would still be a vendor, just with the special property of occasionally selling rare mounts for a lot of gold.

Basically, he would have a daily vendor table of 1-3 items that can only be accessed by you or others you invite to your Garrison. Most of the time it will be something common, like "cool mount with 24h duration", "consumable to make you look larger when mounted", "common, cheap WoD mount only he will sell", etc., but every once in a while he will sell a rare mount (from MoP or earlier), in quantity of 1 (so you can't invite the whole server to buy from your npc), for a random price between 20k and 500k. You won't have to outbid anyone, but if the price is random within a wider range, there's a high chance you won't afford it, or would rather wait for it to show up cheaper, so not every rare mount showing up will translate into someone owning it.

It's different from BMAH, but the same principle: random rare mount gold sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauronxyz View Post
    They way this vendor works is, every time you get a rare mount, you unlock it on your vendor. That way, when a friend comes over, he can buy it from that vendor which will in turn make that gold into garrison currency/materials that you can work with......LOL fuck if I know. I'm just trying to be creative.
    That is creative indeed, but I'm afraid rare mounts would spread like wildfire if it worked like that

Wonder if they'll take into account alt garrisons when determining a potential rare mount chance or have it tied to the server like the choice for dailies. Effectively can check it on every level 100 that I'll have when upgraded. I knocked out that Kara mount super fast when I could do it on 7 toons a week.