Alpha notes have me worried

Hunters seem to be losing an awful lot in the new patch notes. The loss of Scatter has me more concerned than anything else. I'm trying to visualize landing a trap without locking someone down even with no arm time and I see it being a real problem. Instead of Scatter shot I'm foreseeing Hunters in PvP needing to rely on a team mate to hold them in place for us due to latency, pets, etc etc.

So far we are losing 4 CCs. Silencing shot, Pet CC, Scatter shot and Snake Trap (yes, I use the heck out of snake trap in BGs).
    I know we can Glyph Explosive shot, but I am so addicted to punting people w/ it.

Another concern is that Warriors and Mages are not losing much in comparison. After looking at their Alpha notes I don't see much along the lines of nerfs at all. I still see no changes to Warrior mobility and Frost Mage control outside Improved counterspell being removed/redesigned.

I know there are a lot of Alpha note threads but I'd like to create a discussion on a more refined topic.

You're missing a few changes from the notes:
    Warriors and mages are going to be affected by the shared DR on all stun and root effects. Warriors are losing Disarm. Mages can no longer instant-cast Polymorph. The duration of the fear from Intimidating Shout has been reduced. Charge non longer stuns, and a warrior must give up a mobility talent in order to retain the stun on charge.

Landing traps is going to be a team effort- or reliant on using your own slows.

It's totally viable to have concerns and to voice those concerns in a constructive way- even though everyone is losing a lot of abilities, what we are losing and how that will affect us is something that needs to be discussed.

I will say, though, that it's hard to judge the effect without seeing it in practice against other classes in a PvP setting, so let's hope that testing is productive once we get to that stage.

We will rely on other people to land traps or use binding shot. Also I believe there is a glyph to turn ice trap into snake trap

Not to be rude or anything but seeing threads like this makes me glad as non hunter, finaly the OPness ends after all these years

Still, Hunters isnt the only class loosing abilities its just one of the classes that needed it the most IMO

Hunters have been good in PvP for not even the whole of this expansion, and that's it. And that's mainly because of an early MoP bug where Stampede pets weren't scaling correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Not to be rude or anything but seeing threads like this makes me glad as non hunter, finaly the OPness ends after all these years

Still, Hunters isnt the only class loosing abilities its just one of the classes that needed it the most IMO
    after all these years lol. We have never been top dps in any raid tier I can think of since icc and been almost bottom in arena representation apart from 3 seasons,7, 11 and 12

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post

What exactly do you main? A warlock I hope?