Personal e-mail for small game group

Hello!

I am part of an indie game development group, and now we'd like to assume a more professional identity because we will be making a game for a big company.
    So, because of that, and that we'd like to organize ourselves better we want to make personalized email accounts for our group.
    (ie. contact@mygamename.com).

We already have a registered domain, just searching for a FREE email provider, are there any good ones?

We'd like to use gmail or outlook but since they're now paid we will leave them to later.

Thanks!

Sorry for my bad english.

free is less likely i think with a custom one. http://freeola.com/emailpro/ for example is reasonable and http://atmail.com/ is also decent but think thats $10 a month which is great really.

edit: http://www.zoho.com/mail/ may be worth a look.

If you have a registered domain, you are prob setting up a webserver to run a website? you can just run a mail server on that under the domain name?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salyon View Post
    Hello!

I am part of an indie game development group, and now we'd like to assume a more professional identity because we will be making a game for a big company.
    So, because of that, and that we'd like to organize ourselves better we want to make personalized email accounts for our group.
    (ie. contact@mygamename.com).

We already have a registered domain, just searching for a FREE email provider, are there any good ones?

We'd like to use gmail or outlook but since they're now paid we will leave them to later.

Thanks!

Sorry for my bad english.
    Your english seems just fine to me.

Also good luck with your game development!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You're going to have to invest in it sooner or later. Even my e-mail addresses ends in @puppetshowjustice.com.

Just bite the bullet and go all the way with it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    If you have a registered domain, you are prob setting up a webserver to run a website? you can just run a mail server on that under the domain name?
    Yeah - exactly what this guy says. Surely the best thing is just to run a mail server using the company's domain name, the same as everyone else does. It'll all tie together then.

Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    We will for sure open a website evetually, but we want to have this game made first, since it will be the first official game under our new "name".

I agree with the 2 that said set up your own server. get a tower and set up a microsoft exchange server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you already have the paid domain just make a mail server under that domain and then open the domain when game is done.

I am guessing you want your mail to be named the same as the homepage.

Sadly there is no free services that allow you to have random@yourcompany.com all free services will be random@theirname.com

So either get a mail server running or bite the bullet and pay for it. i think it cost 10-25 euro per year tops.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Ok, thanks for the answers!

I'll do a research about my own server then!

Most Web Hosting Services already provide email capabilities with the packages, I've never known a package that supports MySQL to not provide it. They generally don't advertise it because they want you to buy the extra email services they offer.

I'd recommend taking another look on your control panel, looking for anything to do with email.

Note; GMail / Outlook is not a paid for email service. No idea where you're getting that from.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post

Note; GMail / Outlook is not a paid for email service. No idea where you're getting that from.
    Its paid if you want to use their tools and have a personalized domain name, like "@myname.com", instead of "@gmail.com".

10+ Year Old Account
    Godaddy:
    Economy plan

» 10 GB disk space
    » Unlimited bandwidth
    » 100 Email Accounts
    » 10 MySQL Databases

Price: $4.99 per month

But if your group is really just small and you have no intend to open a website for now, just stick with Google, AOL, Yahoo or whatever with your mail for now..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."