Your opinion of "Forced Alliances" (UNMARKED SPOILERS INSIDE)

First off, the warning: this thread is to discuss the latest plot arch on the game, titled Forced Alliances, this is an endgame content, and as such there will be UNMARKED SPOILERS in this thread. If you haven't reached the endgame yet, or if you have yet to play the Forced Alliances story arch (currently contained in the two Tactical Flashpoints added in patch 2.7) please leave the thread now, lest ye be spoiled.

Ye have been warned.

With that out of the way, I'm interested in what some people think about this latest development.

The story of the game hasn't moved much since Oricon, with the menace of the Dread Masters out of the way, the hutt cartels either pacified or neutralized in ROTHC, and the emperor currently in a coma following his confrontation with the Jedi Knight, there hasn't been any new threats as of late.

All the latest "expansions" seem to add game features, but no plot, there's no overall villain or conflict in Galactic Starfighter, and the next one focuses on housing, so there's no conflict in there either.

Here comes Forced Alliances, a new story arch told in Tactical FPs as opposed to operations, and I must say, I'm both intrigued, and perplexed.

On the one hand, I hate that it ends in a cliffhanger, on the other hand, I'm very intrigued at the implications of someone behind the republic and the empire working behind the shadows to endanger both sides.

So, lets hear your opinions on the story revealed thus far, as well as your own speculation on what do you think they were after in both temples, etc.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    First off, the warning: this thread is to discuss the latest plot arch on the game, titled Forced Alliances, this is an endgame content, and as such there will be UNMARKED SPOILERS in this thread. If you haven't reached the endgame yet, or if you have yet to play the Forced Alliances story arch (currently contained in the two Tactical Flashpoints added in patch 2.7) please leave the thread now, lest ye be spoiled.

Ye have been warned.

With that out of the way, I'm interested in what some people think about this latest development.

The story of the game hasn't moved much since Oricon, with the menace of the Dread Masters out of the way, the hutt cartels either pacified or neutralized in ROTHC, and the emperor currently in a coma following his confrontation with the Jedi Knight, there hasn't been any new threats as of late.

All the latest "expansions" seem to add game features, but no plot, there's no overall villain or conflict in Galactic Starfighter, and the next one focuses on housing, so there's no conflict in there either.

Here comes Forced Alliances, a new story arch told in Tactical FPs as opposed to operations, and I must say, I'm both intrigued, and perplexed.

On the one hand, I hate that it ends in a cliffhanger, on the other hand, I'm very intrigued at the implications of someone behind the republic and the empire working behind the shadows to endanger both sides.

So, lets hear your opinions on the story revealed thus far, as well as your own speculation on what do you think they were after in both temples, etc.
    I think its ok i guess. I like both new characters, Lana Beniko for the Empire and Theron Shan for the Republic. Now the part thats underlined has me a bit curious. I've already played that in Imperial Agents story so i think it will be a bit overdone when we find out whats up with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also not sure if you did it on purpose or not, but its called FORGED alliances. Not Forced.

Although SWTOR's blog entry regarding the State of the Galaxy has not much to add to this, one thing caught my attention: Saresh might become important during the upcoming story arc.

If you look at the Empire side, a lot of important persons got killed/disabled: Kilran, Malgus, the Emperor. On the Republic side, we lost Revan - whose role in the current era was not that important.

Time to poach a bit on the Republic side

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'm very intrigued at the implications of someone behind the republic and the empire working behind the shadows to endanger both sides.
    It seems to me you haven't played the Imperial Agent.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It seems to me you haven't played the Imperial Agent.
    Yea I got that Agent vibe too and along with the Shroud storyline in the macrobinoc missions, there is a deeper bigger plot afoot. I am happy that they are introducing something that is not faction neural and there are battles on both sides.

Cant wait to see what part 2 will entail.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Cant wait to see what part 2 will entail.
    I can, it's probably just a new Star Cabal that's acquired the data and history the previous one had, or a backup cell of the original. For a new story arc, these flashpoints and breadcrumbs leading to them are painfully short and barebones.