View Poll Results: Do you support legislating against circumcision?

Voters
664. This poll is closed
  • Yes i view it as totally unneeded bar for medical necessity.

389 58.58%
  • No, i believe parents should ultimately have the choice to decide.

122 18.37%
  • This is a non-issue for me and i have no real opinion.

63 9.49%
  • Popcorn time.

90 13.55%
Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well, that's what most people have been saying...
    I completely agree. As a parent, you have to make decisions for your child when they are young. However, circumcision is not one of those things I would even consider. It's changing a part of a child's anatomy, even as their parent...do I have the right to do that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ladylin View Post
    Then may I ask where you get this "dryness" crap from? As a woman who HAS had sex with circumcised men, not once have I ever had a "dry" issue.
    There is no doubt that you are female, what with Lady in your name, although one wonders why someone makes a new account just for this thread.

Deleted
    Good for Finland.. Lol at evil gubbamint should not tell me i can´t mutilate babies derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    There is no doubt that you are female, what with Lady in your name, although one wonders why someone makes a new account just for this thread.
    I have been meaning to post on a few threads, just never got around to it. So I decided to just go ahead and post lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why your parents and not your decision?
    Same reason they get to decide your name, your religion, your clothes, your toys, your...
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Same reason they get to decide your name, your religion, your clothes, your toys, your...
    All of those can be changed very easily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    You can change your name.
    You can change your religion.
    You can change your clothes.
    You can change your toys.

You can't get your foreskin back.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Lol at comparing being raised into a religion with losing part of your dick.

Can you people get more desperate?

Circumcision is a horrible, barbaric procedure that violates human rights and if not for the brainwashing and the money that results from it, it would've been banned long ago.

But governments are corrupt and enjoy the money, even if it comes from torturing baby boys.

15+ Year Old Account

Hehe dont think he really thought that through
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHast View Post
    Lol at comparing being raised into a religion with losing part of your dick.

Can you people get more desperate?

Circumcision is a horrible, barbaric procedure that violates human rights and if not for the brainwashing and the money that results from it, it would've been banned long ago.

But governments are corrupt and enjoy the money, even if it comes from torturing baby boys.
    Yeah there are about 4 million babies born in the US every year. So roughly 2 million boys. I googled that circumcision costs around 500 USD. So 2 million x 500 USD = 1 billion dollars.

It's a big business this penis chopping.....

Btw, if they cut like 10 grams of tissue when they cut the foreskin... that's 20 000 kg's of chopped foreskins in the US every year.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2014-04-14 at 05:29 PM.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Foreskin is extremely valuable due to being newborn tissue, which is extremely unlikely to cause rejection, has stem cells and is perfectly healthy.. most of the time.

So rest assured they get profits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Foreskin is extremely valuable due to being newborn tissue, which is extremely unlikely to cause rejection, has stem cells and is perfectly healthy.. most of the time.

So rest assured they get profits.
    Wait... are you telling me they reuse those foreskins? So if you lost an ear in an accident they will make you a new one from 100 foreskins. Yuck.

Deleted
    More like they use them in research and cosmetics. I recall reading a foreskin can be used to for fibroblasts for a decade.

Okay; here's a question.
    Say I have a religion that requires me to chop off my son's pinky's top digits. It won't really affect him that much; he'll have to type a bit differently, but won't really be affected by it when he grows up...

Would this be okay to do to my infant son? Without his consent, just lob off a digit?

'Because religion' is not a good reason. There's tonnes and tonnes of things we do not allow despite religious doctrine that tells us we must. We do not stone people to death, we do not sacrifice our firstborn. We do not sacrifice virgin girls, and we do not allow corporal punishment.
    So there are quite a few things that are not allowed, and yet are part of a religion. Those things are not allowed because they are bad, and infringe upon other people's rights. Child circumcision is such a practice that is bad and should not be allowed.

Religion should never be an excuse to allow things you would otherwise not allow. Whether it is the removal of digits on infants, the removal of an infant's foreskin, or the sacrifice of virgins... Doesn't matter. Harm is done, the 'victim's' wishes are NOT respected or even questioned, and thus we can only conclude that it is a form of abuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... are you telling me they reuse those foreskins? So if you lost an ear in an accident they will make you a new one from 100 foreskins. Yuck.
    Well... there are only so many princesses you can buy with them.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Foreskins obtained from circumcision procedures are frequently used by biochemical and micro-anatomical researchers to study the structure and proteins of human skin. In particular, foreskins obtained from newborns have been found to be useful in the manufacturing of more human skin.[60]

Human growth factors derived from newborns' foreskins are used to make a commercial anti-wrinkle skin cream, TNS Recovery Complex.[61](subscription required)

Foreskins of babies are also used for skin graft tissue,[62][63][64] and for β-interferon-based drugs.[65]

Foreskin fibroblasts have been used in biomedical research.[66]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Okay; here's a question.
    Say I have a religion that requires me to chop off my son's pinky's top digits. It won't really affect him that much; he'll have to type a bit differently, but won't really be affected by it when he grows up...

Would this be okay to do to my infant son? Without his consent, just lob off a digit?

'Because religion' is not a good reason. There's tonnes and tonnes of things we do not allow despite religious doctrine that tells us we must. We do not stone people to death, we do not sacrifice our firstborn. We do not sacrifice virgin girls, and we do not allow corporal punishment.
    So there are quite a few things that are not allowed, and yet are part of a religion. Those things are not allowed because they are bad, and infringe upon other people's rights. Child circumcision is such a practice that is bad and should not be allowed.

Religion should never be an excuse to allow things you would otherwise not allow. Whether it is the removal of digits on infants, the removal of an infant's foreskin, or the sacrifice of virgins... Doesn't matter. Harm is done, the 'victim's' wishes are NOT respected or even questioned, and thus we can only conclude that it is a form of abuse.
    You argue with brainwashed people, religious zealots or trolls.

No one in his right mind could ever support the mutilation of newborns without their consent. Those people oppose basic human rights. You aren't going to hange their opinion.

10+ Year Old Account

Or you can be like me and let your child pick their clothes and toys. We are not religious either, but if she wants to go to church, temple, w/e with a friend, I'm not going to stop her.

The only reason I am against circumcision is because, well...males are born with it...I don't see a logical reason for the removal of something that is naturally occurring.

Deleted
    Technically, women are born with it, too.

The clitoral hood is the underdeveloped version of foreskin.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like the religious pro-circumcision people tell us what is the religious purpose of removing foreskin?

I don't remember reading about Jesus or any other religious figure saying that "eat this bread, it's my body. drink this wine, it's my blood. eat this meat jerky, it's my foreskin"

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, women are born with it, too.

The clitoral hood is the underdeveloped version of foreskin.
    Female is the base, not male.