View Poll Results: Do you support legislating against circumcision?

Voters
664. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i view it as totally unneeded bar for medical necessity.

    389 58.58%
  • No, i believe parents should ultimately have the choice to decide.

    122 18.37%
  • This is a non-issue for me and i have no real opinion.

    63 9.49%
  • Popcorn time.

    90 13.55%
  1. #1581
    Pandaren Monk Mnevis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Do I personally? Will just leave that as a non-answer. Really feel that (as a woman) that those matters are guys' business and had I a son I'd personally leave the decision up to the father.

    While woman of certain cultures where it's more prevalent maybe be used to guys having had it done and might prefer it because it's what they're used to, ultimately I don't think we really have a place to have any actual say in that. No more than men should have in matters involving our bodies, it's only fair that respect for bodily matters goes both way and we women just take a step back and watch what happens with this.

    That said, good on Finland if they've decided it's a barbaric tradition that's outlived it's welcome.
    In the FGM cultures, it's quite often (usually?) the women who propagate it. I don't know whether you're implying that men are the ones cutting the girls in Africa or not...

    If someone had, I'd be extremely grateful to whoever said 'NO' to my circumcision, and it's my mother I'm most resentful towards for handing me over. Like I've said in this thread, I try really hard not to fault her for it, given the culture, but the facts on the ground (so to speak) tell me they didn't care what I, the adult man, the owner of the penis in question, might want.

    http://www.drmomma.org/2011/08/intac...gnificant.html

  2. #1582
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    if i had anymore sensation i dont think i would last more than 20secs... i love my circumcision, really sets my junk apart from the others.
    good for you. you just don't have the right to do that to newborn babies.

    btw do you not use a condom? usually people say it kills the pleasure.

  3. #1583
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It still doesn't matter. Whether it's not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. It's still something unnecessary, and parents who do it basically take that choice from their children. It doesn't add anything, and you decide something your child should be able to choose for himself. You wouldn't cut any other part of your kid off without their consent. (which they can't really give until 16-18 (depending on where you live, under and over that number)



    So it's simple: it isn't necessary, you're removing a part of your child's body without your child having any choice in it, it's bullshit; don't do it.
    you must not have any children huh... i make thousands of choices for my children everyday... you act like this is a big one. its actually pretty damn small (no pun intended)... more important decisions like which neighborhood am i gonna raise my kids in, which school will they go to. Will I save for college... but yeah I guess in a perfect world we all can sit around discussing something unimportant as male circumcision.

    PS im not religious at all either and i still support the right to circumcise your child if you want.

  4. #1584
    The Lightbringer OzoAndIndi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    In the FGM cultures, it's quite often (usually?) the women who propagate it. I don't know whether you're implying that men are the ones cutting the girls in Africa or not...

    If someone had, I'd be extremely grateful to whoever said 'NO' to my circumcision, and it's my mother I'm most resentful towards for handing me over. Like I've said in this thread, I try really hard not to fault her for it, given the culture, but the facts on the ground (so to speak) tell me they didn't care what I, the adult man, the owner of the penis in question, might want.

    http://www.drmomma.org/2011/08/intac...gnificant.html
    My comments had nothing to do with so-called female circumcision, just to clear that up.

  5. #1585
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    good for you. you just don't have the right to do that to newborn babies.

    btw do you not use a condom? usually people say it kills the pleasure.
    nah man married for 8years... havent seen a condom in over 10 lol

  6. #1586
    I feel sad for all those who think that its the parents call...

  7. #1587
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    if i had anymore sensation i dont think i would last more than 20secs... i love my circumcision, really sets my junk apart from the others.
    Who lasts longer than 20secs anyway? Everything above 10 seconds is just holding back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  8. #1588
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Who lasts longer than 20secs anyway? Everything above 10 seconds is just holding back!
    High Five for two pump chumps!
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

  9. #1589
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Who lasts longer than 20secs anyway? Everything above 10 seconds is just holding back!
    Dudebro, don't you know? This is the internet, all us guys have giant throbbing members as long as a forearm as wide as a tuna can, and can plug away for hours because we're all so awesome and so alpha.

  10. #1590
    It is a religious issue for some people. They will just go to another country to have it done.

    For me the issue is not circumcision, but the fact that it is done to children without their consent. Religion or not, it should be illegal to be done to children, and not illegal for everyone.

  11. #1591
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    you must not have any children huh... i make thousands of choices for my children everyday... you act like this is a big one. its actually pretty damn small (no pun intended)... more important decisions like which neighborhood am i gonna raise my kids in, which school will they go to. Will I save for college... but yeah I guess in a perfect world we all can sit around discussing something unimportant as male circumcision.

    PS im not religious at all either and i still support the right to circumcise your child if you want.

    So because you raise your child and will have to make decisions for them that benefit them, it's okay to rob them from the decision whether or not to get a piece of their body cut off? What lame-ass excuse is that to uphold a barbaric tradition? I can almost not even take you seriously for equating those things. You are non-beneficially cutting off a part of your infant's body without their consent. You're cutting off a part of their body for the sake of cutting off a part of their body. Yeah, bla-bla tradition. But things aren't automatically good just because they are traditions. That's circular logic.



    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Yes it's medically unnecessary; however, it's not as drastic as a subincision so people need to... relax and stop comparing it to this horrible horrible mutilation.

    Whether or not you find it horrible mutilation, it's still robbing your child from deciding on his own whether he wants to get a piece of his body permanently cut off or not. If the removal itself isn't horrible, then having the gall to think you can decide whether or not your child should have a piece of his body and going along and removing that piece is the retarded part.


    Summary: stupid traditions are stupid and barbaric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You don't know that she didn't, and it doesn't matter what she said, her parents are "RESPONSIBLE" for her, and as "RESPONSIBLE" parents they protected their child, fuck the little boy or your feelings.
    *:・゚SOCIAL JUSTICE゚・:*

  12. #1592
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    High Five for two pump chumps!
    High five! o/
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Dudebro, don't you know? This is the internet, all us guys have giant throbbing members as long as a forearm as wide as a tuna can, and can plug away for hours because we're all so awesome and so alpha.
    Such penis. Very tasty. So strong. Much envy. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  13. #1593
    if i had anymore sensation i dont think i would last more than 20secs
    Pretty sure you should get that checked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    Urologists are certainly qualified to discuss the health and care and potential problems with said part of the body (I think...that the foreskin exists in American medical textbooks, not entirely sure),
    The fact that their books don't show foreskin further proves my claims about the population being brainwashed into thinking it's normal.

    it's not as drastic as a subincision so people need to... relax and stop comparing it to this horrible horrible mutilation.
    Shooting you in the hand is not as bad as shooting you in the head. Doesn't make it any less illegal.

    Mutilation and violation of human rights are what they are, regardless of gravity.

  14. #1594
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    174
    Every parent does a 100 things which will have a much more negative inpact on their child then circumstion. If we should prevent everything hurting a child as much or more ik any way we would have to leave all bringing up of children strictly to the goverment which I doubt many in here is in favour of.

    Could it be the problem is that this case often has something to do with cultures alot of people have a problem with these days (especially in racist finland).

  15. #1595
    I don't know why mutilation of babies is even legal in the first place (well, I do, but yeah).

  16. #1596
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHast View Post
    Yeah, they do.

    The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit. They are all God.

    That doesn't make sense. If God is The Son, The Father and The Holy Spirit, then all three are God, God is God, is God. How can the Holy Spirit who is God, not be The Son who is God if they're both God?
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

  17. #1597
    Pandaren Monk Mnevis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Platon View Post
    Every parent does a 100 things which will have a much more negative inpact on their child then circumstion.
    Parents of baby boys who die from circumcision make no decision that more negatively affects that child.

    And for what?

  18. #1598
    Every parent does a 100 things which will have a much more negative inpact on their child then circumstion. If we should prevent everything hurting a child as much or more ik any way we would have to leave all bringing up of children strictly to the goverment which I doubt many in here is in favour of.
    Just because worse things happen doesn't mean this one is any less right.

    It is a violation of bodily autonomy, torturing a defenceless child and destroying part of his body for no good reason.

  19. #1599
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Do I personally? Will just leave that as a non-answer. Really feel that (as a woman) that those matters are guys' business and had I a son I'd personally leave the decision up to the father.

    While woman of certain cultures where it's more prevalent maybe be used to guys having had it done and might prefer it because it's what they're used to, ultimately I don't think we really have a place to have any actual say in that. No more than men should have in matters involving our bodies, it's only fair that respect for bodily matters goes both way and we women just take a step back and watch what happens with this.

    That said, good on Finland if they've decided it's a barbaric tradition that's outlived it's welcome.
    I disagree quite vehemently. Women and men aren't different species. Genital mutilation, whether male or female (and all their 'traditional' gradients, from a cut to full-out removal) is a problem that should concern all of us. I am born male. Women's problems are still MY problems as well, however, because we are both human. It's my species. Likewise, I believe that men's problems should be women's problems as well. Again; same species.
    Plumbing is a minor detail, and should be irrelevant when it comes to rights, autonomy and opportunity. Just going 'oh, but that's YOUR problem' won't solve it. That kind of attitude didn't bring universal suffering, didn't end forced conscription for males, and didn't get women equal wages and opportunities (in the places that have achieved that).

    We're all in this together.

  20. #1600
    Quote Originally Posted by Platon View Post
    Every parent does a 100 things which will have a much more negative inpact on their child then circumstion.
    "There's worse things in life, so let's allow parents to mutilate children for no reason".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •