Stuf and Portrait/health bar overlay

Is it, in stuf, possible to use the portrait as a health bar the same way as Elvui does?

Similar to how this portrait is being used.

http://www.wowace.com/media/attachme...aitOverlay.png

Quote Originally Posted by Winfield View Post
    Is it, in stuf, possible to use the portrait as a health bar the same way as Elvui does?

Not use it the same way, but you could simply place the health bar above the portrait and if it supports it, have the bar being transparent with an opaque health deficit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Winfield View Post

Yes

http://i.imgur.com/55tv5rs.jpg

The only thing you need to do is make the portrait bar with no background and place it over the health bar and set your frame status to high.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    Yes

http://i.imgur.com/55tv5rs.jpg

The only thing you need to do is make the portrait bar with no background and place it over the health bar and set your frame status to high.
    This is what I do with my UI. It works very well

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not use it the same way, but you could simply place the health bar above the portrait and if it supports it, have the bar being transparent with an opaque health deficit.
    what ComputerNerd said, except, you can't do that in Stuf. (you can't make the deficit opaque and the background transparent)

You CAN do that with WeakAuras though, so whenever I used/tried this effect in the past I used a Stuf frame + portrait with a WeakAuras health bar over the top. That alone is easy, but it becomes trickier if you then want text over the health bar because all Stuf frame elements sit in the same strata (and you will have just placed the WeakAuras HP bar in a strata above that) so you need the text to be done with WeakAuras too.

Ofc, it's possible you can do it with Stuf alone and I'm just being super dumb and missing it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    what ComputerNerd said, except, you can't do that in Stuf. (you can't make the deficit opaque and the background transparent)
    You can use Fill on Loss, then the deficit can use the bar custom color. Putting it over the portrait (and potentially reversing direction, depending on how you wanted the portrait to appear to "fill up") and making the background for the health bar transparent will then create the effect. Unless there's a desired aspect that I'm missing.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    You can use Fill on Loss, then the deficit can use the bar custom color. Putting it over the portrait (and potentially reversing direction, depending on how you wanted the portrait to appear to "fill up") and making the background for the health bar transparent will then create the effect. Unless there's a desired aspect that I'm missing.
    That sounds exactly like it.
    I might have to re-enable stUF and have a bit of a play, see if I can come up with the desired effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. :-)

Thanks a lot for the input. I haven't been able to try it out yet, but hopefully I'll have time tonight

You CAN do that with WeakAuras though, so whenever I used/tried this effect in the past I used a Stuf frame + portrait with a WeakAuras health bar over the top. That alone is easy, but it becomes trickier if you then want text over the health bar because all Stuf frame elements sit in the same strata (and you will have just placed the WeakAuras HP bar in a strata above that) so you need the text to be done with WeakAuras too.

Ofc, it's possible you can do it with Stuf alone and I'm just being super dumb and missing it...
    Yes, you can do it in Stuf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the heads up. :-)
    No problem! I use stUF and I've used the portrait-as-health look before, so I'm glad to help.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.