Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    what about paladin plates only have int, and prot/ret damage are sp based?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by paladative View Post
    what about paladin plates only have int, and prot/ret damage are sp based?
    I think I could accept that. As far as I can tell Holy paladins are the only plate wearers that use intel. I might be wrong. But I can't think of any other plate wearers that would benefit from intel. TBH there really is a lot of gear going to waste right now in groups that don't have a holy paladin in it. I think I have 3 pieces in my bank on my paladin that I picked up just for xmog that are plate intel. That I don't even use because my paladin is Prot/ret.

  3. #43
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfz View Post
    I think I could accept that. As far as I can tell Holy paladins are the only plate wearers that use intel. I might be wrong. But I can't think of any other plate wearers that would benefit from intel. TBH there really is a lot of gear going to waste right now in groups that don't have a holy paladin in it. I think I have 3 pieces in my bank on my paladin that I picked up just for xmog that are plate intel. That I don't even use because my paladin is Prot/ret.
    Aren't they fixing that in WoD?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  4. #44
    No just no. Pretty much every major paladin in lore used and uses 2 handers. If anything shields are out of place for paladins and should be replaced with librams.

  5. #45
    What is this? Paladins were made for two handers, they almost look silly without one.

  6. #46
    Eh, I can kind of see both sides.

    In traditional D&D lore, Paladins are shield users. Their damage comes from using holy spells to smite down foes, not martial prowess. They're also major healers in D&D as well. WC3 kind of reworked that image with Uther and Arthas swinging big ol' hammers around.

    WoW kind of takes all of that and implements it into the class. However, in Warcraft universe lore pretty much every pally (Uther, Arthas, Liadrin, Tirion etc) is Ret.

    Edit: One of the things that I wish wasn't stripped out of the game was the anti-undead (and demon) angle. Class balance wise, I realize it's a nightmare, but it sucks a lot of the flavor out of the class to not do bonus damage to unholy enemies.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2014-04-23 at 07:23 PM.

  7. #47
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post

    Edit: One of the things that I wish wasn't stripped out of the game was the anti-undead (and demon) angle. Class balance wise, I realize it's a nightmare, but it sucks a lot of the flavor out of the class to not do bonus damage to unholy enemies.
    Yeah, that's too bad they did that. Even if it was visual for PvP, having crits against undead, or other effects against undeads and demons was a great touch.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  8. #48
    I would be ok with this... I'd love to see the shield use more offensively in a dps spec... with tosses. slashes, and bashes all with better animations... That said WoW's version of the pally is all about ret having a 2h.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by paladative View Post
    what about paladin plates only have int, and prot/ret damage are sp based?
    They shoulda made prot/ret use int plate back in LK even let alone cata to do away with the one spec using int plate issue... granted that is all now solved in WoD so mute point.

  9. #49
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,828
    Leave Ret Alone for this. Prot? Sure.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  10. #50
    Paladins in lore and game play have always been dps as 2-hander. The Sword and Board dps style will be given to warriors which is in line with other fiction.(if not wow)
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by angelflavor View Post
    Paladins in lore and game play have always been dps as 2-hander.
    And the most boring one in terms of options.
    Reverse Nostalgia: Everything is so cool and awesome now that i can't imagine how the game has been survived after the ubercrap of vanilla / tbc with over 10 million players.
    My bet: WoD Release not until November 2014
    wat...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •