Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How to prove you are not a bot ?

Ok so i decided to save for a feldrake and to farm 5-10k worth of ore a day, and i got banned for "botting" well from what i can tell from talking with blizz the only they way they can tell if i was botting or not was if i was to talk to any one in G chat, que for a bg or dung, or any thing other then farm.

Well im not the best farmer i just commit the time and effort into it, i do use a druid and have the gloves off the rare that allow me to have a 1.7 farm time instead of a 3.2 sec.
    I dont take the same path each time even though i do have a set route I try to stick with, if i see some one has already been down that path and there inst any nodes yet ill turn around and go the other way, when my bags get full ill delete a gem or some off item so i can get "one last stack".

They said they looked at my "logs" but i would think my logs would show that im human and not perfect, ive seen bots and u can tell just from watching them so why cant blizz tell from my imperfect logs, i would think a bot would be a lot better at farming then i am.

So my real question, is other then once every so often do some thing other then farming as blizz has told me to do to prove im not a bot, but that kinda defeats the point of going hard farming. Am i not allowed to go that hard farming with out being thought of as a bot. Is there a another way i can make as much gold as I only have healers toons, And what can i do to prove next time that I am not a bot and im spending a lot of my time and effort into this. I would think if they were to look at my logs they would see im far from perfect and tell im not a bot.

Any advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Next Time"

Are you starting a brand new character from scratch?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

No sorry im on a 3day ban, but dont plan on not farming when i get my acct back, just want to avoid beeing banned. Farming ore is how i make my gold, so im just trying to prevent another ban when i get back.

it's an automated system. if you kill X mob X number of times in X seconds, the game bans you. if you interact with X amount of nodes for X amount of time, the game bans you. it's been around since wotlk. it's a lazy way for blizz to deal with botters, except it never gets botters, it gets people just grinding

next time, raise hell immediately and tell them you're sick and goddamn tired of suffering because they don't wanna pay someone to actively monitor these situations

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    If Blizzard says you're botting, you're more then likely botting.

They have some incredibly high tech stuff to catch bots.

I want the whole story, and I don't think you're telling us it.
    this is such bullshit. they can't catch bots unless they're hooking, you don't need to hook and sometimes, they can't catch those who are hooking.
    the AUTOMATED system that detects repetition is just a poor design that saves the money. it catches people grinding more than anything. real bots have ways to avoid this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    If Blizzard says you're botting, you're more then likely botting.

They have some incredibly high tech stuff to catch bots.

I want the whole story, and I don't think you're telling us it.
    Blizzards angels. "Blizzards ALWAYS right!". They do have a flawed bot tracking program I've had a guildie get banned for botting in the middle of a raid before. They don't like making up for mistakes they do. I know the Blizzard White Knights might not like the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    The "Automated" system does a LOT of things, actually. Including hooking.

However, I highly doubt they gave a 3 day ban for botting. That usually goes straight to the chopping block.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

This story is I have no life atm, and been spending my free time framing, Im far from perfect and yes i thought they would be able to tell if my actions were the same every time, maybe the farming path being diff when i see there is no ore, i wont keep going down that path ill turn around and go my other route, so either the GM was lazy and didnt look into any of that, or they dont have a " some incredibly high tech stuff to catch bots ". Im not the 1st person this has happend too, I tried to look up ways i could prove i wasnt using a bot and that it was me putting my time and effort into trying to make in game gold.

As far as the whole story, i dont know what eles there is too say, i spent 5hrs after my raid farming, and logged off for a sec, and when tired to log back on i was on a perma ban, after putting in a ticket its a 3day ban, and they say next time more or less do spend so much time farming with out doing any thing eles, there has to be a better way then that, i shouldnt have to que for a bg or dung on my farming, and the guild im in is dead, even if it wasnt im spending my time to make in game gold not chat with ppl, thats what i have mumble, vent and skype for.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The "Automated" system does a LOT of things, actually. Including hooking.

However, I highly doubt they gave a 3 day ban for botting. That usually goes straight to the chopping block.
    in 2008 i was killing mobs in the shadowmourne cave too fast. i got a 3 day ban. i appealed within 15 mins and was unbanned with an apology and explanation from the GM. his words were "the automated system sucks and does this all the time, sorry"

the automated system doesn't hook. it doesn't look for hooking either. it looks for repetition and nothing else. it's why a real bot with a random deviation or pause built in will never trigger it, hooking or not

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitwasp View Post
    This story is I have no life atm, and been spending my free time framing, Im far from perfect and yes i thought they would be able to tell if my actions were the same every time, maybe the farming path being diff when i see there is no ore, i wont keep going down that path ill turn around and go my other route, so either the GM was lazy and didnt look into any of that, or they dont have a " some incredibly high tech stuff to catch bots ". Im not the 1st person this has happend too, I tried to look up ways i could prove i wasnt using a bot and that it was me putting my time and effort into trying to make in game gold.

As far as the whole story, i dont know what eles there is too say, i spent 5hrs after my raid farming, and logged off for a sec, and when tired to log back on i was on a perma ban, after putting in a ticket its a 3day ban, and they say next time more or less do spend so much time farming with out doing any thing eles, there has to be a better way then that, i shouldnt have to que for a bg or dung on my farming, and the guild im in is dead, even if it wasnt im spending my time to make in game gold not chat with ppl, thats what i have mumble, vent and skype for.
    Best advice I can give you is take kind of erratic breaks. Get a drink, do random bg's occasionally. If you are purely farming its gonna be hard to get past farmer-gate.

Also don't feel bad for playing the game. You don't have to apologize.

So is there no way to prove that im not botting if they are just going by how much i farm ?

So is there no way to prove that im not botting if they are just going by how much i farm ?
    if you didn't appeal instantly to the email that explained why you were banned, you were probably botting and not there to respond. you get banned, you get an email instantly. it tells you where to go to appeal. it's a fast process start to finish. if you were botting, read up on what warden looks for and stop doing that. log out/in every so often, whatever

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Blizzards angels. "Blizzards ALWAYS right!". They do have a flawed bot tracking program I've had a guildie get banned for botting in the middle of a raid before. They don't like making up for mistakes they do. I know the Blizzard White Knights might not like the truth.
    And as usual someone resorts to that childish argument rather than coming up with something original or constructive.

The automated systems are simply a poor fix for what is in reality a fight that blizzard are losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Thanks for the help guys, i just wish once flaged they could look at my logs better or some thing to see that im a person, im far from perfect while farming and dont take the same path every time, delete items out of my bags to make room and what ever eles i could do to prove it, from some of the other story's ive read, it sounds like the gm looking into was just lazy. Thank you guys for the help and sorry to all the poor ppl that get stuck with my farmer in some bgs just to prevent blizz from banning me again .

Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    if you didn't appeal instantly to the email that explained why you were banned, you were probably botting and not there to respond. you get banned, you get an email instantly. it tells you where to go to appeal. it's a fast process start to finish. if you were botting, read up on what warden looks for and stop doing that. log out/in every so often, whatever
    Because everyone knows to check their email when they get banned. As people get banned all the time.

Oh wait.

Ok so i decided to save for a feldrake and to farm 5-10k worth of ore a day, and i got banned for "botting" well from what i can tell from talking with blizz the only they way they can tell if i was botting or not was if i was to talk to any one in G chat, que for a bg or dung, or any thing other then farm.

Well im not the best farmer i just commit the time and effort into it, i do use a druid and have the gloves off the rare that allow me to have a 1.7 farm time instead of a 3.2 sec.
    I dont take the same path each time even though i do have a set route I try to stick with, if i see some one has already been down that path and there inst any nodes yet ill turn around and go the other way, when my bags get full ill delete a gem or some off item so i can get "one last stack".

They said they looked at my "logs" but i would think my logs would show that im human and not perfect, ive seen bots and u can tell just from watching them so why cant blizz tell from my imperfect logs, i would think a bot would be a lot better at farming then i am.

So my real question, is other then once every so often do some thing other then farming as blizz has told me to do to prove im not a bot, but that kinda defeats the point of going hard farming. Am i not allowed to go that hard farming with out being thought of as a bot. Is there a another way i can make as much gold as I only have healers toons, And what can i do to prove next time that I am not a bot and im spending a lot of my time and effort into this. I would think if they were to look at my logs they would see im far from perfect and tell im not a bot.

Any advice?
    Just talk in general chat every now and then. I'm assuming you're farming in valley for GIO there is always something to talk about there just join in.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Never bot on anything you are not willing to lose.

If you are not "Botting" Make sure you are talking in guild, doing other stuff than hitting the nodes really fast.
    Clearing a whole zone will get you banned, so fly all of pandaria.

Also people could have reported you if you were around the same area for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Just talk in general chat every now and then. I'm assuming you're farming in valley for GIO there is always something to talk about there just join in.
    I'm not sure chatting could prevent an auto ban as a bot could easily do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    in 2008 i was killing mobs in the shadowmourne cave too fast. i got a 3 day ban. i appealed within 15 mins and was unbanned with an apology and explanation from the GM. his words were "the automated system sucks and does this all the time, sorry"

the automated system doesn't hook. it doesn't look for hooking either. it looks for repetition and nothing else. it's why a real bot with a random deviation or pause built in will never trigger it, hooking or not
    I didn't say it was perfect. I just said it covers a lot of ground.

And yes. It does. Considering that it's able to check memory and a number of other things.. it can definitely get hooking. Sometimes. Again, it's not perfect, and this stuff (on both sides) is being updated constantly.

Frankly I'd act like a bot in a sarcastic manner. someone whispers are u a bot?

reply "Wowglider: Auto response loading chuck norris joke 104, fuck off.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I have been banned numerous times, not for botting though I tend to have a foul mouth so it may be different for bots but usually I don't know I've been banned until I logoff for a while and then come back. I've never been in the middle of playing and gotten kicked off and banned.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself