Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I'm with Ace on this one; not just with anime, but with anything. I want to watch it in its native language with subtitles, because language is tricky to work with.

Japanese in particular doesn't always translate well, and often has different pacing. When its dubbed, not only do you have to deal with getting the company to find good voice actors (and often, I feel the dubbed voices are of objectively inferior quality), but the English has to be constrained or stretched to fit into the same time frames as the original japanese, which even if done perfectly can change how a scene flows.

Reading subtitles doesn't detract from the action, since they're typically short enough to require barely any attention, and I feel that's better than having the flow of a scene ruined by bad voice acting or by English that has to feel off just to get the timing right.
    You can't sit there and say dubs are "objectively inferior" to subs when your native language is (likely) English or, at the very least, not Japanese. It's obviously easier to criticize the intricacies of a dub when you're actually aware of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started watching the subbed version on Netflix. Gotta say, I'm really digging the style of this anime. Some obvious moments Hur Eren can become a Titan hur but overall enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Good, hopefully this means the series will be on DVD/Bluray soon. I'm getting sick of waiting.
    The date has been announced for a while. The first part comes out next month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this run of the mill schoolgirl/tentacle anime or the highbrow (sans tentacles), makes even less sense than normal, type anime?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Is this run of the mill schoolgirl/tentacle anime or the highbrow (sans tentacles), makes even less sense than normal, type anime?
    Its a pretty down to earth anime, dark and full of griddyness and despair. Don't get attached to characters. And no, it's people surviving against mindless (and not so mindless) Giants. It's a deeper plot to what I'm saying but yeah.

Pretty good voice acting.
    finally got around to watching the first ep today. looks like it'll be a interesting anime
    Glad i waited til it was dubbed, it turned out pretty good.

Manga is great and good at keeping my attention ^^ anime had nice action scenes but was kinda unhappy with some changes from said manga, but watched the dubbed out of curiosity and damn i wanted to tear my ears off, was so so bad. -.-