Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    Because that wasn't available when it became popular.
    Indeed it wasn't. Though, with the nerf of Pet battle XP, would demand a lot of patience too. Hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Chances are there has to be some adjustments to the Ironman ruleset with WoD, like allowing a green weapon or something, as they are removing ALL base damage/healing values on spells, so your damage in white/gray gear is going to drop even lower than it already is.

For melee/hunters it is slightly less of an issue as they still receive some weapon dps from white/grey items, but caster dps and healing specs will be stuck with 0 int and 0 spellpower, and with spells that scale ONLY from int and spellpower..
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

I might try a modified ironman where I stay in my guild

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Chances are there has to be some adjustments to the Ironman ruleset with WoD, like allowing a green weapon or something, as they are removing ALL base damage/healing values on spells, so your damage in white/gray gear is going to drop even lower than it already is.

For melee/hunters it is slightly less of an issue as they still receive some weapon dps from white/grey items, but caster dps and healing specs will be stuck with 0 int and 0 spellpower, and with spells that scale ONLY from int and spellpower..
    That's actually a bit of a misunderstanding. They've clarified their point on base damage / scaling. You still have base stats. A fresh character with no gear is not going to be doing 0 damage with their spells.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I might try a modified ironman where I stay in my guild

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually a bit of a misunderstanding. They've clarified their point on base damage / scaling. You still have base stats. A fresh character with no gear is not going to be doing 0 damage with their spells.

If I recall correctly the only thing we get to keep are some base Str/Agi/Int/Stam, but that's how it is right now as well. The big hit is for example if your prot warrior had Shield slam AP+2000 base damage, then it's going to be only AP for damage in WoD.

And casters with white gear rely massively on their base damage for Ironmanning, so chances are leveling any none-kiting caster is going to be near impossible without allowing some small source of xtra spellpower (at the very least it'll take forever to kill anything, providing you don't oom).
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Indeed it wasn't. Though, with the nerf of Pet battle XP, would demand a lot of patience too. Hehe.
    I do not know when the last time was that you did pet battles, but I grinded (ground?) from 88 to halfway into 89 solely with pet battles. I was getting about 80% of a quest turn per pet battle, and was completing each battle in about a 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, in an area where the pets were in such high density that I never had to move more than about 20 yards to initiate a fight. I figured if you were up for it, you could grind a single character level in about an hour and a half, and if you were leveling tradeable pets as well, you could net some serious cash out of it, for almost zero and safe effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I always followed every rule except the no grouping part. Playing a multiplayer game all by your self defeats the point of playing a multiplayer game. Being able to socialize is one of the must have reasons for playing WoW.
    Leveling with a spec is also part of WoW but the challenge insists that you don't. Why? Because it's a challenge. You grouped with someone to help you level so you did not complete the challenge. What part of this thread don't you understand? The point of the ironman challenge is for bragging rights to say that you followed every rule without dying. I guarantee you probably won't make it past level 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    I do not know when the last time was that you did pet battles, but I grinded (ground?) from 88 to halfway into 89 solely with pet battles. I was getting about 80% of a quest turn per pet battle, and was completing each battle in about a 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, in an area where the pets were in such high density that I never had to move more than about 20 yards to initiate a fight. I figured if you were up for it, you could grind a single character level in about an hour and a half, and if you were leveling tradeable pets as well, you could net some serious cash out of it, for almost zero and safe effort.
    Last I did pet battles was when you could go from 1 to 60 in 2 hours via pet battles.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Last I did pet battles was when you could go from 1 to 60 in 2 hours via pet battles.
    Then it was a good nerf. An hour and a half for the final level is a pretty reasonable time frame if you ask me, but I am getting off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex9080 View Post
    Leveling with a spec is also part of WoW but the challenge insists that you don't. Why? Because it's a challenge. You grouped with someone to help you level so you did not complete the challenge. What part of this thread don't you understand? The point of the ironman challenge is for bragging rights to say that you followed every rule without dying. I guarantee you probably won't make it past level 30.
    They are still a guideline, no one says you have to be following them 100%, and Valyrian has a point, you are in a multiplayer game, so why throw away the part making it multiplayer? He already stated earlier that he only group up with other people doing the same, so it wont change much anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    They are still a guideline, no one says you have to be following them 100%,
    You have to follow them 100% if you want to be able to say that you completed the ironman challenge.

Deleted
    hmm dont get me wrong but ... except for maybe pvp-servers, how should a zero-death-challenge be hard? i would have this achievement with almost all chars if it existed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    hmm dont get me wrong but ... except for maybe pvp-servers, how should a zero-death-challenge be hard? i would have this achievement with almost all chars if it existed
    That is why you have the long list of other requirements for you to say you completed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I always ironman challenge new chars now because qute simply, the default 2014 WoW leveling experience is unmeaningful. You have absolutely no idea hw good it feels to get a new char all the way from 1 to 90 ironman style. No heirlooms, no AH, no LFR, grouping only with felllow ironmen for leveling, etc. The no deaths part takes some adjustment, you need to stop rushing in and start strategizing each and every fight. I'm glad it will be even more challenging in WoD.
    It's not an ironman if you grouped up, just sayin. I also didn't see you mention no talents, specializations, or gear above whites. Which are also a part of it.

The challenge should be actually dying once on the way to 90. Ironman sounds really boring and sketchy unless you play a range.
    Stay salty my friends.

i thought the only green/blue/purple gear the ironman challenge people could use was from quests. i guess the changed it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i thought the only green/blue/purple gear the ironman challenge people could use was from quests. i guess the changed it.
    Been like that since the start of the challenge, only White and greys.