Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    For example, to run LFR you would post a 200 Valor bond. If you failed to complete the instance that you queued for, you would lose that 200 Valor. Otherwise, at the end of the instance, it would be returned to you, along with whatever rewards you had coming.
    The problem with that idea is that you get penalized if your group fail even if you are trying your hardest to clear the instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor4life View Post
    Several problems here. Firstly most people couldn't care less about valor points. Secondly what's to stop one faking a dc by alt-F4 or switching off the router or something along the lines?
    Well obviously nothing, and the only way to avoid that is to punish everyone who gets disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor4life View Post
    Several problems here. Firstly most people couldn't care less about valor points. Secondly what's to stop one faking a dc by alt-F4 or switching off the router or something along the lines?
    If you DC you don't get your bond back. So, try to stay connected.

If you don't have 200 valor you can't queue for LFR at all.

I still think punishing people is a terrible approach and the opposite of an effective one. You want results, you offer rewards. There should essentially be a "minor satchel" rewarded for clearing a wing of LFR for the first time each week and a substantial gold reward (~200-300 gold) for beating one after you're already capped/locked out. Make people want to stick around not because of fear or annoying but because they're earning something.

There's no way you are being serious. That was straight-up a red flag.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-04-13 at 08:39 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Another idea:
    Once you have killed all bosses in a wing, you get a bonus chance at loot from that wing

- - - Updated - - -

A solution for sitting HOURS because a tank left, then the other tank didn't want to wait, then the healers didn't want to wait, then the majority of DPS didn't want to wait.
    None of which is a problem early on in a tier's life and early in a week's reset. Do an LFR in the first couple of months on a Tuesday or Wednesday and you're unlikely to have an issue. Do that same LFR 6 months into its life on a weekend and you're going to see this. Face it, by now most people were doing LFR early on in SoO's life are either not doing LFR, unsubbed, or mostly geared and just after a couple of specific pieces. You're looking for a solution to a problem that's not, usually, a problem at all.

I could care less about people quitting in LFR, it usually refills pretty instantly. What I hate is people that join a flex through 'other raids' and quit after 1 wipe.

I leave mid-raid because I often get into groups who are mid-raid, so it's kind of a self-enforcing ripple really. I dont care much though, with the exception of tanks at random hours the raid gets filled quickly anyway.

When people hit enrage on iron Jugg at 40%, you cant seriously expect me to stay. Thats just...

ugh

If you don't have 200 valor you can't queue for LFR at all.
    This is comedy gold lmfao
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"