Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    Doesn't say it is illegal, just says "unsupported" sadly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doesn't say it is illegal, just says "unsupported" sadly.
    because its technically just gambling, which is allowed. however advertisement isnt, so hes not really allowed to spam it in yells, general, trade, etc

of course theres the risk of him being completely full of it, which is why its not something blizzard supports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by electthedead View Post
    Is this allowed? If so id like to take part in it no but really is it?
    Anything that doesn't involve money outside of the game is legal. So sell your heart out!

It sadly isn't against the rules, it is not counted as gambling as you skip in to buy the box with something in it. The seller doesn't promise you anything you might want. As I said earlier in the thread, it is in a loop hole.

- - - Updated - - -

Sold Darkmoon Rabbit 1 month ago (lvl 5) for 80.000 gold. Yeah... some servers has interesting pet battle economy.

- - - Updated - - -

That is how they do the loop. The describe what range of items can be in your box, and that is where the buyer pays in to hope to get that item.

Though, many has gotten enough kindness to not go lower than rare is they promise rare. Recall in Wrath, a guy was selling hundreds.. and most contained coal.. That is why many just puts them on ignore. It is a loop hole scam, just like there are some in real life.
    If they advertise that you can get specific good rewards from them it can be reported and has been banned for in the past. It's only if they aren't really saying any guarantees of any good items can they get away with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yes, i have like 550 unique pets, if i packaged them all up and sold them for 500 gold each you are more than likely going to get a random moth/frog than you are going to get my timeless isle pets(if they were trade able) 0o Who is to say the guy selling them just didn't package up lots and lots of moths? :S
    Not really since the vast majority of those 550 are world pets which can't be caged.

The ones you can cage would probably average out to at least a few hundred.

- - - Updated - - -

Sold Darkmoon Rabbit 1 month ago (lvl 5) for 80.000 gold. Yeah... some servers has interesting pet battle economy.
    That thing's a nightmare to get so makes sense. The level is kind of irrelevant seeing as the difficulty of obtaining it is the key issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

as someone who doesnt have a lot of gold, i wouldnt mind the chance to get rare pets for cheaper
    so yeah
    if anyone knows which server this is on, PM me plz

It's not against the rules, it's not really gambling.

Gambling would be charging people 15g to /roll, if they roll a 53 they get 1k gold.

Saying that you are selling present boxes is totally okay, because the other players are getting what they paid for, a box with a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call it "donations" in exchange for "surprise presents" and it's "legal".
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was having 0 luck with most ToT pets, but I got Son of Animus almost 50% of the time, so i'd quickly level it up to 25 and sell for 25-30K and use that gold to buy the ones I don't have. For those, I wouldn't put in gift boxes, you'd never make the gold from one pure sell. Smaller stuff like Sentries, the raptors, etc why not.