Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by odylong View Post
    As the title says : It sucks , I'm a late bloomer ... puberty started really late with me and it made me feel very unsecure as I was always the smallest one , the one without gf , behind on my friends...still not having a decent beard...blablabla

i've come to accept it, now that I'm almost 19

Just wanted to make a post for all those with the same annoyance

What about you guys ?
    The teengirls that put out are usually the ones that think beards are a sign of proper hygiene and grooming.
    Ur better off without

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I was an early bloomer, which kinda sucked. 10 years old, 4'11", which was about the same as my other classmates. Turned 11, hit puberty, and I grow a foot in a year. Started shaving at 12, but was getting the hair before then. Never had a shaky voice, I went from sounding like a girl to sounding like a mix between Barry White and Ben Stein. Haven't grown an inch since 11 years old, and am almost 33 now.

Being a late bloomer sucks, I know. Had a few friends in high school that were late bloomers. But being an early bloomer sucks too. I went from being one of the tallest people in my class to one of the shorter ones. I do love my wondrous beard, though. Bullshit that most employers force you to shave it and look like a 10 year old again (take a gander at my sig to understand what I mean).
    I look at it as a good thing. When I shave I look a lot younger as well. Though even when I don't shave I still look young. Good genes though. I say milk it for as long as you can. It's better to look younger for your age than look older.

Deleted
    Reading this makes me kinda scared I really want a beard later ... My dad has an awesome beard tho , so I got them genes going for me I guess...
    My father also got a full thick beard, he says he didn't have any, until all of a sudden, BAM full beard.
    So I'm hoping the same ;p
    Also I got no neckbeard and signs of hair coming on my cheeks yeee

anyone who wants a beard, can have mine. it sucks to shave every few days...
    I'm just looking better without any facial hair.

I was kinda a late bloomer. got around 19/20 my final height: ~1.70 meters.
    was kinda naive and had the still the thinking of a kid until 17/18.
    only thing that started early was my facial hair (had to start shaving with 15 T_T)

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    anyone who wants a beard, can have mine. it sucks to shave every few days...
    I'm just looking better without any facial hair.

I was kinda a late bloomer. got around 19/20 my final height: ~1.70 meters.
    was kinda naive and had the still the thinking of a kid until 17/18.
    only thing that started early was my facial hair (had to start shaving with 15 T_T)
    Is 15 considered early ? Had my mustache at 11 and I'm not from... a hairy ethnicity so to say (arab).
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I started having to shave at 14. It was honestly a pain in the arse. The only reason I have facial hair now is because most of the time I just can't be bothered to deal shaving, that and the extreme baby face that appears when I'm clean shaven.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

10+ Year Old Account
    22 my thing is rather small and I want a mustache but hair just doesn't grow there for some reason.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

You want facial hair ? Are you crazy ?
    I have to shave 2 times a day, because if I shave in the morning at 6:00, by 18:00 it's grown again and I often go to bars after work.
    I also shave my chest hair at least once every 2 weeks, because if I don't shave it, it gets 2 times longer than the rest of my body hair and it looks ridiculous.
    I went camping for a week in a mountain a year ago, and when I got back I looked like a freaking monkey...
    Last edited by haxartus; 2014-04-13 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    It sucks untill you realize that when you're 30+ you will look relativly young compared to your friends who 'bloomed' earlier in their lives.

And like many before me stated: beards are overrated, don't make the mistake of carrying one, it will make you ugly. Only when you are sure you can grow a full beared, you may experience with facial hair, make sure its well trimmed tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most teenage boys I've seen with facial hair looks repulsing on SO many levels.

It's that like, fluffy type of hair, not beard hair, so it just looks train wreck awful, but at the same time you just can't stop looking at it cause it's so bad.

Until you're super duper confident that the facial hair you're growing is proper beard material, keep that shit shaven! I can't speak for the ladies, but when I'm admiring a man face, I'd much rather see cleanly shaven than pubescent bum-fluff ANY day. *Shudder* I cringe just thinking about it D:

Also, with the looking younger than you actually are thing, I'm 20 in August and people are always like "Oh so you're doing your GCSE's or is it your A levels right about now then?" IM like noooooo. I'll be doing my final year in Uni this year. Bad times. But I like looking younger, cause I know that hopefully I won't look like a sack of shit by the time i reach 40, like some unfortunate gents.

Yay with the late bloomers!

Lets spin some positives into this.....as i was a late bloomer, looked like i was 11 thru most of high school...hit puberty at 17.

Im 40 now and people think i look 30, so looking younger longer is a plus.

Its been stated; shaving blows. I didnt have to start shaving daily til i got into my early 30's, and boy do i miss those days!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit puberty earlier than anyone else in my class and hated it. I was able to grow a beard at 12-13 and already had chest hair growing. I would and still would have loved for it to come later... I was also one of if not the tallest people in my class all the way through school. They kept trying to tell me I was going to play sports and be good at it but I hate sports with a passion.

My beard has never looked "fluffy" either. It grew in large and thick. People have always assumed that I was 4-8 years older than I actually am.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2014-04-13 at 11:12 PM.

You know what is even more terrible? Working as a cashier and constantly having people ask "if you shouldn't be at school" while you're in your 20's.

I had a full goatee when I was 17 and I'm not content with my lady situation. Beards aren't what get women, confidence is. I'm just trying to come by a girl I actually like.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the title says : It sucks , I'm a late bloomer ... puberty started really late with me and it made me feel very unsecure as I was always the smallest one , the one without gf , behind on my friends...still not having a decent beard...blablabla

What about you guys ?
    The beard..... You can trust me on that one.... And you will likely not find anyone who is beyond 30 or 40 telling you otherwise..
    Be happy about that part... It will eventually come, and the less there comes the more of a blessing it is.
    All guys that are "blessed" with lots and fast hair growth are effectively doomed. More sweating, more shaving and that's not really fun at some point anymore.
    Anything else will come too over time. 20 yrs down the road you've forgotten it.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-04-13 at 11:29 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    It sucks untill you realize that when you're 30+ you will look relativly young compared to your friends who 'bloomed' earlier in their lives.

And like many before me stated: beards are overrated, don't make the mistake of carrying one, it will make you ugly. Only when you are sure you can grow a full beared, you may experience with facial hair, make sure its well trimmed tough.
    I don't get it... are you saying beards or bad... unless you can grow a proper one?
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

You guys who take a while to mature will be counting your blessings when you're in your 40's and look like you're mid 20's and all your peers have bald heads, pot bellies, and gray hair.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    You guys who take a while to mature will be counting your blessings when you're in your 40's and look like you're mid 20's and all your peers have bald heads, pot bellies, and gray hair.
    I don't know where you're getting that from? Those things have nothing to do with maturing late or early.

10+ Year Old Account

What about you guys ?
    Being a slower one sucks (I was too), but this shall pass at some point.

I was SO slow with the growing. Maybe as a girl it wasn't quite as big of a deal, but no kid wants to be one of the shortest ones (and potential target..), and I always was! :\ I was so slow the doctor didn't think I'd make it much past 5 foot. (Or whatever the measurement equivalent is for other countries.) In time though I caught up a bit, finally noticed at some point in high school that I was taller than some(!!!) and stopped at average height. (Hah, take that, doctor.)

Long ago a good friend of mine, who I've known since age 10, used to be practically a foot taller than I was (though that may be slightly exaggerated by my mother). Guess who's the taller one now though. Friend stayed shorter than average height by a few inches.

As a girl there were of course other growing up things that lagged behind a bit... Especially the noticeable potion which was hard to deal with in terms of other girls who looked to target others for torment. Can't say I ever got a lot, but back then I'd have given anything for what I do have now, so I guess I'm ok with it. lol

Tell you what though, while some girls who had some really fast periods of growth ended up with stretch marks, I can gladly say as an adult... "Really? What's a stretch mark?" because my body knows no such thing.

As I said though, it will pass. Give it some years and you'll be half way through your 20s (which tend to go twice as fast as the teen years were slow) and it will be old news.

Edit: Recalling now, I remember a boy I was in high school with. Nice kid, he was always on the smaller, thin side throughout high school. A brother of my friend from above still knows him and I saw a photo of him once... I was quite surprised, I would NOT have thought he was even the same person if I wasn't told it was him. Don't think he got super tall, but at least average. Filled out quite a bit, no longer some skinny little kid from back then, and think he went on to become a police officer. The teen years may be about growing up, but the young adult years finish it up to what it's supposed to be.

Edit more... Yeah, and what's been said of still looking younger when you're older, as far as my case goes I find it to be true for me. By now I find it amusing that people often guess me younger and then look at me surprised when I tell them the real number.

Currently they still think I'm in the later half of 20s despite the fact that I'll technically be (gulp) 35 next week.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-04-14 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    what are you talking about..... that has nothing to do with hitting puberty late..... if your bald your bald. you can hit puberty early or late and be bald by 25. its genetics. pot bellies is your diet and gray hair is a fact of life.... damn man......