Legendary Cloak question

trying to go from casual to hardcore PvP'er....is it worth it to get the Legendary Cloak if I plan to only PvP on my Mage? It doesn't have PvP power so I wasn't sure.

thanks

Doesn't proc in PvP, so no.

Unless it's for world pvp, in which case highest item level in the game is a no-brain cashgrabber.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the fastest way to get valor for the 3k valor requirement?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I was stockpiling valor for the eventual 3k valor part and I found out the valor only counts after acquiring the quest.. ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Doesn't proc in PvP, so no.

Unless it's for world pvp, in which case highest item level in the game is a no-brain cashgrabber.

I plan on doing World PvP as well as RBG's and Arena teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas94 View Post
    I was stockpiling valor for the eventual 3k valor part and I found out the valor only counts after acquiring the quest.. ;-;

ah well thanks because I was gonna stockpile the valor as well lol

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What is the fastest way to get valor for the 3k valor requirement?

Get a group and run 10 heroic scenarios. You get 70 per run + an extra 30 if you do the bonus timed part. 98% of the time you get the bonus so getting capped takes under an hour. You also get a good bit of gold and justice points in the process.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i believe that it does not proc in instanced pvp and i also think the ilvl is turned down in instanced pvp.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i believe that it does not proc in instanced pvp and i also think the ilvl is turned down in instanced pvp.
    That sounds kinda retarded if it doesn't proc in pvp, considering they require you to sit you through aggravating experience of 2 battlegrounds minimum to even get the damn thing

The DPS ones don't proc on players at all, even out in the world.

With that in mind, if all you're going to do is PvP, it's not really worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    That sounds kinda retarded if it doesn't proc in pvp, considering they require you to sit you through aggravating experience of 2 battlegrounds minimum to even get the damn thing
    The meta gem doesn't, either. They would be seriously broken if they could proc in PvP. See: Shadowmourne, Dragonswrath, and Fangs of the Father.
    Last edited by Sannybear; 2014-04-14 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    Well it is meant to be an item to help cleanse Pandaria of the Shas. Have you not been paying attention to the story? The PvP component is very specific to the story; you are fighting battles for a greater purpose, not to get a PvP rating.

as stated above neither the cloak, nor the meta work against players in pvp. also, in bgs and arenas the ilevel and stats are down tuned below prideful pvp gear, at its highest it will be brought to 540ilevel, prideful is 550 with pvp power so much more powerful.

if you're only gonna pvp, don't waste your time with the legendary, or only do it at your leisure, its quite a painful grind doing all those lfrs if you never did it with your guild raiding long long ago.
    Last edited by damescool; 2014-04-15 at 05:02 PM.

That is what I understood as well, it does proc but the ilvl was reduced to the max level of PVP gear while in a BG or Arena guess not but need 6 more rune stones to test it out for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slakebloodscalp View Post
    the quest is fun lol
    It is a nightmare if you have to do it via LFR especially now in the era of the insta-90.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2014-04-15 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    as stated above neither the cloak, nor the meta work against players in pvp. also, in bgs and arenas the ilevel and stats are down tuned below prideful pvp gear, at its highest it will be brought to 540ilevel, prideful is 550 with pvp power so much more powerful.
    When it scales to 540 (+ gem slot), it will be about the same as a prideful cape. It was the same at the end of last season.

It looks cool and only good for WPvP