Poll: Beard, Yay or Nay

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Simple Question, Beards, YaY or Nay

Feel free to elaborate with your responses such as why you feel the way you do about beards.

For me, I love my beard, I think it looks good on me. And I think as long as the beard is well kept and maintained, beards are great, unless your profession is not beard friendly such as Firefighters, or Chefs(i hate getting hair in my food).
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beards look good on some people, not good on others. And it depends on how well you maintain it, too.

Deleted
    Depends on the person, A thin straggly beard or a hobo beard never looks good, a well trimmed beard can look good though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Depends on the person, A thin straggly beard or a hobo beard never looks good, a well trimmed beard can look good though.
    This!

I can grow a pretty decent mustache/ chin but cheeks are my weak point, i'm young though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Beards look good on some people, not good on others. And it depends on how well you maintain it, too.
    This pretty much. Some people just shouldn't have facial hair, other people it seems like they are destined to have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    It's not a case of Yay or Nay - they can be good, they can be bad, it all depends on the person and the type of beard.

That being said though, when beards are good, they're decent. But when they're bad, they're absolutely hideous, so on balance...if I had to choose, I go for 'Nay'.

This is entirely my opinion though - people may think they look amazing when done well.

Beards are only good on Santa.

Deleted
    Depends on the person. Some people look awesome in beard and some just look ridiculous.

I'm biased here, but I say yay depending on how you look. And the only way to find out is to start one up.

And be patient. You're (well not you in particular, OP, since you stated you already have one) going to go from stubble, to small beard, to "OMG my face is itchy and I look homeless" scraggly beard, to bearded epicness the first time around (if you can grow a beard at all that is). It was so hard for me to push through that scraggly phase when I decided to grow mine.

Oh and as for chefs not having beards, I think you'll get a kick out of this. Yes, I've had to wear something like this before at an old job. It's silly but it works!

http://www.grainger.com/product/CELL...j23?s_pp=false

There you go, Scrapbot. Is my Signature small enough now? Will you finally shut up, you automated pretentious &##(@)!?

Deleted

Obviously yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want a beard. Well, I couldn't. So it doesn't really matter. But I think beards on guys who actually can grow facial hair can look great.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

Obviously yay.
    I am sharing this with everyone I know, epic!

There you go, Scrapbot. Is my Signature small enough now? Will you finally shut up, you automated pretentious &##(@)!?

In a area of the world where it gets well into the bellow freezing mark in the winter, having a beard is the greatest thing ever. In the summer its nice to shave it off though to help keep cooler.

Fashion wise, like most others said it really depends on the person. Some people can grow a nice full beard, while others only ever get in patchy scraggly looking things.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beard for me, because clean-shaven just doesn't work with how fast my facial hair grows. I get a 5 o'clock shadow by noon.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Trimmed is what I find the most appealing. Shaved is good too, especially if you can notice a little of the little hairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get carded for rated r movies when I'm cleanshaven so I always run with something. That and glasses require accompanying facial hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the person but I like my beard.

Beards look good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, depends on the person, as so many befor me have stated, I myself like my facial hair
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have had mine for so long now, for someone to ask me to shave it off would be like someone asking you to shave off your eyebrows. It is as much a part of me as the hair on my head is. I have known some who look a lot better with a bread than without one and some who look bad with one. Depends I guess on how it is kept and the shape of the person's face.