Thread: Firelands solo

Firelands solo

After reading about stuff to solo because I am bored and can't get in to a raiding guild on my server, I went looking for mounts, no luck in BC raids/heroics.
    I finally had the WOTLK pvp raid drop me a mammoth, headed to firelands and ran in to some trouble lol

I two shot the spider in blood spec, 3 shot on Shannox and then got my butt handed to me by Baleroc.

I know I am not 575 or super geared, i watched a video of a blood dk with 670k hp soloing him.

I am 540 something in tank spec and 870k hp.

I guess i need higher IL?

Deadpetro/simple < armory

In the future use the DK solo thread. Tons of information in there + people that can help.

As for Baelroc it depends mostly on how good your avoidance is during Decimation Blade and how many times he decides to use it in a row. You can survive 3 back to back I believe but that's pushing it with cds.

Failing that you can go get the Imprinted buff from the Alysrazor trash assuming that bug still works.

Here's a video of Mionelol's kill of heroic Baleroc. Gear level of around 537 at the time. As encouragement. :P

Main thing with Baleroc is RNG- Decimation Blade, does 90% of health per hit, uses 2 of them per Decimation blade, ignores most cooldowns. (only AMS will reduce the damage).

A DK, with AMS and good usage of healing abilities, can survive a double-hit decimation blade, but your timing has to be in the mili-seconds. Otherwise, its all up to RNG whether or not you survive decimation blades, and theres also the matter of beatin his berserk.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    In the future use the DK solo thread. Tons of information in there + people that can help.

As for Baelroc it depends mostly on how good your avoidance is during Decimation Blade and how many times he decides to use it in a row. You can survive 3 back to back I believe but that's pushing it with cds.

Failing that you can go get the Imprinted buff from the Alysrazor trash assuming that bug still works.
    Sorry, I should have searched first, I did Google.

I did get AMS on the first one and went splat on the 2nd.

I will try the fire bird next and go look at the solo thread.

Merci!

AMS the first blade, there is a 1s second window after the debuff expires during which you can lichborne or deathpact to get back up to 90%+. Alternatively you can AMS the second blade instead, and potentially save cooldowns if you parried the first one.

If he uses decim blade 3 times in a row (as in, he chooses that weapon instead of inferno blade 3 times in a row, not 3 melee hits) then you have no cooldowns and will just die if he connects with both attacks. you can always try to kite with rocket boots or something but it's not super reliable.

Also, DRW for additional parry
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK solo Karazhan, 60 Pala solo MC.

Please use this thread in the future:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...olo-Thread-3-0