Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In my opinion the larger problem is with the overall lack of talents that have a meaningful impact on our damage or playstyle rather than t75 specifically.

Other individual talents fit that description too, but only the rune regen tier has all three talents that don't impact damage or playstyle. That's the main reason why it's terrible. It really doesn't matter which you pick, you're choosing between three essentially passive abilities that don't offer varying performance.

I mean, SSHA is right, they are balanced. So at least there's that. If only they played differently or mattered. At all.

When they remove existing things from classes and add them as "new talents" it really pisses me off.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    What, people actually macro BT?

That's disgusting, it's really not hard to control it manually, and it's the best option in the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    it's really not hard to control it manually
    Not macroing BT and gaining dps from it is probably a lot harder than you think.

It's definitely not for everyone, and macrod blood tap is still better than the other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    That's disgusting, it's really not hard to control it manually, and it's the best option in the tier.
    See, this completely wrong post is yet another reason why the rune regen tier is terrible. It's mathy and unintuitive. It doesn't work out the way you logically expect it to, much like another infamous DK mechanic, the completely ignorable Killing Machine.

People come in from a laughably incorrect elitist stance saying that macroing BT is for loser nubs when in fact it is the correct option for pretty much everybody.

Also most people still don't understand how RC works with haste.

To be fair blizzard haven't exactly made what haste does to RC obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    To be fair blizzard haven't exactly made what haste does to RC obvious.
    Yes, that is exactly my point.

Mathy and unintuitive. Doesn't work like you'd expect it to.

I think they should fix the tooltip first, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post
    Yeah, let me hold up my raid to pop open a Death Gate to change my rune tier pick. And not to mention the confusion for DW players.

Runeforges are fine as they are. The rune tier is fine as it is; there is no consensus on what to baseline because either a) people strongly prefer only a single option, or b) people enjoy (and deem necessary, since many alternatives are being introduced that still allow you to pick) the ability to switch between options.

I simply cannot understand why people think this tier is bad other than the fact that it exists as a tier. Numerically it is without a doubt the most closely balanced tier in the game that affects your DPS.

I agree. You can easily make one presence the "AoE" presence, and one the "ST" presence, but to make them equal in all/most scenarios is not feasible without very lengthy and complicated tooltips.

The reason? The inequality in the value of runes and RP for each of the (sub-)specs.

Not to mention, since you all seem to have a severe hostility toward the rune tier (because all options lead to roughly the same DPS), why should I assume that you will have a different response with presences if they are equally numerically balanced? Thus, from a developer's standpoint, why should I even bother to remove my primary spec-tuning knobs to replace them with an option that limits my flexibility even more?
    Well, if you've arrived to your raid without applying your runeforge / rune regen choice - you're doing it wrong!
    Second, even if you forgot, having to go to acherus for a wopping 2 minutes is not a deal breaker. If you're raid is that impatient, they're doing it wrong!

As well, I suggested previously that if BT / RE / BC were to be made into secondary runeforges - then perhaps it would be best to not require to be near a runeforge to apply them (See previous post).

Also your gripe about BT / RE / RC being as a secondary runeforge being a problem for DW is a non issue - simply only allow these enchants to be applied to the mainhand weapon.

This row of talents is a disgrace. Why? Because in cata we have BT (albeit, a slightly different form of it) AND RC / RE depending on spec. Now we have to pick ONE of the two we already had. It's not new, it's not innovative, it's not fun (biggest issue), further, it's a waste of what could be 3 awesome talents.

I agree with allowing a choice (now that Blizz opened this can of worms to the playerbase in MoP) - yet I don't want Blizz to think these are good talents. They're not.

4.x and earlier Blood Tap worked nothing like the current one. It was a 1m cooldown that did a tiny bit of damage to the DK, generated 10 runic power (undocumented, and fixed sometime in Cataclysm), and converted a Blood rune into a Death rune.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-04-18 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    4.x and earlier Blood Tap worked nothing like the current one. It was a 1m cooldown that did a tiny bit of damage to the DK, generated 10 runic power (undocumented, and fixed sometime in Cataclysm), and converted a Blood rune into a Death rune.
    That's correct. + Rp, and there was no building of charges, yet, it was still an on-demand instant Death Rune. As for the damage dealt to the DK, there was a minor glyph that removed that.

Hah, yeah. Tiny amount of damage, but it killed me on Chimaeron once.

Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    I think they should fix the tooltip first, lol.
    "Runic Corruption causes faster rune regeneration every now and then, for a bit. It generates about as many runes as any other choice. The way it works with haste is, like, crazy-complex and mathy, so just know this: it has the same value as the other choices, no matter how much, or how little haste you have."

-- you're welcome, blizzard.

From what I've gathered in this thread, the consensus is that these talents need to go and be replaced with new ones. Though most of this thread was discussing RT, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that this row adds zero gameplay and is a passive choice that at the end of the day doesn't matter.

You really don't speak for everyone.

Actually no they dont need to go.
    Even in this thread you can see that ppl use and enjoy different talents.
    And since the dps difference between them is so small its actually a choice of what you enjoy.

I have at one point or another used all of them and like the difference they offer.
    The only situation where one is clearly superior to others is pvp because BT refund a death rune.

I really dont understand why ppl have this obsession with removing them.
    Just pick the one you like and roll with it.
    And if you get bored and want to mix things up switch to another for quite a different gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villetia View Post
    Actually no they dont need to go.
    Even in this thread you can see that ppl use and enjoy different talents.
    And since the dps difference between them is so small its actually a choice of what you enjoy.

I have at one point or another used all of them and like the difference they offer.
    The only situation where one is clearly superior to others is pvp because BT refund a death rune.

I really dont understand why ppl have this obsession with removing them.
    Just pick the one you like and roll with it.
    And if you get bored and want to mix things up switch to another for quite a different gameplay.
    There's not that much gameplay difference between the Rune ones. Blood tap is different only. Though so far two people here(Me and someone else) suggested BT become baseline but that's just my opinion. The thing about the Runic corruption and the(Rune regen speed one) aren't that much different.

It's what's the word.....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's not that much gameplay difference between the Rune ones. Blood tap is different only. Though so far two people here(Me and someone else) suggested BT become baseline but that's just my opinion. The thing about the Runic corruption and the(Rune regen speed one) aren't that much different.
    RE drives your rotation via RE gaming. Single rune return.
    RC is passive and does not affect how the player plays. Neutral rune return.
    BT is manual control of resources (ideally; macro-ed it is passive). Flexible, single rune return.

The rotations are absolutely affected by the talent choices. It's not like they're going to make it so that if you pick RE, your rotation is completely different than if you had chosen RC to result in a completely different feel; that's nonsense.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Quote Originally Posted by Villetia View Post
    since they're inconsequential they should be removed. or moved into one talent like mage bombs are.
    I really can't think of another class that had core mechanics removed to make a talent tier