Ultra mega nub here, and need some advice...

The first question I have is reaper of souls a continuation of Diablo three characters. In other words. Should I play diablo three first? Also is the whole auction house going away? I assumed it was just the ability to use real money. One more not so specific question. Are there any general tips that I should just know when I play the game. So that later down the line with a leveled character. I won't regret not doing, or missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you will have to play though the original Diablo III stuff to get to the Reaper of Souls stuff, so you don’t really have a choice as far as I know. The entire auction house is gone. Skills and abilities aren't permanently selected, so you don't really have to be careful which you choose as you can change them as you play at no cost. There really isn't any choice that you could make and screw up that you would regret later unless you choose a class you don't like (in which case you can just level another one).

EDIT: On second thought, there is a choice you could make and regret once you get a few levels and die your first time. Do not start out on hardcore mode unless you want your characters to be gone permanently (lose all items and progress on them) when they die.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2014-04-14 at 03:20 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    I think you will have to play though the original Diablo III stuff to get to the Reaper of Souls stuff, so you don’t really have a choice as far as I know. The entire auction house is gone. Skills and abilities aren't permanently selected, so you don't really have to be careful which you choose as you can change them as you play at no cost. There really isn't any choice that you could make and screw up that you would regret later unless you choose a class you don't like (in which case you can just level another one).
    Ok good to know. So I guess the entire experience is fairly linear. Not that I mind that. Is there anyway to keybinding the main abilities to something other than mouse click? I would very much like to spam different keys.

-RoS happens after D3 so unless you already beat D3's campaign you have to do it all anyway.
    -Difficulty is now something you can change at any time - so you can do it all on easymode and see the story, or make it harder and get more loot and levels. If you hit a brick wall you can just tone down difficulty to get through then put it back up. What difficulty you use will determine how high level you are by the end of the campaign - if you're not max level you can just replay parts of the game or do adventure mode etc to finish levelling (not sure what level AM unlocks).
    -AHs are gone. Best gear is BoA now, so you can't trade it (I think).
    -Can't really miss anything in D3, any time you want you can go back to any area and get stuff that you're interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Ok good to know. So I guess the entire experience is fairly linear. Not that I mind that. Is there anyway to keybinding the main abilities to something other than mouse click? I would very much like to spam different keys.
    Yeah, it is linear. There are little side quests and side areas that you explore if you want to or not if you don't want to, but they have no real impact on how the game progresses or the story.

I don't think so, but I haven't played for quite some time so they may have changed that. I think the main abilities are still mouse only though with the rest being applied to number keys.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Thanks both of you.

Your main abilities are 1-5 and mouse left / right, I think you can remap em all? Haven't tried remapping mouse buttons.

You can always just reassign the abilities you want to the number keys instead of the mouse buttons.

It's sort of linear sort of not... the campaign story is linear but once you beat it you can do whatever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The first question I have is reaper of souls a continuation of Diablo three characters. In other words. Should I play diablo three first? Also is the whole auction house going away? I assumed it was just the ability to use real money. One more not so specific question. Are there any general tips that I should just know when I play the game. So that later down the line with a leveled character. I won't regret not doing, or missing.
    Find elective mode in the options, you can thank me later.

It will be useless for the first levels, but later it is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The setting in options that gives you more info on abilities and items is worth a lot. It will give you a better idea of how much damage you deal etc.

Also: I see no reason to just start on hard (if you are allowed without first conquering normal), cause the loot and exp is just so much better, and hard isn't really hard at all.

Left click = Move/Primary attack/Interact with object.
    Right click = Secondary attack

These can not be rebound.

Action bar skills are bound to 1 - 4 but they can be rebound.

Holding shift means you will always attack without moving.
    There is an option to bind "Force Move", this is very handy when wanting to get past monsters (as clicking on them will attack). I have it set to space.