Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

WoD is adding a SEF UI Element!!!

Due to a comment in the main WW monk thread, I asked Celestalon if they are adding a UI element for SEF in WoD. His reply:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...65523422437376

Try it out in 6.0, and let me know if you need any further improvements like that.

What's SEF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Let's wait for it , btw i wrote the guy like 9000 tweets , he hasn't replied a single one lel

Has this been a problem so far? I thought everyone was using some kind of WA or Addon to track it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if they'll add a UI element for Anticipation charges then. Or will addons still be required there as well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bounstar View Post
    Has this been a problem so far? I thought everyone was using some kind of WA or Addon to track it.
    It was a problem when SEF was first implemented. Almost required either a mod or weak aura just to keep track. By adding a UI built in, people can now use either that or keep using the WA or mod. The nice thing though is that since Blizzard is adding in the feature, the mod community can expand upon what the UI elements are providing directly instead of doing back-coding to get which add is attacking what. This should speed up the performace of the mod in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    It was a problem when SEF was first implemented. Almost required either a mod or weak aura just to keep track. By adding a UI built in, people can now use either that or keep using the WA or mod. The nice thing though is that since Blizzard is adding in the feature, the mod community can expand upon what the UI elements are providing directly instead of doing back-coding to get which add is attacking what. This should speed up the performace of the mod in general.
    Now that I think about it the addon was using external targeting to monitor the health of cloned mobs. In that sense I can see the benefit, I just don't think I'll be using the Blizzard implementation of it (even if it's just out of habit).

Deleted
    I don't think this means you're getting a UI element, they've made other changes to SEF haven't they? I think he means try those changes, then let them know if you need any further improvements like that.

Thought it was some cool word for customizable UI, guess it's too much to ask for the biggest MMO ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I don't think this means you're getting a UI element, they've made other changes to SEF haven't they? I think he means try those changes, then let them know if you need any further improvements like that.
    This. You're reading into what he said far too much if you're making the conclusion that they're putting in a UI element specifically for SEF.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Thought it was some cool word for customizable UI, guess it's too much to ask for the biggest MMO ever.
    The User Interface is easily customised. You could write an Addon yourself if you wanted to do a lot more customisation.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    The User Interface is easily customised. You could write an Addon yourself if you wanted to do a lot more customisation.
    Everyone agrees it's easy but still Blizzard won't let us do it without addons. Installing addons might be obvious to us veterans but it's definitely not for new players. Having to look up hit rating on the internet? Bad and fixed. Having to look up addons? ... Working as intended?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Everyone agrees it's easy but still Blizzard won't let us do it without addons. Installing addons might be obvious to us veterans but it's definitely not for new players. Having to look up hit rating on the internet? Bad and fixed. Having to look up addons? ... Working as intended?
    Yes, I'd argue it is working as intended. There is an amount of customisation you can do with the default frames that lets you make a difference in how your U.I. works, but Addons are probably the best way to go about allowing customiation. Players can create or download addons that are specifically suited to their needs, and Blizzard doesn't need to worry too much about supporting a ton of in-game customisation features.

You compare Hit Rating to U.I. Customisation. That's just wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    The ONLY changes to SEF they have done in terms of UI has been the buff in the top-right corner that says you have SEF's out. That makes it frustrating for new players trying to understand the spell. You get lost on which adds you placed your spirits onto. Currently the only way to track stuff is by using the combat log and mob id's.

Deleted
    The ONLY changes to SEF they have done in terms of UI has been the buff in the top-right corner that says you have SEF's out. That makes it frustrating for new players trying to understand the spell. You get lost on which adds you placed your spirits onto. Currently the only way to track stuff is by using the combat log and mob id's.
    It doesn't cost energy or a GCD now either

At least that's what I've been hearing
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2014-04-14 at 04:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't cost energy or a GCD now either

At least that's what I've been hearing
    In WoD yea. In MoP, not much change.

This should be pretty great for those that prefer little to no addons. For those who skin the whole UI, nothing will change. It will most likely be just a couple of pet frames with a target attached.

10+ Year Old Account
    @CT is referring to the earlier Tweet asking if mobs would show a debuff indicating your SEF is on them, which he said they would get added in 6.0.

That is what he wants you to try, before they make further UI changes.

I agree that you're very likely misinterpreting his reply to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    God, I wish I could justify making this thread into a sticky.

You have no idea how happy I am.