Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I'm just not seeing it tbh, even in the example deck you only have the possibility of forcing 10 cards under perfect circumstances into their hand [not all of which come from their deck]. Even non-aggressive decks could have secured a win-condition before you get that, the first fatigue would happen at turn 17 if you draw perfection? So that's 17 turns for one damage while a lot of classes can have you dead before turn 5 unless you Godhand the perfect counter.

Even in MTG/MMDoC mill decks need more hand destruction/board control/choking to be effective and they are still generally less desired because when they go wrong the strategy completely crumbles into nothing.

I just think there are way too many extras you'd need to make milling a realistic possibility and I personally think they'll never make their way into hearthstone because that kind of intricate play isn't where hearthstone is pitched.
    One of the nice parts of the mill deck in it's current form is the opponent tends to help you without knowing it. Shaman drops mana tide and they are working against themselves.

I'm not saying this is going to be the wave of the future top tier deck but I do see it as something fun that will come along with a few new cards. The dancing rune weapon being a staple if you are going to try and build it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Why is it people believe no one can have fun against different decks?

Two of my favorite games of all time in magic were against a stasis deck and a BR land destruction deck in mercadian masques extended.

Please don't assume everyone is like you. You'd be wrong.

However, I agree that blizzard has quite clearly stated that they do not intend to have any out-of-the-ordinary decks being remotely competitive. I don't, however, agree that such a thing is to the benefit of the players or the long-term longevity of the game.
    Exactly my point on the fun factor, but honestly in CCG's what the company intends and what pans out doesn't always work out. Do you really think the first iterations of miracle rogue were thought about? It was too powerful at the time but if it wasn't OP'd I think blizzard would have broken it.

One of my favorite MtG decks of all time was the Astral Slide deck. It was something no one really saw coming and went on to win the Nationals. People get creative and I don't think Blizzard is going to break 'unintended' decks unless they are broken.
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    If the deck works right you are being millled. It makes you reach the hand limit and your cards go directly into the graveyard. Although thank you for quoting me where I say the origins of the term 'milling' and then proceed to tell me the origins of the term milling.
    Milling doesn't exist in HS.

At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Why is it people believe no one can have fun against different decks?

Two of my favorite games of all time in magic were against a stasis deck and a BR land destruction deck in mercadian masques extended.

Please don't assume everyone is like you. You'd be wrong.

However, I agree that blizzard has quite clearly stated that they do not intend to have any out-of-the-ordinary decks being remotely competitive. I don't, however, agree that such a thing is to the benefit of the players or the long-term longevity of the game.

You completely missed the point in your quest to be a forum hero. Yes, one in 10,000 people would have a great time getting milled to death, and that person's mental health is highly questionable. But the other 9,999 normal people wouldn't find it much of a good time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    The logic behind this deck is so flawed that if you win by using it's jut pure luck of yours combined with really bad luck for your opponent.
    The logic with most gimmick decks is flawed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post

At all.
    Except rogues that make you overfill your hand with that murlock that draws 2 cards for both player+brewmasters and then sap/vanish your minions into oblivion.

Except rogues that make you overfill your hand with that murlock that draws 2 cards for both player+brewmasters and then sap/vanish your minions into oblivion.
    Please explain to me how that's 'milling.' Like I said, come up with a new term for it.

At all.
    Well, my priest deck was unintentionally a milling deck (before MC nerf). I got over 50% wins with milling.

Well, my priest deck was unintentionally a milling deck (before MC nerf). I got over 50% wins with milling.
    Clearly you don't understand what milling actually is.

Unfortunately for you, it's a milling deck. The concept is the same and we're not making a new term for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    You completely missed the point in your quest to be a forum hero. Yes, one in 10,000 people would have a great time getting milled to death, and that person's mental health is highly questionable. But the other 9,999 normal people wouldn't find it much of a good time.
    Most people don't like losing in general. It's fun as hell to play. You need a great level of control and playing your cards correctly.

Settle down, Captain Semantics. Clearly, you refuse to accept or understand that the word "milling" has evolved to mean more than just putting cards from their deck into their graveyards. It doesn't matter that they have no graveyard. That's not the point. The term is now used to mean intentionally making someone's deck run out of cards faster. Or to put it in context you can relate to more, kid of like how the word troll used to mean a mythical monstery-mini-ogre type thingie, and has evolved to be a catch-all for idiots who post on forums with no goal except to cause trouble.

Sorry you can't handle that, but that's your ridiculous problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Most people don't like losing in general. It's fun as hell to play. You need a great level of control and playing your cards correctly.
    Of course it's fun to play, and yes it does require some thought. But being on the receiving end of it is not a fulfilling experience.

If u want more classic milling, imagine this: enemy priest copied/stole my Nortshire Clerics and he had 4 of them on board. Also there were many hurted minons. Poof, Circle of Healing and last fatigue card hurted him for 47 dmg.

Settle down, Captain Semantics. Clearly, you refuse to accept or understand that the word "milling" has evolved to mean more than just putting cards from their deck into their graveyards. It doesn't matter that they have no graveyard. That's not the point. The term is now used to mean intentionally making someone's deck run out of cards faster. Or to put it in context you can relate to more, kid of like how the word troll used to mean a mythical monstery-mini-ogre type thingie, and has evolved to be a catch-all for idiots who post on forums with no goal except to cause trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it's fun to play, and yes it does require some thought. But being on the receiving end of it is not a fulfilling experience.
    Is it fulfilling to be on the receiving end of a murloc rush or control druid? Losing isn't going to be barrels of fun. Hell, I think being milled to death would at least be an interesting way to go as opposed to being burned down by another Kill Command or Leeroyed to death.

I already explained where the term 'milling' comes from. Without the card Millstone, you wouldn't have the term to begin with.

Just because a few HS players can't come up with their own terms and jargon, doesn't mean I'm being ridiculous by any means.

'Hey guys, I have an idea! Let's call this deck the milling deck, even though the mechanics have absolutely nothing to do with the mechanics of the card millstone, where the term was stolen in the first place.'

Yup, I'm the ridiculous one.

I already explained where the term 'milling' comes from. Without the card Millstone, you wouldn't have the term to begin with.

Just because a few HS players can't come up with their own terms and jargon, doesn't mean I'm being ridiculous by any means.

'Hey guys, I have an idea! Let's call this deck the milling deck, even though the mechanics have absolutely nothing to do with the mechanics of the card millstone, where the term was stolen in the first place.'

Yes, you're being ridiculous because you refuse to acknowledge that the term has evolved to be beyond its original card reference and even beyond MTG. Other TCG and CCG players refer to it as milling now, too, because they came from MTG or learned from someone that came from MTG, and that's what a deck-out strategy is called.

No. Fuck milling. It's a shitty, unfun mechanic and the only reason all the cards that do it aren't hardcore banhammered in MTG is because it's so easy for pros to shutdown since EVERY pro deck is a control deck.

I don't even play hearthstone and I know adding cards that mill will ruin the game.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    No. Fuck milling. It's a shitty, unfun mechanic and the only reason all the cards that do it aren't hardcore banhammered in MTG is because it's so easy for pros to shutdown since EVERY pro deck is a control deck.

I don't even play hearthstone and I know adding cards that mill will ruin the game.
    If you don't play Hearthstone than you don't know how a milling deck in it works. There will never be a direct deck to graveyard card because there are only 30 cards.

Milling has been used to mean forcing your opponent to draw since long before hearthstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Milling has been used to mean forcing your opponent to draw since long before hearthstone.
    MtG was the very first collectible card game.

Millstone was printed in Revised (4th set, 1994).

The effect of Millstone does not force your opponent to draw cards.

Instead, it puts cards from the top of his deck into his discard pile.

Since there are no discard piles in HS, there aren't any cards to 'mill' your opponent with.

It doesn't matter what your reasoning is, you're wrong.

"quest to be a forum hero" ????!??!?!????

Right, whatever.

It's not 1 on 10000. In fact, in magic, according to their marketing research, a majority of people like milling as a win condition, as stated multiple times by the most vocal guy there, Mark Rosewater.

Also, good job on respecting other people and embracing difference wit the "mental health" and "normal people" comments.

If this forum had any decent moderation, that would be banworthy. PEOPLE ARE NOT SCUM JUST BECAUSE THEY DISAGREE WITH YOU AND ARE DIFFERENT.

15+ Year Old Account
    MtG was the very first collectible card game.

Millstone was printed in Revised (4th set, 1994).

The effect of Millstone does not force your opponent to draw cards.

Instead, it puts cards from the top of his deck into his discard pile.

Since there are no discard piles in HS, there aren't any cards to 'mill' your opponent with.

It doesn't matter what your reasoning is, you're wrong.
    OCD much? It has evolved past its original use, just let it go.

This has been and is used in Hearthstone, though its referred to as a "bounce" deck. Totalbiscuit has videos of him messing around with it, and has some decent outcomes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynnWQXeL_ys
    Go to about 31:00 and watch on from there, he does manage to win with it so it is possible