Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    "Symbiosis was a cool spell, but it was hard to understand and added a ton of button bloat." How is one button added to a character button bloat? Once you learned what every symbiosis gave to you, it was easy to understand as well. Blizzard thinks retards play this game, which I guess they kind of do now.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Another expansion another 180 degree turn on healing, it's getting superior boring now. Tired of re-learning healing each and every expansion.

    Playing a priest since Classic, I feel like healers are the only ones who really need to work in this game. Tanking became retardedly easy, and DPS never really have to do anything but press buttons in a sequence. Also switched to DPS/Tank Warrior mid Pandaria, and the game became so much less stressful it's not worth mentioning, just do the sequence of button presses, watch big numbers go out, step out of shit and wait for heals to drop on you, even easier when you play a ranged class.

    Whilst I though spam healing in BC and Wrath was stupid, I actually wish I'd have more of that nowdays instead of making stupid calculations of what you can cast and what not in certain situations - as explained above, nobody else has to do that, but healers, and now it seems we get our "oh shit" spells removed, to make healers life even more stressful - spread this love to other roles too, or make healing as dumb and straightforward.
    There was a blue post already telling how they are not only reducing healing but also increasing survivability, so the health pool will be bigger relative to
    damage taken. We probably won't see as many 90% hits, hopefuly healing will become a more steady road one that takes strategic thinking, knowledge
    and skill to stand out but won't necessarily punish newbies and slackers. You're right about healing being the more challenging spec but having to put extra effort makes for a more interesting gameplay - at least in my book.

  3. #63
    Field Marshal Jakins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    North of Scotland
    Posts
    95
    I'm still questioning whether that is possibly night and day functions going on there, I mean...sure, Shadowmoon is dark, but the lighting in those screenshots.

    Also the new skybox instead of just painting in the moons, those are different stars.

  4. #64
    Garrisons will be part of the leveling experience.
    Oh crap... Please, please, please tell me that this is sort of thing you get introduced to, and then never have to deal with ever again if that is your inclination (like pet battles or farming). Out of everything I never wanted to do in this game, Garrisons is the absolute top of that list.

    Retribution is in a good place design wise, but their numbers are a little low. This will be addressed in a later tuning pass.
    As of right now in MoP? Yeah. A tad on the simple side, but at least they have a niche. With some of the pruning though, I am really not sure. Unless they have more changes in mind (which is certainly possible), I could probably set up two of those wobbling bird things (a la Simpsons) to handle the entire Ret rotation.

    Lightning Bolt no longer being castable on the move is a big change, but it was done to make movement reduce the damage that ranged DPS does. There are other spells that you can cast while moving, such as Shocks and Unleash Weapon.
    I just don't get *why*! It was a fun perk of being Ele. Considering that LB is hardly a massive source of damage, it just gave the Shaman a little something to do on high movement fights. It was a fun class perk. Pulling it and forcing Ele to play as an immobile turret just isn't fun. I don't understand why this change exists. Ele already struggles a bit with identity, stripping away a fun perk like this just hurts.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I just don't get *why*! It was a fun perk of being Ele. Considering that LB is hardly a massive source of damage, it just gave the Shaman a little something to do on high movement fights..
    Unleash Elements, Earth Shock. Spirit Walker's Grace if you really felt like it.

    Heck one of their reasons is because nobody was casting Unleash Elements anymore.

  6. #66
    Could someone tell me why all ppl just hate warlocks? Why wlocks are considered as OP? And i mean in PvE. All the times we are getting nerfs... and when we manage to play well someone still says "nerf warlocks, they are OP"..

  7. #67
    "Retribution is in a good place design wise, but their numbers are a little low. This will be addressed in a later tuning pass."
    GG RET, 3.0 Shall never be forgotten...

    =P

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoz View Post


    GG RET, 3.0 Shall never be forgotten...

    =P
    ah yes the day 3.0 hit I went from like 1750 2v2 to 2400 2v2 in a day good times.
    4-3-14 - RIP iconic class abilities since vanilla and RIP wow subs. The day millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
    6.0 Patch notes
    Fun- has been removed

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudy View Post
    There was a blue post already telling how they are not only reducing healing but also increasing survivability, so the health pool will be bigger relative to
    damage taken. We probably won't see as many 90% hits, hopefuly healing will become a more steady road one that takes strategic thinking, knowledge
    and skill to stand out but won't necessarily punish newbies and slackers. You're right about healing being the more challenging spec but having to put extra effort makes for a more interesting gameplay - at least in my book.
    There is always a blue post how things will change, for the better or worse, let's not mention that they said before Cataclysm and even before Pandaria that there wont be spike damage, yet it's still in the game, actually more as ever. This doesn't bother me however, what bothers me is that healers play a completely different game to other roles, and as said with each and every expansion healers are the only ones who have to re-learn how to play the game. There are spells being removed or modified from all classes and roles and new stuff added, but essentially they are doing the same thing, not so with healers.

    After playing a healer for 8 and half years, I don't care about how rewarding it is to keep your raid up and be the saviour, it becomes boring to watch bars dance up and down and that's the only thing you will see 80% of the time in a raid - that's why I decided to switch to DPS even tho I'd rather heal, but as DPS as said I can play laid back, press the skills in a sequence that mathematically equals bigger numbers, not have to worry about resources and get stuff done.

    If you ask me, TBC was the best healing experience I had followed by Wrath and then it went south. You had your big damage you needed to be wary of, and then you had spam fights where you could as a healer relax a bit and just spam your CoH or PoM and get shit done, I don't know why this was so bad - boring, sometimes yes, but it way more boring to be on your toes the whole time a new raid comes out and and being OOM 90% of the time, before you get adequate gear.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    Garrisons will be part of the leveling experience.

    bad idea blizzard forcing people to use garrisons just like google force you to use google+ when you sign up for youtube
    If it is integrated with questing, what is the big deal. You realize you did a lot of the same thing while leveling in MoP. For horde, in Jade forest, we took over an alliance airstrip, then in Kun-Lai, we liberated a village and turned it into a fort for the horde. In Dread wastes, we teamed up with the Klaxxi and then went and freed NPC so that they could come back and be quest-givers in the quest hub

    See any similarities yet... stop crying.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The alpha announcement was made because the build had to be uploaded publicly to let employees play from home, which would allow datamining. The notes and announcement helped to provide context for some of the reported changes.
    What a load of bullshit. Or then a concidence that one of the most hyped competitive MMOs was released on the same day.
    I cannot understand this. Do you really think there are people who did not buy Elder Scrolls Online because they wanted to read patch notes saying that Hunter´s Mark was being removed? One person.. I bet not ONE PERSON who was looking to play TESO failed to do so because of patch notes from WoD.

    Really, that is your argument, that TESO ´hype´ was so weak that just patch notes from a WOW alpha is enough to screw with it?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    They've been saying this for 4 years. Fact of the matter is, they are terrified of another 3.0 where rets ran around for 2 WHOLE WEEKS overpowered (oh the humanity). Ret will never get a proper damage pass until they remove almost all our burst and roll our damage into passives, something we've been asking for since WOTLK. Asking for, and not getting because of one certain crab-bastard insisting that RET BURST IZ AWSUM and then Blizzard failing at numbers passes because of it.

    Now that GC is out the door (good riddance) Blizzard can finally get over this stupid notion that rets want to do good DPS for 20% of the fight and hit like a wet noodle the rest. We don't wanna be warlocks, but at the same time I don't want to be out-DPSed by an elemental shaman (another hybrid) with 10 less ilvls than me on 90% of SoO fights.
    1. Ghostcrawler was part of a team.
    2. Ghostcrawler was part of a team.
    3. Ghostcrawler was part of a team.
    4. You are operating under logical fallacy.

  12. #72
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    465
    More translations of the priceless quips from Bliz:

    Perks are intended to make leveling feel rewarding again.
    They are a mixture of static power increases and tweaks to your rotation that you earn in a random order as you level from 90 to 100.
    Of course we won't be fixing 90% of levelling experience. Just buy that boost already, holinka has a rancho mortgage to take care of.

    Army of the Dead might come back for all specs as an instant cast rather than a channel.
    Well in fact we don't really expect THAT many unsubs, so you can just as well forget it.

    Symbiosis was a cool spell, but it was hard to understand and added a ton of button bloat.
    Finding a balance for various specs is so beyond us we thought Rejuvenate for a lock with a tanking pet, Plague Mushroom for a frost DK who doesn't want to waste runes on an AoE opener and Dash for those pesky hunters were as good as we could ever go. We can't do any better so it's getting scrapped.

    Hunters have different specs that don't feel very different.
    Now they will feel as similar as they ever were, just additionally gutted for you convenience. Oh, you haven't preordered WoD to boost a lock? You might not exacty enjoy the later announcements then.

    Retribution is in a good place design wise
    Oh, you missed the last time we denied fscking rets up beyond recognition. How many repetitions do you need to finally acknowledge the simple fact we know better how to play the class you played for 8 years?
    Also, you can always buy a fresh 90 fury warrior. Buy. Buy. BUY. We don't give a flying fsck about your issues but we sure love your monies.

    Shadow Priests won't need completely different sets of gear for single target and AoE fights.
    See, peasants? We truly are a generous master. Rejoice and pay us some more.

    Warlock Gateways were too strong this expansion, so the range is being reduced and cooldown increased.
    People much better than us made something really awesome and loved by everyone. We will never be 5% as good as them, so either we will break what they made or exit openings of our digestive tracks will explode like so many supernovas.

    Arms originally had Overpower removed, but it didn't work out well.
    GC texted me that I might want to seriously reconsider going beyond Mythic level in flaunting my retardation and manager agreed. Screw them both really, but here, rejoice peasants.

    ________________________________________________

    So much win I almost pre-ordered WoD immediately. Fortunately, the brain lockout caused by reading so much crap wore off before I hit the "pay pay pay PAY" button.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Unleash Elements, Earth Shock. Spirit Walker's Grace if you really felt like it.

    Heck one of their reasons is because nobody was casting Unleash Elements anymore.
    lol.. Spirit Walker's Grace onlylasts 15 seconds.. wooo! all the shocks share a cd and I don't know any elemental shaman who doesn't cast Unleash Elements.. The Developers are just out of touch with the very game they're making.. nerfing classes that don't need it while buffing those that don't. Tired of their bullshit logic.

  14. #74

    Innervate et al

    "Healer's mana regeneration abilities are being nerfed and removed because they didn't add any gameplay value. For example, Innervate was just a button to press when it was off of cooldown. Base mana regeneration and mana costs were rebalanced to compensate."

    Sometimes Blizz says dumb things, and then sometimes they just blow me away with their wrongness. Spells like Innervate are entirely strategic. Does Blizz blow its innervate at the beginning of the fight? Of course not. But according to the "Its off cooldown, so use it!" logic, Blizz would do just that. In reality, knowing how long to wait until you use it the first time, and how to pace yourself before and after, was part of the strategy of defeating any difficult boss. And of course there is the option of using it on someone else, and a huge amount of strategy related to how to use it in PvP. That's all gone now. It's definitely a dumb-down of the game.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogemaniac View Post
    "Healer's mana regeneration abilities are being nerfed and removed because they didn't add any gameplay value. For example, Innervate was just a button to press when it was off of cooldown. Base mana regeneration and mana costs were rebalanced to compensate."

    Sometimes Blizz says dumb things, and then sometimes they just blow me away with their wrongness. Spells like Innervate are entirely strategic. Does Blizz blow its innervate at the beginning of the fight? Of course not. But according to the "Its off cooldown, so use it!" logic, Blizz would do just that. In reality, knowing how long to wait until you use it the first time, and how to pace yourself before and after, was part of the strategy of defeating any difficult boss. And of course there is the option of using it on someone else, and a huge amount of strategy related to how to use it in PvP. That's all gone now. It's definitely a dumb-down of the game.
    Of course having played through all the content in Warlords you speak from experience. Not saying you're 100% incorrect but you need to take everything into consideration before jumping to conclusions.
    Last edited by Evlyxx; 2014-04-18 at 05:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •