Deleted

how are monk healers atm?

havent read much about monk healers more thahn that they are super hard to learn. but are they any good?

Deleted
    Dull. I got bored of mine really fast. Its just clunky. And the randomness and delay in renewing mists is potentially the worst mechanic in WoW

Edit: However monk as a class are amazing. So much mobility and utility. WW/BrM is nice
    Last edited by mmoc9c2ec1fd5b; 2014-04-14 at 02:25 PM.

They are pretty unique and take a different kind of skill to play from other healing classes, but can be very fun when you reach high ilvls and no longer have to worry about mana while your throughput goes through the roof. Their flexibility to deal damage, and the perk of not being targetted by ranged-only fight mechanics makes them very useful. They also have a wonderful range of utility making them a damn good addition to a raid team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I was actually going to make a new thread for this, but since this one vaguely covers my point, I'll just add on here and hope for response.

I just came back recently and picked up my Monk for the first time since MV was relevant. I'm a very low iLvl (520ish) and it's basically a LFR-only character. I've been healing and it feels... unsatisfying. I mean, this is coming from a guy who's Druid/Paladin/Shaman healed raids since TBC and for the first time I just don't feel like I have total control over what I'm doing.

I can't tell you how many times I'd hit Uplift during periods of big raid damage and only like 13 people got healed. That's infuriating. So then what? Spinning crane kick the rest and hope they're stacking up? (Good luck in LFR) I sort of feel like the quality of my overall performance in these raids is based on 2 factors. A.) Revival timing because lolpad meters or B.) The number of shamans in the raid. You just cant compete with those bastards, lol.

Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is are we really so dependent on Renewing mists? Is it really just a waiting game of hoping it spreads to everyone and tryng to make sure you're mashing it as soon as it comes off CD every time its off CD? I just don't really feel like a healer in this spec. I feel more like I'm just hanging out doing my own thing and people get health back sometimes.

Also, I'm guessing there's more freedom with a higher gear level and the legendary components, but that's just not going to happen on this guy. Eff that quest on a 3rd character this late in the Xpac and due to LFR dependency at the moment, I'm looking at 535ish being my highest realistic iLvl.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is are we really so dependent on Renewing mists? Is it really just a waiting game of hoping it spreads to everyone and tryng to make sure you're mashing it as soon as it comes off CD every time its off CD? I just don't really feel like a healer in this spec. I feel more like I'm just hanging out doing my own thing and people get health back sometimes.

Also, I'm guessing there's more freedom with a higher gear level and the legendary components, but that's just not going to happen on this guy. Eff that quest on a 3rd character this late in the Xpac and due to LFR dependency at the moment, I'm looking at 535ish being my highest realistic iLvl.
    MW really are dependent on renewing mists for any AOE healing. Keeping renewing mists on CD and spamming as many uplifts as possible is really the name of the MW game.

As for fun I do find my MW a lot of fun due to being able to solo things as a healer, adding dps (even topping the damage meter in 5 man runs) and the mobility is so good but it's also very frustrating being so reliant on RNG. I've sort of shelf'd mine a little in 5.4 for my resto shaman but I'm hopeful they get a little stronger in WoD (and less reliant on RNG).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    MW really are dependent on renewing mists for any AOE healing. Keeping renewing mists on CD and spamming as many uplifts as possible is really the name of the MW game.

As for fun I do find my MW a lot of fun due to being able to solo things as a healer, adding dps (even topping the damage meter in 5 man runs) and the mobility is so good but it's also very frustrating being so reliant on RNG. I've sort of shelf'd mine a little in 5.4 for my resto shaman but I'm hopeful they get a little stronger in WoD (and less reliant on RNG).
    That's what I thought. See, I fell in love with the class long before I took it into a raid. "Fistweaving" is a huge appeal to me. I love it's abilities and even love its style, but once you get into a raid (where it really seems to matter on a healer) it's just so goddamn dull. I mean, I understand how it works and even perform within reason, but holy shit its lame waiting for RNG to favor you.

I'm not even talking about topping charts. Who cares who's top heals in LFR anyway, I'm just talking about being able to control my healing performance in general. Renewing, TFT and Uplift basically on cooldown only to be outperformed by a puddle and a totem? Not super encouraging, haha.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Well there's no plans to improve RM in anyway so far and even worse, all smart heals across all classes are going RNG which is pretty worrying. I'd rather no heal than a RNG heal.

I'll reserve judgment till I've tried it for myself though

I think that has always been my problem with Mistweavers. Renewing Mists as a mechanic is really a fairly interesting way to patch raid heal - a nice counterpart to druids. But having our primary AoE heal being tied to a randomly dispersed HoT makes for an uncontrollable mess in anything but a constant damage fight. Not to mention it also will make it impossible to fistweave in 6.0 if you are anticipating any aoe damage since you can't set up ReM in crane stance, or have the chi to use uplift once you go back to serpent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    I think that has always been my problem with Mistweavers. Renewing Mists as a mechanic is really a fairly interesting way to patch raid heal - a nice counterpart to druids. But having our primary AoE heal being tied to a randomly dispersed HoT makes for an uncontrollable mess in anything but a constant damage fight. Not to mention it also will make it impossible to fistweave in 6.0 if you are anticipating any aoe damage since you can't set up ReM in crane stance, or have the chi to use uplift once you go back to serpent.
    And the most annoying thing is, that other healer can efficiently AoE heal, so you overheal more.

i typically top healing charts and do anywhere from 25-40% of the damage of #1 dps on chart

i'd say monks are op atm

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    i typically top healing charts and do anywhere from 25-40% of the damage of #1 dps on chart

i'd say monks are op atm
    In random heroic dungeons? The lack of context with this is staggering

15+ Year Old Account
    It is fine in pvp, specifically rbgs.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose