Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    snip
    and how is this even remotely relevant to the question?

Quote Originally Posted by PeskyJNixon View Post

GW2 is a great game.
    GW2 is not a great game. It's a great game FOR YOU. Yes, GW2 is a failure. No, it's not about the economic output, it's about the hype that never materialized and it's about all those people that thought it would be a great game and don't play it anymore.

They don't market it because they know it's a dead horse and they know it better than you or me. They don't market it as you want because their calculations and predictions tell them that they would lose money, meaning they won't get enough people to play the game to cover the marketing cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    GW2 is not a great game. It's a great game FOR YOU. Yes, GW2 is a failure. No, it's not about the economic output, it's about the hype that never materialized and it's about all those people that thought it would be a great game and don't play it anymore.

They don't market it because they know it's a dead horse and they know it better than you or me. They don't market it as you want because their calculations and predictions tell them that they would lose money, meaning they won't get enough people to play the game to cover the marketing cost.
    o.O So much personal opinion presented as fact it's mind boggling. Also... who's your source on why they don't do more marketing (saying they don't do any is a bald faced lie)? I'd like to know where you get your expertise on knowing why they make their choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    You are awfully informed. Are you insider there or something?

Hm, this is kind of a contradiction.

The other guy's subjective opinion is just as valid as your subjective opinion. One can't really disprove someone's value judgement with their own value judgement. Like, you need facts and demonstrable evidence against an objective control to do that. Facts.

Also you are making false statements w/r/t marketing that are bluntly, lies. Like we have facts that disprove your statements about marketing.

Come on, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    What I don't like as much in GW2:
    - Dumbed down Skill design (compared to GW1) from Cooldown + Resource, to just Cooldown (non-Thief) or just Resource (Thief)
    - Low skill depth (or lack of) - alot of builds use 80% of their skills on cooldown, whack-a-mole style
    - "actual" customizability of gear, traits and skills - being creative usually means being inefficient
    - challenge vs reward - alot of grind, repetition. Beating tough creatures in the world amounts to nothing.
    - The way Dynamic Events and Personal Story turned out - no real lasting impact in the world
    1. Yes there's a resource less you have to manage for skills however the trade is that there's an added resource (endurance) added instead of Energy/mana.

The real simplification comes in stat distribution and positional attacks (back attacks have higher crit chances in GW so good players do more dmg )

2. That's the case with all action oriented games

3. Also the case for all games

4. Same as 3.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I never would have known about it existing if I hadn't seen the videos on the yogscast's channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.