Blood DK, AOE Aggro problems please help!

My blood DK is 554ilvl, i have been playing him for awhile and i've always had a lot of issues holding Aggro on more then 2 things at once (especially in raids, I.E. Garrosh NM (adds)). I am now getting into Heroic SoO progression on this toon and really need help managing my AOE aggro and figuring out how to master it! What my current rotation is for attempting to get AOE aggro is below.
    ( P.S. What glyphs should i take? (the only glyph i have at the moment is "Glyph of Army of the Dead"))

1) Outbreak
    2) Blood Boil
    3) Death and Decay
    4) Heart Strike
    5) Blood Boil
    (then basically frantically spamming Blood Boil and Heart Strike in an attempt to get aggro *which never works*)

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...night/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you having issues with threat against dps or the other tank?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    My blood DK is 554ilvl, i have been playing him for awhile and i've always had a lot of issues holding Aggro on more then 2 things at once (especially in raids, I.E. Garrosh NM (adds)). I am now getting into Heroic SoO progression on this toon and really need help managing my AOE aggro and figuring out how to master it! What my current rotation is for attempting to get AOE aggro is below.
    ( P.S. What glyphs should i take? (the only glyph i have at the moment is "Glyph of Army of the Dead"))

1) Outbreak
    2) Blood Boil
    3) Death and Decay
    4) Heart Strike
    5) Blood Boil
    (then basically frantically spamming Blood Boil and Heart Strike in an attempt to get aggro *which never works*)

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...night/advanced

For AoE threat, I prefer Unholy blight to apply the diseases. Open with your preference to spread diseases and DnD.

Priority should be DnD>BB>DS>Rune Strike as RP dump

Rune strike and Death strike both inflict way more damage and thus more threat than heart strike. They also give you more useful resources back such as death runes and runes in general from lvl 75 talent. (Reminder, you should be switching targets)

EDIT: An additional tip would be to get a nameplate addon that shows your threat on the mobs you are tanking. (Tidyplates is a good one)
    Last edited by Vladimeir; 2014-04-14 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You specifically mentioned Garrosh Adds, if you are the misnomer "add tank" the way vengeance scales with the Garry tank you will never snap aggro adds off him. When I add tank Garrosh adds on my DK, I usually taunt Garrosh as adds are spawning build some vengeance then the MT taunts back once I have all the adds. Other wise what other fight in SoO is AoE snap aggro that important?
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, unrelated to your question, but why are you not using any glyphs? o.O

I've just been to lazy to go buy them :P
    What other Glyphs should i get for tanking?

The one glyph you're using probably shouldn't be used. Dancing Rune Weapon? Vampiric Blood? Blood Boil glyph (i dont remember the name)? Anything is better than nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Pestilence? you have a lot of options..and ones that will definitely increase aoe/aoe threat. Shouldn't post about issues until you've fully optimized your character, doesn't make sense to me, at least.

For Glyphs:
    I use Antimagic Shell (absorbing all magic damage up to 50% of ur hp) - Death and Decay (slow) - and either Icy Touch (Dispell) or Pestilence (more spreadrange)

For add-aggro on Garrosh we just pull adds to him and whoever gets the adds the other tank just taunts Garrosh
    See adds as ur "tauntdebuff" in phase 1 ;-)

Are you losing aggro to the other tank? Taunt back and make sure to tab and rune strike everything. Death and decay is really nice for aggro as well so use it if you need to hold aggro on multiple mobs. Just try to use DnD for the crimson scourge procs as often as you can. Blood boil is kinda meh, it hits decent with high AP, but not that great. If you are going to go the blood boil spam route, grab the glyph that makes it hit as if you had diseases on targets. Just realize that you are probably sacrificing death runes for the spammage. Heart strike is another option if there is only 1 to 2 extra adds. If you are losing aggro to dps on fights like galakras, tell the damn dps to hold off a sec. I know some locks that love to put down rain of fire way up on the hill and somehow grab aggro EVEN when i dnd and blood boil. gotta be fast. some dps classes have aggro dropping abilities, like locks. As far as garrosh goes, you should be able to solo tank p1 with the adds and the boss. manage cds or ask for externals. other tank can just grab the wolfrider and bring it to you to interrupt and kill. DKs don't have the best "snap" aggro. And to get remotely close requires the use of death runes for things other than our best survival ability, death strike.

As people have said the tank on garrosh will be tanking the adds due to vengeance on garrosh being very high. If you're referring to "Snap" aggro, a new wave of adds runs down on galkaras and your monk keg smashes it then again you will not have those adds. DK snap threat is low, but the consistent is fine, the issues is the fact that the other tank will grab everything before it hits you and hogs all the vengeance and then you'll never catch up.

If you're losing threat to dps that aren't warlocks chaos bolting a fresh add to troll you (my guild has 2 warlocks in a 10 man that LOVE this) then you are doing something more significantly wrong.