Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I don't know what bones you're talking about, but the fact that MMOs prove to be both profitable short and long term is why many companies want a piece of the MMO pie. And interest in MMOs have been trending upward, not downward over the years. In truth very few MMOs have closed down compared to the hundreds out there still making money, but the ones closed down tend to generate more public attention.

As for WoD and CCP, they probably chose to cancel it because their last project Dust 514 was an abysmal failure, and as an independent studio they don't have large funds to risk getting burned again. For now, they'll probably play it safe and remain as the EVE-only studio.
    Maybe servers are still up, but I can't imagine games like Age of Conan are making their studios much money anymore.

Also somewhat selfish motive, I prefer non-MMOs in general because it's less restrictive story-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    no one is really bringing anything new or interesting to the table
    Except, of course, the world. I'm sorry, I for one just don't give two shits about playing an MMO just because it's got "great mechanics." I need the world to be of interest to me. Mechanics are secondary, as they have always been, for as long as there have been games. If I wanted mechanics, I'd most likely be into boring shit like mathematics and chess.

The old World of Darkness is an awesome setting, and it would've been awesome to play an MMO in that world, even though there were no Garou characters.

Good maby we can get those devs over to iceland to work more on eve online and fix the multitudes of things that are taking them forever to fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    http://www.ccpgames.com/en/public-re...-darkness-mmo/

Seriously disappointing. This is the only MMO I've been genuinely excited about since Warhammer Online was announced years ago. If there was one company that I was pretty sure could pull off a World of Darkness MMO it was CCP. Seeing them cancel the game after... 8 years of development is just bullshit.
    im pretty sure any future mmo that will counter such fate there will be someone poping up and saying

oh this was the only MMO i really wanted to play in whole world ....

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Good maby we can get those devs over to iceland to work more on eve online and fix the multitudes of things that are taking them forever to fix.
    Except they all got laid off...yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    I've never been interested in World of Darkness as the concept was cool but I already knew they never could pull it off. Same as Warhammer Online, Swtor and all the other MMO's. Smaller companies need to face the fact that MMO's aren't for them anymore, if you don't have loads and loads of money you almost can never pull it off. And even then it's still guessing if it will be a good MMO.
    You know that "failed" mmo SWTOR? It made 150 million dollars last year.

The people at Bioware are doing great, even if a wow fansite disagrees.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except they all got laid off...yeah...
    "As a result of the change, 56 employees of the Atlanta studio have lost their jobs. Some team members have been offered roles on other projects inside the company, and CCP has provided severance packages and job placement assistance for those affected."

It would be stupid of CCP to just throw out everyone. Though it does say they were offered the positions, not that any accepted. So I guess there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Yeah, I doubt many, if any, of those folks are moving to moving to Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    My thing being that we really have no clue how many folks they had at Atlanta, especially after the last reshuffle.

But, I don't think it said Atlanta was closing, so who knows.