WoD Thick Hide Passive [Guardian]

Ignore anything stated in this post.
    I just noticed the "Balance, feral, Restoration" marker on the glyph.
    I am an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey

I was browsing the alpha patch notes recently and looking at the new Guardian glyphs i noticed something odd.
    The following tooltip is of a new Guardian Glyph:

210% is the exact amount thick hide increased our armor bonus in bear form; from 120% to 330%.

This either means thick hide is gone in WoD or it doesn't provide extra armor.

The former is actually a significant change. So it is the one i am worried about.
    With Thick Hide removed, our only form of magic damage reduction, and another 12% passive physical damage reduction is gone.
    The buff we got for SoO on barkskin will be gone as well, which everyone kind of guessed already i think.
    This is all hypothetical of course, but if true a life changing decision.

Anyone know anything more; or has anything to say about this glyph?
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2014-04-14 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they getting rid of/changing [Heart of the Wild]? Because that currently increases bear armor for non-guardians. Just wondering how it will interact with this glyph.

They are removing the passive bonuses. No word on any other significant changes.
    The talent calculator HotW still states the armor bonus, and that tooltip is for healing spec.

Deleted
    This glyph in combination with 2 Stacks of Survival Instincts on a 2 min cd for feral might cause some issues in PvP making feral too tanky in WoD.

The glyph is to give non-Guardians the same armor bonus while in Bear form as Guardians. It won't have any effect on Guardian survivability.

Hey, I hadn't noticed this one before, it may give ferals back some off tanking capabilities. With the number squish we shouldn't have such a monumental gap between tanks and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Hey, I hadn't noticed this one before, it may give ferals back some off tanking capabilities. With the number squish we shouldn't have such a monumental gap between tanks and dps.
    Getting crit would still be a valid concern, although if HotW still had an armor increase associated with it in conjunction with the glyph, it could allow for massive armor damage reduction. It's still a bit early, but if anything Blizz would allow druids to go hybrid for such situations as long as it was not going to break the game in various ways. While I'm almost always a Guardian, I honestly like the glyph for non-Guardian specs... especially if there's less "mandatory" glyphs going around.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville