Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lightning is also almost always blue in in real-life movies, too much blue sometimes.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    It just ticks me off so much!!!!! Nah just kidding. I was just wondering because it just doesn't seem to make sense. I remember back to high school class I was doing a project involving me drawing a thunderstorm (for a Spanish class), and I drew the lightning with a light blue marker. People were asking me why it was blue instead of yellow, the apparent correct color of lightning. I just don't understand.
    Symbolism & the human brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Lightning is also almost always blue in in real-life movies, too much blue sometimes.
    LOLwut? Real life movies?
    Last edited by Violent; 2014-04-14 at 09:54 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

He means non-animated

Deleted
    I'm guessing it has something to do with it being bright and white in most cases...making a symbal white doesn't really work now does it.

Deleted
    People are seriously asking why Pokemon is not realistic? Time for another Gin and tonic.

If you tell a small child to draw a light bulb, sun rays or a lightning bolt they will pick up a yellow marker to do so. It's just how we categorize light and make it stand out on white.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because of "Lightning Bugs", maybe?

In most of the games I play, lightning is a blue-white color.

10+ Year Old Account
    More importantly, why do the Final Fantasy games call their lightning spells Thunder? Thunder is the sound!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    Well I know that, but who started it being portrayed as yellow? You don't see cartoons making water orange or fire green. Why the change to lightning?
    Zeus did it first.
    And he doesn't like when people disagree on what HE says.
    (Even though greek/roman gods were generally useless drunkards)

Deleted
    I got a drawing from my baby sis with brown lightning coming from green clouds........

Well, in Dark Souls lightning is yellow because the sun looks yellow and lightning is just sunlight shaped and amplified by the power of Gwyn's Lord Soul. Or at least, the original Sunlight Spear was. The Lightning Spear and Great Lightning Spear miracles are just imperfect copies of the original.

I'll just be going now...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    I got a drawing from my baby sis with brown lightning coming from green clouds........
    Green clouds are awesome. Like, try to tear yourself away and get in the basement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    More importantly, why do the Final Fantasy games call their lightning spells Thunder? Thunder is the sound!
    Translation error that just stuck is my guess. It uses the correct word in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    People also portray the sun as yellow, but that's a common misconception because of atmospheric scattering :P
    The sun's visible light does peak around the yellow part of the spectrum. So in that sense, it is yellow. But yes, absent an atmosphere it would look pretty much white.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Funny... Lightning is always portrayed as blue...

Usually see it portrayed as blue or white in most movies and games.

Also, keep in mind that Pokemon was originally animated as a kid's show. Light is often represented as yellow, such as the sun or light bulbs, and kids generally associate the two together. Because of that, lightning is generally presented as yellow in cartoons.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-04-15 at 12:27 AM.

Deleted
    Weird, I usually see it portrayed as Blue. Maybe in cartoons, but I don't watch many of those so I wouldn't know.

Thundara and Thundaga sound better than Lightningara and Lightninga.

Because サン*, サン*ラ, and サン*ガ fit into the four characters allotted for spell names in the original, but ライトニング didn't.

Same reason the sun is yellow, however if you look long enough into it you might find out its a totally different color, why not try?