Where did this trend come from?

I notice in a lot of people's avatars, signatures, or all kinds of pictures on the internet, there will be this bizarre edit of what appears to be oversized orange glasses(?) being put into the face of whatever character/person may be in that image.

Wtf is this and where is it from? Can someone please tell me?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Deleted
    *adjusts glasses*

http://31.media.tumblr.com/5e4fe5f26...5zqo1_1280.png
    http://broshadeson.tumblr.com/

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Assuming these are the shades.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Oh god it's from an anime...well thanks anyways. I don't know why people are even into this stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Oh god it's from an anime...well thanks anyways. I don't know why people are even into this stuff.
    Yet many many many moons ago you had a Watamote avatar. Myth busted, stop baiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    Yet many many many moons ago you had a Watamote avatar. Myth busted, stop baiting.
    Not the anime the memes. They are tiring, especially when seen in frequency like that absurd Skyrim meme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the anime the memes. They are tiring, especially when seen in frequency like that absurd Skyrim meme.
    I used to enjoy these threads, but then I took an arr- Sorry, what was happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Some anime is very well done. A lot of it, however, has served to create very negative stereotypes. As a medium, it's no more or less capable of being intelligently profound or ridiculously pointless than any other form of entertainment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Some anime is very well done. A lot of it, however, has served to create very negative stereotypes. As a medium, it's no more or less capable of being intelligently profound or ridiculously pointless than any other form of entertainment.
    Basically, it's just a medium that allows for telling a different type of story in a different way.