Heroic Thok, 25m question

I used to solo tank Heroic thok in 10s, but recently switched to a 25m guild. Has anyone solo tanked Heroic Thok in 25s, or can it even be done?

Thanks

As a Paladin, as far as I know, you can solo tank all solo tank-able bosses in 10man and I feel that it's safe to say that you could in 25man too and if not, just 2 tank it. The extra dps isnt as necessary as it is in 10man.

Deleted
    I've solo tanked it since the beginning. Having more gear makes it easier. Holy Avenger is your friend here. Pop it @ ~15 stacks and feel how it's like to be a god amongst men

Usually my CD rotation is something like:

Divine prot on pull -> get 5 stack of BoG -> EF -> Divine prot again @ ~5 -> GoaK @ ~10 -> HA + Avenging Wrath ~15 + throw Hammer to heal rest -> Use Ardent Defender ~20. Use DP on CD.

All CDs should be up for next phase if you keep the run phase long enough (12-13 stack IIRC).

Hi all

My guild is approaching Thok, and we currently run with a Paladin tank. When I put up our Thok strat, my guild mates said that we should solo-tank it, and I began researching how we manage this. I found a post on maintakadin that mentions the strat for 10-man, but states "Keep using DP as you approach 20 stacks, cause the damage is so large you can still die even with SotR up 100% of the time and a SS absorbing 400k per tick," and my immediate thought was "eep, if that's the damage in 10-man, I don't know if we should chance it in 25-man." By the looks of Arthoxxx's post, however, it appears solo tankable in 25-man?

So the next question crossing my mind is, "if it's solo tanked, how do you handle the bats?"

I imagine that the bats stream straight to the tank because of righteous fury + vengeance + self-healing (sort of like they did on Tortos)? If that's the case, by how much do they increase the damage on the tank? Do you work out an external CD rotation for while they're up or is it not that noticeable? We run with 3 warlocks and 3-4 hunters, so we should have decent stuns on them, but I'm not sure how to deal with the tank damage if it becomes very spiky when the bats are alive.

Also, I was curious, does anyone have a clean video of a solo paladin tanking 25-man? Doing a youtube search, all of the video's I'm finding are dual tanking the fight. Even one video where they solo tank the first phase 1, they're running 2 tanks, and the off-tank starts the second phase 1 on the boss, builds up vengeance, and then grabs the bats when they come out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catrpillar View Post
    Hi all
    So the next question crossing my mind is, "if it's solo tanked, how do you handle the bats?"
    We used our prot warrior as the bat bitch. Taunt banner is a very nice thing to have Protadin can also disable Righteous Fury so that he won't get aggro from bats if done correctly.

We like to keep the bat phase quite short (about 10 stack or something like that) and I think that I could tank the bats as well. The only problem with that is that melee can't attack the bats if I'd tank them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can easily solo-tank heroic Thok on both 10 and 25-man difficulties.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

yea that sounds right to m e