Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I think I'll keep complaining for as long as there is something to complain about and as long as I keep getting these bullshit responses. It's time to acknowledge that there IS a problem. If PvP servers were a small portion of the servers, you may have a point. But they aren't, the choice is either PvP server or not being able to attack enemy faction at all. That is a HUGE contrast.

It is griefing in that the people don't do it for gameplays sake, they do it to purposely mess with other people. Blizzards classification of what it is is irrelevant.

I can tell you guys still don't understand what it is actually like.
    What do you mean for "gameplay's sake"? Do you want to only PVP when it's convenient to you? Well guess what, you're in luck! You can do that on a PVE realm too! It's called BGs and Arenas

I think I'll keep complaining for as long as there is something to complain about and as long as I keep getting these bullshit responses. It's time to acknowledge that there IS a problem. If PvP servers were a small portion of the servers, you may have a point. But they aren't, the choice is either PvP server or not being able to attack enemy faction at all. That is a HUGE contrast.

It is griefing in that the people don't do it for gameplays sake, they do it to purposely mess with other people. Blizzards classification of what it is is irrelevant.

So now you're trying to say your experience is really that different for you than everyone else when this happens on a pvp server? C'mon dude just accept it or go to pve realm already.

Deleted

Everyone here knows the term griefing and what it means. You just don't seem to get it does not apply to WoW and pvp servers. If you feel it's a problem go reroll to a pve server. Others do not see it as a problem, stop trying to convince them it is one.

Most people who have played on a pvp server have been ganked then and camped. It's not fun when it happens. Sometimes you just don't have friends on to help and either keep being ganked or you just called it a night. It's part of the challenge of a pvp server and for people like this it drives us. It doesn't get better at end game. Timeless isle will crush you when your own faction will turn on you for coins, even my cousin has done this to me.

I bet everyone here has been ganked and camped before if they are from a pvp server.

*Raises hand* I have been ganked and camped before on a pvp server, but I'm OK with it and would have it no other way!
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I play on a PVP server, and it's rare to see corpse camping. The kind of GY camping he's talking about... I don't think I've ever seen that.

Ganking lowbies who can't fight back isn't PVP. Doing it once or twice, yeah okay, it's not PVP it's being a dick but fair enough. Doing it more than that is crossing over into outright being a griefing asshole.

It's actually never a problem for me though, if someone kills me more than once I log a character of the opposite faction and whisper to them:

"hey buddy"
    "er... yes?"
    "can you do me a favour?"
    "what?"
    "stop ganking my ally alts"
    "haha... okay"

^ I've done this many times, it has never once failed.
    Never leveled as Alliance in STV on a PvP server? That means you either A) Get used to being camped, or B) Learn to roll alts to play elsewhere until that crap dies down.

Also, there was a time that you couldn't just roll a toon from the other faction to ask them to stop.

Finally, the OP is talking about Timeless Isle, not leveling and being ganked. But even still, ganking happens. It is a part of life on a PvP server.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Translation: you'll keep complaining until someone agrees with you.

I'm with most people here, I don't think if you want to worry about these kind of things, you shouldn't play on a pvp server. To me, there are very few possible situations where you can have world pvp harassment:

-Repeatedly killing NPC's
    -Mob training

To the person that said it's okay for members of the opposing faction to repeatedly message you and taunt you, this is incorrect, as stated on the RP and PvP Realm Policies page.

Game Masters may intervene in extreme situations, or if the harassment has transitioned to chat communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainara View Post
    Translation: you'll keep complaining until someone agrees with you.

I'm with most people here, I don't think if you want to worry about these kind of things, you shouldn't play on a pvp server. To me, there are very few possible situations where you can have world pvp harassment:

-Repeatedly killing NPC's
    -Mob training

To the person that said it's okay for members of the opposing faction to repeatedly message you and taunt you, this is incorrect, as stated on the RP and PvP Realm Policies page.
    Just a slight correction to this statement; mob training IS allowed on a PVP server, repeatedly killing NPCs is not (key word here is repeatedly though, a few times is allowed)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Actually there is a point. If they're stopping you from playing the game and you have no way to fight back, e.g. you're a lower level, and they continue to keep you from playing the game, it's considered griefing. It's also worse if you're graveyard camping the player as you're completely disallowing them from playing as they're unable to do anything but resurrect and instantly die.

You are able to report it as well if you take the time to do so. The fact is that the majority of players don't bother with the ticketing system whatsoever so nothing is ever done.
    This will only get a shot if perhaps it's happening day after day. Corpse camping is perfectly fine, it's even stated in the notes which someone listed before.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Just a slight correction to this statement; mob training IS allowed on a PVP server, repeatedly killing NPCs is not (key word here is repeatedly though, a few times is allowed)
    It's allowed for the opposing faction, but not for same faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    PvP is just that, Player vs Player content. If you can't win, go elsewhere. It sucks for you, yeah, but it is part of the PvP Realm experience. I've been on a PvP server since Classic as Alliance, and STV was avoided at all costs for these reasons as Alliance. I didn't know that at the time, so I suffered through it for quite a while.

PvP IS normal gameplay on a PvP server.

Get friends or guildies to help. If you can't, sucks for you.

World of WARcraft, who would've guessed it was about a war between factions?
    Player VERSUS Player, something that tends to be missed.
    When it is used to justify ganking and downright cowardly behaviour which results in the victim having no opportunity to put up a fair fight or respond then it ceases to have a versus component, being entirely one-sided and so is "Versus" anyone.

It can't be called "fair game" when someone is condoning behaviour which is just the opposite of fair.

Just players acting like cowards and endlessly claiming it to be something else.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-04-15 at 05:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Nah it works. I've been "warned" for doing so and my friend has been banned for doing it, up to his 3 day ban.
    Because it escalated to chat channel.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    When it is used to justify ganking and downright cowardly behaviour which results in the victim having no opportunity to put up a fair fight or respond then it ceases to have a versus component, being entirely one-sided and so is "Versus" anyone.

It can't be called "fair game" when someone is condoning behaviour which is just the opposite of fair.

Just players acting like cowards and endlessly claiming it to be something else.
    PVP = player vs player. If you are fighting against another play regardless of their ability to defend themselves, it is still player vs player.

10+ Year Old Account

Nobody said it had to be a fair fight.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

If you really think it is that bad open a ticket with examples and names and see what happens. It really just sounds like some bad times on a pvp server that might not be the place for you. If the pvp is too heavy for you out there either stay in a group or stop going there. If you don't want to do that then you may want to look at rerolling/transfering.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said world pvp was fair? If it was lvl 90's wouldn't be able to kill lvl 10 toons. Fair is an out dated concept for anybody over the age of 5. It might be a d bag move to keep killing the same person all the time, but it isn't going to stop because it isn't fair.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was this large problem you think it is sweeping multiple servers then it would be addressed. Somehow all these other players on pvp servers are getting by, maybe you can figure out how they do it or realize a pvp server or that realm just might not be for you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Been ganked, have ganked. No sympathy from me. It's part of the gist of PVP realms.

i do play on exclusively a PVE server, i was on PVP (magtheridon us) server since day 1 vanilla, until mid cata. i switched because the pvp community stooped from trying any "fair" pvp to only engaging in one sided ganks. also because cata brought alot of high levels to, or near leveling zones it was unfun to try to level any alts. the real issue with pve servers i have found is that i rolled pve because i was tired of pvp. i dont even do BG pvp anymore. well when you are doing a world boss or something there is always some idiot on the opposite faction that will trick an idiot of your faction into flagging, and then before you know it your whole raid is flagged, not because you are pvping, but because you healed/buffed or something and now when you're fighting this boss you have a hunter plinking you in the face. the other thing that im sure does account for griefing is on pve servers when someone agroes for instance all the trash at the base of ordos to him mid fight and wipes you. i assume someones going to respond well noob your group should beable to kill them, and i will protectively say its a pug, at this stage of the game lets be happy the pug people know what spells are rather than just auto attacking

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If it was this large problem you think it is sweeping multiple servers then it would be addressed. Somehow all these other players on pvp servers are getting by, maybe you can figure out how they do it or realize a pvp server or that realm just might not be for you.
    Except PvP server is fine for me. People can't seem to actually think, they'd rather respond with 'derp go PvE server'. PvP server =/= Timeless Isle. Timeless Isle is a unique situation relative to how PvP servers usually function, that's why the PvP server griefing 'rules' shouldn't be handled in absolute terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Nobody said it had to be a fair fight.
    Sure. But when it's NEVER fair, what's the point? Are unfair fights something that deserve a whole server type?

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    PVP = player vs player. If you are fighting against another play regardless of their ability to defend themselves, it is still player vs player.
    You missed the 'versus' part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Been ganked, have ganked. No sympathy from me. It's part of the gist of PVP realms.
    It's way past simple ganking. That's the thing, like I said I've been on a PvP server for 7 years, it's never been like this. The best way to describe the situation is group oriented griefing(is it griefing or grieving?).
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-04-15 at 06:03 AM.

At what point are people reportable for harassment or griefing? When there is a group of people killing anyone that spawns in a graveyard for literally hours, is it not harassment? Are you really going to call that 'PvP'? Several times people would go and fight back, the people would disappear for 3 minutes and then they're back. Is it not griefing not allowing people to play just for your own lols?
    OP understand this very clearly. If you are getting graveyard camped outdoors it is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY your own fault. You have many, many, many ways you can get out of that situation if you wanted to as any character and if you're too nub to learn how then you have noone to blame but yourself. Its part of the learning process on a PvP server learning how to fight back or get urself out of dodgey situations.

I absolutely despise players like you. You join a PvP server and expect that people are going to come along bow to you, wait for your cooldowns and have a jolly little 1v1. Get fking real you moron.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-04-15 at 11:42 AM.

I just don't think it's outrageous to prefer PvP server style(enemy factions able to attack at any time, the other way makes no sense) without having to CONSTANTLY put up with griefers. Like I said, there is a middleground with the PvP/PvE server rules that doesn't exist. So until it does, I suggest people get used to these complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    OP understand this very clearly. If you are getting graveyard camped outdoors it is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY your own fault. You have many, many, many ways you can get out of that situation if you wanted to as any character and if you're too nub to learn how then you have noone to blame but yourself. Its part of the learning process on a PvP server learning how to fight back or get urself out of dodgey situations.

I absolutely despise players like you. You join a PvP server and expect that people are going to come along bow to you, wait for your cooldowns and have a jolly little 1v1. Get fking real you moron.
    And most ignorant post goes tooooo...

You're probably one of the people ganking people in groups of 10. I don't expect people like you to even begin to give a coherent unbiased response.
    Too many players have the 'YOU MAD' response attitude. It makes them look superior in game, but in reality those people are immature and pathetic. Anyone 'getting off' off of peoples frustration needs serious help.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-04-15 at 06:19 AM.

Deleted
    There will never be another type of server which basicly grants no ganking, but outdoor pvp (how is this even possible). So if people do not agree with your, we're "pathetic" and "immature". Sure way to actually lose all the credibility.