Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

-snip-
    Semi recently did my first play through of this game, have to say I was a little disappointing compared to the previous game. The story felt a lot better; however, the game play and scary-factor wasn't there like the first one.

Anyone suggest other types of these games for me to play?
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-04-15 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Outlast, and SOMA.
    Also F.E.A.R. 1-2 (On Sale on GreenManGaming) if you're into FPS with your Horror - They're all much better than A Machine For Pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Also F.E.A.R. 1-2 (On Sale on GreenManGaming) if you're into FPS with your Horror - They're all much better than A Machine For Pigs.
    A Machine for Pigs was more about the story than it was about the horror.

OH! Don't forget The Vanishing of Ethan Carter!

Slender.

I mean if you're after a brutally unfair game that scares the shit of you, but is pretty light on the game aspect.

Slender: the Arrival is a lot more polished and longer (still pretty short) and nowhere near as hard, I enjoyed both but the original Slender remains one of very few games to legitimately scare me to the point that I wanted to stop playing lol.

I also remember the original Alone in the Dark was fucking scary. Also the early Resident Evils, when they were still survival horror instead of action games (my favourite: the remake of RE1). Doom 3 had its moments but overall wasn't a great game, either as horror or as an FPS.

FEAR had some great... moments, but I found the game way too linear for its length and the story is pretty monotonous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Outlast seems scary as fuck. I've never been able to play scary games myself (since im such a little whimp), but from what i saw on youtube, when angryjoe played it, it looked pretty freaking scary.

So this is basically a ''suggest me a game'' thread in disguise, which we have one stickied

A Machine for Pigs had quite a good story and I think thats pretty much the strong point of the game, but it wasn't as scary as The Dark Descent, not even close. Also the game got overshadowed by Outlast badly, hope their next game will be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Outlast, and SOMA.
    SOMA only in 2015.

I recommend:

- Silent Hill 2
    - System Shock 2
    - Fatal Frame II Crimson Butterfly
    - Dead Space
    - Penumbra Series
    - Alone in the Dark
    Last edited by mmocda37b2a89b; 2014-04-15 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Penumbra: Black Plague

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Penumbra: Black Plague
    Agreed, if you liked Amnesia, play the Penumbra games as those were the games Frictional made before Amnesia and they have a similar atmosphere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    -snip-
    Semi recently did my first play through of this game, have to say I was a little disappointing compared to the previous game. The story felt a lot better; however, the game play and scary-factor wasn't there like the first one.

Anyone suggest other types of these games for me to play?
    Outlast. Trust me,you won't be disappointed,especially if you're going to play in the dark.Alone. It scares the shi* out of you even during the day.