Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Rehgar owned an orc slave and Rehgar himself was a slave before he became a slave owner.
    Crimson Ring was/is an underground organization that operated in secret all over Azeroth (not just Orgrimmar), they weren't handing out brochures to Thrall inviting him to come watch. So while Thrall might have known of its existence, he likely wouldn't know the specifics of who was fighting where or when. Nor the demographics and locations of the gladiators.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-04-15 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Crimson Ring was/is an underground organization that operated in secret all over Azeroth (not just Orgrimmar), they weren't handing out brochures to Thrall inviting him to come watch. So while Thrall might have known of its existence, he likely wouldn't know the specifics of who was fighting where or when.
    Even so, Rehgar enslaved an orc and Thrall still keeps him as an advisor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even so, Rehgar enslaved an orc and Thrall still keeps him as an advisor.
    If Thrall even knows about Bloodeye Redfist.

Can also look at it as Rehgar bought Bloodeye out of a bad situation, then allowed him to earn his freedom to become partners.

Deleted
    It's always useful to keep close a dude who knows how to handle a luuuucrative business.
    What's the point of having advisors that think just like you? You need a variety of opinions, some just for lols...

It's possible Thrall didn't know of any orc slaves in the Crimson Ring. Or none of them fought publicly in Orgrimmar's arena.

Jaina certainly fell into that category when she enslaved the water elementals. Thrall wasn't screaming for her death over it.
    Elementals aren't people, plus she was kind of in a state of grief not enslaving elementals for the hell of it.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Elementals aren't people
    I don't think the "elementals aren't people" argument works when this is concerning Thrall, super-shaman. Also, they are sentient and personally begged for his help.

plus she was kind of in a state of grief not enslaving elementals for the hell of it.
    So Thrall can make value judgements on a case-by-case basis and doesn't blanket judge everyone who enslaved others equally with "DESERVES WORSE THAN DEATH" (in contrast to what your quote indicated, which was my point). Why can't he have also made the same kind of individual judgement for Rehgar?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-04-15 at 07:33 AM.

I don't think the "elementals aren't people" argument works when this is concerning Thrall, super-shaman. Also, they are sentient and personally begged for his help.

So Thrall can make value judgements on a case-by-case basis and doesn't blanket judge everyone who enslaved others equally with "DESERVES WORSE THAN DEATH" (in contrast to what your quote indicated). Why can't he have also made the same kind of individual judgement for Rehgar?
    Cause Reghar was experiencing no mental distress and slavery was a means to fill his pockets not a means to an end.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause Reghar was experiencing no mental distress and slavery was a means to fill his pockets not a means to an end.
    Rehgar allowed one of his orc slaves to earn his freedom. Bloodeye held no grudge and even became partners with Rehgar afterwards. Plus, Rehgar retired due to a change of heart, becoming peace-hippy, before being appointed as Thrall's adviser.

Rehgar allowed one of his orc slaves to earn his freedom. Bloodeye held no grudge and even became partners with Rehgar afterwards. Plus, he retired due to a change of heart, becoming peace-hippy, before becoming Thrall's adviser.
    Which is all terrible writing.
    Twas brillig

Rehgar allowed one of his orc slaves to earn his freedom. Bloodeye held no grudge and even became partners with Rehgar afterwards. Plus, Rehgar retired due to a change of heart, becoming peace-hippy, before being appointed as Thrall's adviser.
    Stockholm Syndrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stockholm Syndrome.
    Making a fortune doing something enjoyable probably helped. I'm assuming Bloodeye enjoyed it since he continued fighting as a gladiator after earning his freedom.

Deleted
    Jaina certainly fell into that category when she enslaved the water elementals. Thrall wasn't screaming for her death over it.
    Being enslaved by Jaina might be one of Thrall's secret fetishes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is one of the worst characters of all time.

A very badly written character.

To be honest the Forsaken plot in Wotlk and Cata kind of stunk.

There was all this build up about fighting the scourge and they fight Vrykul, Non-Scourge Ghosts, and Scarlets in Northrend but I think they've got like... two quests that actually fight "The Scourge".

And then they don't show up after the wrathgate really aside from Sylvanas personally.

There's not a lot of attention to the fallout after the wrathgate other than some dialogue with orc guards in UC that never seemed to quite match up to what was going on so it felt unpolished.

And it never made a lot of sense that they'd be okay with raising more Forsaken one of the 'things' about them in Vanilla was that they didn't spread undeath and in the RPG and Nathanos's original quest dialogue it was said they'd mindfree existing scourge to bolster their numbers.

The Val'kyr feel thematically awkward amidst the Forsaken.
    I think blizzards orginal plan was to make sylvanus a complex character, not evil but controversial, but then decided to make her a more power hungry eventually gonna go to far character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Slavery is pretty good thing from economical standpoint, and as someone pointed out, peons are pretty much slaves anyway.
    So i don't think thrall would like to undermine his own economy.

To be honest the Forsaken plot in Wotlk and Cata kind of stunk.

There was all this build up about fighting the scourge and they fight Vrykul, Non-Scourge Ghosts, and Scarlets in Northrend but I think they've got like... two quests that actually fight "The Scourge".

And then they don't show up after the wrathgate really aside from Sylvanas personally.

There's not a lot of attention to the fallout after the wrathgate other than some dialogue with orc guards in UC that never seemed to quite match up to what was going on so it felt unpolished.

And it never made a lot of sense that they'd be okay with raising more Forsaken one of the 'things' about them in Vanilla was that they didn't spread undeath and in the RPG and Nathanos's original quest dialogue it was said they'd mindfree existing scourge to bolster their numbers.

The Val'kyr feel thematically awkward amidst the Forsaken.
    Yeah, sadly the 'vengeful undead' role was taken up by the Ebon Blade and the Alliance lost the whole 'silver hand fighting the undead' angle to the argent dawn all the way back in vanilla. At least Jaina/Sylvannas got to show up in the ICC 5 mans but the alliance horde had little to do post wrathgate. Which is especially sad for the blood elves and forsaken, the two playable nations that suffered the most from the scourge. Dalaran is involved in yogg and the nexus war instead, Stormwind wasn't involved in the third war and Ironforge's lost expedition with Muradin was minor in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karrosene View Post
    I think blizzards orginal plan was to make sylvanus a complex character, not evil but controversial, but then decided to make her a more power hungry eventually gonna go to far character.
    Her, and the Forsaken in general, were more appealing to me when they were the underdogs with enemies on all sides doing what they had to to survive. Now that they're military powerhouse in their own right and raising new undead they lose a lot of their appeal for me.

- - - Updated - - -

So Thrall can make value judgements on a case-by-case basis and doesn't blanket judge everyone who enslaved others equally with "DESERVES WORSE THAN DEATH" (in contrast to what your quote indicated, which was my point). Why can't he have also made the same kind of individual judgement for Rehgar?
    I can see the argument for Rhegar. Gallywix was just a facepalm moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't you post something like this on scrolls of lore? but it was about Rehgar Earthfury?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Thrall is one of the worst characters of all time.

A very badly written character.
    *looks at Tekkommo's signature, then snorts with laughter*
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    His name is "thrall", I take that as a pretty strong statement of his opinion on the matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh right, I forgot that the early liches were the remnants of Ner'zhul's spellcasters.

Still, they were drawn from the ranks of the Horde of Draenor, which Orcs in Thrall's Horde are hostile to. And hadn't had any contact with for a long time.
    His name is actually Go'el. Thrall was his slave name, given to him by Aedelas Blackmoore.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    His name is actually Go'el. Thrall was his slave name, given to him by Aedelas Blackmoore.
    And he chose to keep Thrall as his name. Only Aggra calls him Go'El.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    And he chose to keep Thrall as his name. Only Aggra calls him Go'El.
    No, he didn't. He specifically chose to be called Go'el.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.