Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    At Blizzcon they said you could place your Garrison anywhere on Draenor. Very disappointed that you're assigned the same generic plot of land as everyone else now. Would like to ask Blizzard about this change. Or atleast for clarification if this isn't the case still. I've seen screenshots of Garrisons in several different areas. (although all of those areas coincidentally being Alliance Garrisons in different areas of Shadowmoon Valley.)

    "In a patch after release, Proving Grounds will be made to do a better job of telling you what you are doing wrong, rather than just being a test."

    Are they seeing players as mentally retarded? I mean clearly if u dont pass proving grounds u should already know why that is.
    Since when was constructive criticism from the game itself, and consequently blizzard, the makers of said game, bad?
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2014-04-15 at 11:33 PM.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    At Blizzcon they said you could place your Garrison anywhere on Draenor. Very disappointed that you're assigned the same generic plot of land as everyone else now. Would like to ask Blizzard about this change. Or atleast for clarification if this isn't the case still. I've seen screenshots of Garrisons in several different areas. (although all of those areas coincidentally being Alliance Garrisons in different areas of Shadowmoon Valley.)


    Since when was constructive criticism from the game itself, and consequently blizzard, the makers of said game, bad?
    Either the garrison can teleport somehow, or you pick an area at the start and teleport to it yourself.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    i disagree, i like lore and reading and fantasy and all that nerd shit. however, i don't read quests in this game because i cant be fucked to know the lore around collecting 15 cow pies. if those quests don't have an essay written about them but the cool ones about orcs smashing up the place do i'm more inclined to start reading quests again, giving me more immersion.

    see, opinions

    I CARE about lore. Without lore, funny characters, cute little stories developed in side quests, the game is just a boring collecting 15 cow pies and I see no point in collecting 15 cow pies.

    The point is the game was more than simply collecting 15 cow pies : musics, stories, warcraft lore, humor, epicness, exploration, landscape, pvp, raids, meetings people and so on

    but more and more (since cataclysm but I'm totally panicked by what I read for WoD) they remove all flavor of the game, trying to make it a Diablo 4.

    and I don't care for Diablo !

  4. #84
    You won't be able to queue for Heroic Dungeons or LFR until you have a certain level of Proving Ground achievements.

    This is alienation of a majority of players, How could Blizzard just cave under the elitist's pressuring them this is BS and should not be tolerated everyone should they pay the monthly fee to play has a right to play!

  5. #85
    Pandaren Monk Bantokar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Denmark/USA
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by steinmetz View Post
    You won't be able to queue for Heroic Dungeons or LFR until you have a certain level of Proving Ground achievements.

    This is alienation of a majority of players, How could Blizzard just cave under the elitist's pressuring them this is BS and should not be tolerated everyone should they pay the monthly fee to play has a right to play!
    And noone is preventing you from playing. B o o h o o that some things require a brain so you don´t ruin it for everyone else.
    8 year olds Dude.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by steinmetz View Post
    You won't be able to queue for Heroic Dungeons or LFR until you have a certain level of Proving Ground achievements.

    This is alienation of a majority of players, How could Blizzard just cave under the elitist's pressuring them this is BS and should not be tolerated everyone should they pay the monthly fee to play has a right to play!
    Elitism isn't PV silver.

    PV silver is about as basic competence as you can get. Are you not able to complete it? Sorry to break it to you, but if you can't beat silver, you're bad.

  7. #87
    "Questing: -The Jade Forest quests had a very clear story, but it also had a lot of side quests that could bog you down.
    -In Warlords of Draenor, your map will show you where to go to continue the main storyline, along with the locations of bonus objectives.
    -The bonus objectives no longer have any story text that go with them, just a list of objectives. Now when there is quest text, you will know that it is really worth reading."


    So, now questing is considered a detrimental experience... in a role-playing game. This feels like an episode of Punk'd in written form.

    So: -Instead of providing more quests, with more depth, additional complexity, offering increased challenge; instead for once developing questing as an equal at least to instanced raiding, they are going to reduce it.
    -Since big points on the map, automatic quest acceptance, and all other measures of the game playing itself for you (because clearly the average player nowadays lacks the intellect to use even a door-handle on his/her own), failed so miserably and are the primary reason for the game's decline; not the lack of content of any kind, much less open-world, role-playing content; now there will be ever-present directions. If that fails as well, in the next expansion there will be some kind of series of lighthouses spread all along the road you are supposed to take; because clearly the problem is with the lack of players' intellect, not the quality of the game and its direction away from what makes an open-world role-playing game such a game.
    -Less work for the developers, in a field where there is not much value anyway. All these years they failed to create a compelling questing experience, so they may as well give up most pretences and just have players whacking mobs. Less work, less costs to cover, the same boring tasks with the same non-immersive experience; everyone wins.

    I really don't understand how hard can it be for a, supposedly, role-playing game, with WoW's resources to do even the most basic thing about role-playing games right: offer a decent questing experience.

    Meanwhile, actual problems with the design of the questing experience, such as the fact there is only one campaign for each faction, the linearity of it, the lack of personal decision, interactivity, choices; lack of race/class/specialization/profession-tailored questing; is largely ignored.

    And in the meantime despite years of the game's community showing its indifference towards it, once more, there is a massive push to shoehorn everyone into raiding. Because grinding the same bosses week after week for gear is such an exhilarating experience and what open-world role-playing games are about. And then the developers will wonder why subscriptions decline; and Bashiok will make a post about his wondering why players don't engage in raiding content since it is there in abundance, not once going through his head that the answer is simply: because most players don't like raiding.

    This philosophy that a feature is faulty, not the developers' work on it, seems to be getting out of hand in my opinion.

  8. #88
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Elitism isn't PV silver.

    PV silver is about as basic competence as you can get. Are you not able to complete it? Sorry to break it to you, but if you can't beat silver, you're bad.
    The post we seem to be commenting on does not specify Silver as the level of PG achievement that will unlock HC5s. It can just as well be Endless 10, 30 or Bronze. Considering the overall levels of snowflake pandering in Bliz announcements so far, I expect it somewhere around Gold.
    Trying to cast people who don't want to bother with some contrived "trials" as "bads" is, indeed, elitism. Current dynamics of WoW already eliminate some of the most skillful players who simply no longer have time for all the extra shit required to stay relevant Where The Fun Is (my old friend was offsetting the grind he had no time for with his seriously mad skllz until well into Pandaland, then quit due to overflow of time-consuming compulsory crap; he was on cutting edge of HC raiding back in WotLK and Cata, but your ignorance would cast him as a bad anyway). Wish I could link his armory, but he's off for too long.
    Any attempts at justifying 7M subs forcibly sponsoring a minority (we'll see just how big, but I won't be surprised if it never gets above 1M) for which a lot of extra content is developed, is not even just elitism, it's Entitlement Princess pure and proud.
    What does one have to do with another?
    Well, if it's just Silver after adjustments to give all specs level playing field - we're all OK. Nothing special about beating it. Too bad expecting anything like this from Blizzard is a surefire recipe for sad disappointment. It will most likely be closer to Gold and in the very least as broken as current PGs. It's Blizzard we're talking about here. Which is to say, a whole "tier" of content, advertised as very well made and challenging (read: it consumed a considerable chunk of development time) will only be available to people with spare time to roll a PG-friendly spec and gather PG-friendly gear. Read: minority. I will not elaborate on moral implications of holding a position all WoW users should pay the same sub money while it's being spent on stuff most of them will never access.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Here's the thing. You know what you are doing. The entire point in requiring people to get PV silver is to prove they know what they are doing. Of course you find it redundant: you already know what you need to do.
    I'm QA, I don't mind redundancy at all. I'd LOVE some actual redundancy in this context, as in: PG minigames actually resembling group content. In my case it's not all that terribly relevant, since with Silver Tank and Gold Damage I'm already past the gate, but all borderline cases when people are very useful in actual groups while struggling with PG will be screwed. YES, I've read it the first time, Bliz said they will change PGs. So what? I'm just a WotLK kid, but I did have the time to see just how much to expect from such statements.



    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    What? Why is that a problem? It would, like... re-sacred them. Doing lower level dungeons scaled at max level would be a dream come true.
    VP go away, so no more valour speedruns. This actually makes sense, as long as it doesn't replace speed levelling of alts by heirlooms with paid boosts entirely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    That, and about your GF: Healing specs dont start to suffer in PV till gold rank.
    No. She was struggling with last stages of Silver Healing PG on her holy priest while already dominating LFRuns with people 10-20ilvls above her. Then she used her newly dinged resto shammy in timeless "gear" and breezed through both Silver and Gold. Same player, maybe slightly improved skill, an order of magnitude improvement in PG results.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Base competency is all silver requires.
    No. It reqiures either high competency or a spec compatible with its gimmicky design. I can agree about damage, neither my hunter nor DK had any problem with it. Can't say about tanking besides doing Silver on first try with my DK, which doesn't actually mean anything to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    If you can't clear silver PV, then you have no business being in LFR, since you won't do anything but drag everyone down with your blatant incompetence.
    Pure unadulterated bullshit. Once again, mah gurl was already a dominating carrier in LFR while still struggling with PG Silver. Same toon and same player, just a completely different game.
    Of course, once you accepted the "PG = Competence" dogma, I can't really expect you to believe any of that.

    If PG made any actual sense in any context, I would actually shout out loud to make it also a gate for LFR so that I wouldn't see so many people queuing as dps, coming on a blood DK in Timeless gear and doing 22k.
    But they don't and there's much more than not knowing your class that contributes to LFR wipes.
    What will it actually be in WoD, time will tell, but considering the consistent string of failures in design, balance and so on in recent years I don't expect it to be any better in any aspect, particularly as a check to see whether you have what it takes to complete tough group content.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    The post we seem to be commenting on does not specify Silver as the level of PG achievement that will unlock HC5s. It can just as well be Endless 10, 30 or Bronze. Considering the overall levels of snowflake pandering in Bliz announcements so far, I expect it somewhere around Gold.
    Trying to cast people who don't want to bother with some contrived "trials" as "bads" is, indeed, elitism. Current dynamics of WoW already eliminate some of the most skillful players who simply no longer have time for all the extra shit required to stay relevant Where The Fun Is (my old friend was offsetting the grind he had no time for with his seriously mad skllz until well into Pandaland, then quit due to overflow of time-consuming compulsory crap; he was on cutting edge of HC raiding back in WotLK and Cata, but your ignorance would cast him as a bad anyway). Wish I could link his armory, but he's off for too long.
    Any attempts at justifying 7M subs forcibly sponsoring a minority (we'll see just how big, but I won't be surprised if it never gets above 1M) for which a lot of extra content is developed, is not even just elitism, it's Entitlement Princess pure and proud.
    What does one have to do with another?
    Well, if it's just Silver after adjustments to give all specs level playing field - we're all OK. Nothing special about beating it. Too bad expecting anything like this from Blizzard is a surefire recipe for sad disappointment. It will most likely be closer to Gold and in the very least as broken as current PGs. It's Blizzard we're talking about here. Which is to say, a whole "tier" of content, advertised as very well made and challenging (read: it consumed a considerable chunk of development time) will only be available to people with spare time to roll a PG-friendly spec and gather PG-friendly gear. Read: minority. I will not elaborate on moral implications of holding a position all WoW users should pay the same sub money while it's being spent on stuff most of them will never access.

    I'm QA, I don't mind redundancy at all. I'd LOVE some actual redundancy in this context, as in: PG minigames actually resembling group content. In my case it's not all that terribly relevant, since with Silver Tank and Gold Damage I'm already past the gate, but all borderline cases when people are very useful in actual groups while struggling with PG will be screwed. YES, I've read it the first time, Bliz said they will change PGs. So what? I'm just a WotLK kid, but I did have the time to see just how much to expect from such statements.




    VP go away, so no more valour speedruns. This actually makes sense, as long as it doesn't replace speed levelling of alts by heirlooms with paid boosts entirely.


    No. She was struggling with last stages of Silver Healing PG on her holy priest while already dominating LFRuns with people 10-20ilvls above her. Then she used her newly dinged resto shammy in timeless "gear" and breezed through both Silver and Gold. Same player, maybe slightly improved skill, an order of magnitude improvement in PG results.


    No. It reqiures either high competency or a spec compatible with its gimmicky design. I can agree about damage, neither my hunter nor DK had any problem with it. Can't say about tanking besides doing Silver on first try with my DK, which doesn't actually mean anything to me.


    Pure unadulterated bullshit. Once again, mah gurl was already a dominating carrier in LFR while still struggling with PG Silver. Same toon and same player, just a completely different game.
    Of course, once you accepted the "PG = Competence" dogma, I can't really expect you to believe any of that.

    If PG made any actual sense in any context, I would actually shout out loud to make it also a gate for LFR so that I wouldn't see so many people queuing as dps, coming on a blood DK in Timeless gear and doing 22k.
    But they don't and there's much more than not knowing your class that contributes to LFR wipes.
    What will it actually be in WoD, time will tell, but considering the consistent string of failures in design, balance and so on in recent years I don't expect it to be any better in any aspect, particularly as a check to see whether you have what it takes to complete tough group content.

    I was assuming silver because numerous blue posts prior to that one had noted that they were considering challenge mode silver for queing in certain modes.

    That said, you are very obviouslly mad. And I stand by what I said: If you cannot pass PV silver. You are bad. You may not think you are. But you are.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    They are changing them for WoD. Nor is silver hard for any spec.



    Thats my point. Some people DONT learn these things. This isn't a difficult concept. If you know them, you spend all of ten minutes in the PV to show you know your class. If you don't know how to play your class, you won't pass the PV. When I did proving grounds, I marched in as a fury spec and had finished silver with zero difficulty because I actually knew how to play my class. On the other hand, people in my guild were struggling with it, and sure enough, they were the sorts who push half as much DPS as they should be in their gear.
    then the arguement is surely to fix the F-ing game's 100 levels to teach this stuff, rather than dumb it down then bandaid in a PV requirement for endgame? Surely? or does the Bliz "solution" seam fucking arsebackwards to anyone else
    ?

  11. #91
    I kinda like having the PG's silver achievement giving players the ability to bypass the base ilvl requirement deal (if that's still on the table, I know the devs were tossing that about back in early discussions). Would hope it would be account wide for each class type you get the 'cheev' with. We'll see how it goes. Overall, I still think WoD will go the route of Cata, but people will still play it (like me) regardless. I'm very unenthusiastic about just about everything in the new xpac. The only thing I'm really excited about is the more direct flightmaster paths... which is kinda sad. But hey, we're getting Garrisons to fill all our time killing and multi profession needs... that's got to account for something, right? Also, still no shaman tanking so I guess I better get to trying the "You're Doing It Wrong" PG tank 'cheev' on my shaman before we can't any more.

  12. #92
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    I was assuming silver because numerous blue posts prior to that one had noted that they were considering challenge mode silver for queing in certain modes.

    That said, you are very obviouslly mad. And I stand by what I said: If you cannot pass PV silver. You are bad. You may not think you are. But you are.
    Bad & mad. Hell yeah. I actually have a tshirt saying just that.
    Something tells me you were trying to imply I'm also wrong.
    Oh well, here. Have a lollipop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •