Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Less time spent thinking of quest text and story = more time spent elsewhere.

Most people don't read the text anyways, so who cares.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Please kill 15 boars. See, what happened is that my grandpappy came and settled on this land before the first war. He raised a bunch of cattle then the boar came and at first they stole our grass. Then they started mating with the cattle and he got weird boar cattle hybrids. Soon it was all out war with the boar, and well we've just been fighting ever since.

Here, would you like to see my teapot collection? You know I got this one from my grandpappy, and this one as a prize for winning the best tea in Stormwind.

My wife is also pretty, don't you think? See we're nice people, so you should kill boar for us. Oh would you like to hear my family history? Sure.

Stuff

Stuff

Stuff"

Some players LIKE to read quests the first time around, but most don't even read it the first time around, and the ones who do don't read it after that. My girlfriend likes the game but she NEVER reads the quest text, she asks me to explain what's going on lore wise all the time. Half the time I just have to tell her "Uh this dude just really hates boars because they've been eating his vegetables and stuff, so he's going to reward us if we kill a bunch of boars".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Side quests should not be affected by this as far as I'm aware. Side quests are not bonus objectives.
    That is true, they have announced that Bonus Objectives aren't on the same level as side quests. Not even quests.

The bonus objectives we've already seen weren't quests at all, just an additional task if you feel like doing it. That is why I cannot see why some think that most the content would be bonus objectives...

.. unless the mix it up with side quests and main quests?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is true, they have announced that Bonus Objectives aren't on the same level as side quests. Not even quests.

The bonus objectives we've already seen weren't quests at all, just an additional task if you feel like doing it. That is why I cannot see why some think that most the content would be bonus objectives...

.. unless the mix it up with side quests and main quests?
    The whole panic started because the guys being interviewed at PAX don't know how to explain anything to people.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    The whole panic started because the guys being interviewed at PAX don't know how to explain anything to people.
    The guy to the right was busy advertising key features no one asked about, because everyone already knows. But in the interview it already became kind of clear what they were going for (had to watch it myself to realise). It was more the simplyfied bullet points of MMO-C that brought this on, with their lack of context.

And they will surely change the questing structure. If they felt the need to advertise these changes as something worth mentioning there will be more than 1-3 bonus objectives per zone. How much the distribution changes is everyones guess, unless you have first or at least second hand knowledge of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Side quests should not be affected by this as far as I'm aware. Side quests are not bonus objectives.
    Why even mention side quests at all? They came out and said that side quests bogged down players in Jade Forest. It would make little sense to mention this and then talk about bonus objectives. It is pretty obvious that the side quests that bogged down players are gonna become bonus objectives. The way you seem to think they are doing is adding more quests with bonus objectives while keeping side quests that bogged players down, this makes little sense. The bonus objectives IMO will take out the boring side quests and keep the main quests and more interesting side quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Why even mention side quests at all? They came out and said that side quests bogged down players in Jade Forest. It would make little sense to mention this and then talk about bonus objectives. It is pretty obvious that the side quests that bogged down players are gonna become bonus objectives. The way you seem to think they are doing is adding more quests with bonus objectives while keeping side quests that bogged players down, this makes little sense. The bonus objectives IMO will take out the boring side quests and keep the main quests and more interesting side quests.
    There's a difference between side quests and side storylines. You'll still have your main storyline, followed by your offshoots that wrap themselves up, but the frill that comes attached to both (kill/collect/plant X) will be converted into these bonus objectives.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, let's admit it, Blizzard hasn't explained well what they are going to do. Let's not jump to conclusions and wait for the actual release. If it is just bonus objectives as in SWTOR when you get like miniquests inside the main quests, then it is not that bad (although those quests were the main reason for me to leave SWTOR, I understand that some people actually liked them). If, however, they want to leave only the main story and to remove text from all other quests... I will cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    "The bonus objectives no longer have any story text that go with them, just a list of objectives. Now when there is quest text, you will know that it is really worth reading"

can you please make questing even more boring as it is
    Just to goes to show no matter what Blizzard do, someone, somewhere, will complain. And twist the arguments. I like to ask, do you have the Well Read achievement?

As a lore nerd, I'm 100% fine with the notion of only important/storyline quests having text and everything else just being, "Hey, do this and we'll give you some XP/money and maybe an item."

Just make everyone happy by distinguishing the main lore quests from side quests with different colored '!'. Write up a paragraph or two of side quest bs so those that claim to want to read something are happy and get to spend hours reading while the rest of us can still quickly click accept and move on to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    You don't go through all the Quest Text anyway, and they're removing it from non-Story Quests, side quests that are literally; "Go get my 10 Pelts because I said so".

I see no issue with this, I want to know the objectives, and get it done A.S.A.P.
    Honestly, this. Unless they like completely redesigned their questing (which honestly I think should be a thing to be considered--I don't know how, exactly, but I feel like WoD questing is a good step in the right direction), I feel like this is a good option. They don't have to make up a bunch of random BS to explain why we have to go kill certain things/get certain things from the things we kill that many people don't read anywho. Yet, for things which are actually important to lore and such--we will now clearly know. A part of me might feel somewhat sad, but I understand this is illogical as I didn't read anything anyways.