Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    *Pat*

I wish I still had this kind of optimism. The reality is that blizzard is probably just doing whatever they can to cut costs and line their pockets before this thing goes under.
    that´s not reality, that´s your pessimistic anti blizz bullcrap

ok so the elitist minority that rushes through game without consuming lore content at all is in this tread so far. some of us, silent majority do like the fact that there is a written thing as well, especially on lore or immersive playthroughs. saying "kill 5 boars" is boring and no text at all on these side objectives is a rushed out lazy choice
    1) Stop lying
    2) You're the minority, no one read the quests.

Deleted
    I dont think you're getting this........ you will still have your 100 or so quests in the zone. All the "side quests" are labelled Bonus Objectives now. They're making MORE quests. But these bonus objectives arnt picked up. They just randomly apear in your quest log when you walk into X zone.

I read quest text when I haven't done the quest before, but now, since I have like 12 highlevel alts, I tend to know what they're about. I would prefer that they put a story into it, instead of no-context shopping list, but if they can put those resources on more lore elsewhere, I guess I approve.

I feel that they tried hard to bring us up to speed on the races and lore of pandaria, and added bits and pieces as we advanced through dungeons and raids, which I like. Only problem with this for me, is that I don't really care about pandaren lore, but I do care about orcish, so I hope they do the same in WoD.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    *Pat*

I wish I still had this kind of optimism. The reality is that blizzard is probably just doing whatever they can to cut costs and line their pockets before this thing goes under.
    Honestly, there there isn't much optimism in it. I am just trying to keep my head above the water, and not judge it all down before I've given it a chance.

I think they are messing a little too much with things these days. Sometimes it does work out, other times they take away vital parts of the game that pulled me in in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    This is basicly how I feel aswell. It makes me worried. I am not gonna fully judge it just yet, but I know I don't like gathering stuff if I don't get explained why. I also love those mini stories about that total stranger far out there in Azeroth. Why he lives by the lake, and what's up with him or the fish there, that makes him incapable of getting them by himself.

I am one of those who would also hate to see grey items go. They add flavour. Flavour is cool. Details are cool. Details matter a lot, even the tiniest one.
    Yes, when you're trying to make azeroth a living breathing world details mean everything. I agree.

After all their talk over the years about getting people back out into the world, I can't believe they will think of doing something so stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    that´s not reality, that´s your pessimistic anti blizz bullcrap
    We will know after wod finishes..if we end up with less content/ longer waiting times before the next expansion then it's obvious they aren't doing something right.

Deleted
    I do read the quest text, all of it, for every quest. But they're removing it for quests like "kill 10 followers of X" and stuff like that, sidequests that only have irrelevant quest text anyway. Instead they'll be putting that effort into writing good quest text where it matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Who even bothers to read quests lol?
    No one, just click through and look at the side panel to see what you need to do and then the map to see where to go. One quest out of the way? Fuck it. Abandon.

Deleted
    Nobody reads quest texts,OP. Sure,it does seem like laziness from Blizzard,but after all why would they spend their time doing something nobody will pay attention to? The time spent writing quest texts can be spent on doing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Less work put into things that have barely anything to do with the zone story; more work put into things that have something to do with the zone story.

Or you can put that more work elsewhere.
    I already said this in a reply to the frontpage news, the 90-100 leveling experience better be really awesome then. We get Timeless Isle which is a joke and I am pretty sure was very simple for them to create (barely any quests, reused models (a lot!) and very small zone, etc.). Then they say they don't have time to create more content because of WoD but we still have to wait a year. On top of that their team is 40% bigger. We are also paying $10 more. So yeah, WoD better be extremely good.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2014-04-15 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    We will know after wod finishes..if we end up with less content/ longer waiting times before the next expansion then it's obvious they aren't doing something right.
    what do you mean by less content? compared to what? what´s been announced so far is already a ton of stuff to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    what do you mean by less content? compared to what? what´s been announced so far is already a ton of stuff to do
    Like 12months of nothingness, even f2p alternatives offer more content than that.

I liked reading them. I didn't read every single quest but if I wasn't rushing I'd read. I enjoyed some of the background they gave so this is bad news, unless hopefully it means they can expand the actual story text then I can get on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I do read the quest text, all of it, for every quest. But they're removing it for quests like "kill 10 followers of X" and stuff like that, sidequests that only have irrelevant quest text anyway. Instead they'll be putting that effort into writing good quest text where it matters.
    Really? It didn't say that on the frontpage. No one has a clue what they will be doing with that left over effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    It's for bonus objectives; I don't see it as a problem.
    You see, this is the biggest question I have.

I haven't yet read the full article (I might not, depends on whether I can be arsed or not), but are we not just talking about the objectives that come up as the random events that are being pushed in WoD? As in, all the quest text is still going to be in there as normal, but these bonus objectives are merely part of the additional levelling "events" that are being put in?

I'm happy to be corrected if anyone has read the actual interview.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, those great times where it was "get quest, tab out and look up quest on wowwiki/wowpedia/thottbot, do quest". Those times were so amazing.
    Except, not everybody does that. And I'd go further and say that no new players do it or, at worst, only a small percentage do.

The game has no problem with retaining long-term players and fanboys, just look at this thread. It has a problem retaining new players coming in, and I'm not sure bum-rushing them through everything is the solution.

You can create a larger list of all the things they are removing than what they are adding in WOD....With all the things they are removing/ not doing why is it taking so long compared to past expansions >.<
    I'm actually thinking that it's the new file structure that's taking the time. CASC, is it? I don't know enough about programming (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), but I doubt changing the file structure for an entire game is a small undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Except Blizzard's current approach is "less work here, so that over here we can do...errr....less work as well".
    Yeah, that's my worry. It's cool to say that cutting a corner here will add more to something over there, but there's really no evidence that's happening. The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King had more than enough raid content for players, but they both also shipped with significantly more dungeons than we get now; arguably the most resource-demanding content.

Nowadays they seem to just take things away, and that's it. They're gone. All of the "you can have what you want... Or a raid tier" jokes got old, but there's still the rub of truth in them and it's possibly another reason why the game is failing to hold players. Raiding is a turn-off for most people, and the majority of players keep losing things in order to sustain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I am a little worried about this, as I find the tiny quests to add flavour.
    Another thoughtful post, Duridi.

But your first sentence sums it up - I don't think anybody would argue that "The Day Deathwing Came" wasn't a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    I dont think you're getting this........ you will still have your 100 or so quests in the zone. All the "side quests" are labelled Bonus Objectives now. They're making MORE quests. But these bonus objectives arnt picked up. They just randomly apear in your quest log when you walk into X zone.
    Do you have a specific source for this? From the information I know (and I'm honestly asking you if I've missed something), you're making several conclusions there that aren't really justified.

Deleted
    Like 12months of nothingness, even f2p alternatives offer more content than that.
    i thought we were talking about wod? oO
    i don´t get this attitude at all, do people really have to be subbed all the time from vanilla till the end of time? what do you mean by nothingnness? there´s plenty of thiings to do ingame, if the only thing that interests you is raids then that´s your problem not blizzards.
    it really blows my mind, if i´m bored of something i just simply stop doing that something. not a hard concept is it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    Like, yak-washing, finding and redeeming draenei traitors in Hellfire Peninsula, rebuilding little goblin crafts, saving the pandaren babies from evil witches with jade-powers and so on and so forth. I dunno how it'll work out in practice, but if all I get up to in a zone are world-saving antics with Thrall and co. the game might lose a lot of its flavour and tone. D;
    ...and this! I love these side-quests. If I am not that interested in the main story of a zone, they keep the remaining quests feel less tedious.

I am not all that interested in the warlords on Draenor. I do have an interest in the people that live on Draenor though. Even if it's just a tiny bit of useless info, it's still nice to hear what they have to say, do what they do, and need what they need. We'll have to wait and see...

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought we were talking about wod? oO
    We are, you asked for a comparison of less content.

if i´m bored of something i just simply stop doing that something. not a hard concept is it?
    I haven't played wow since November, doesn't mean i've stopped liking and caring for it, however not releasing any new content while on a subscription is insulting and i don't want wod to turn out like that. I don't understand attitudes like yours where you constantly glorify everything instead of seeing the good and the bad.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2014-04-15 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    We are, you asked for a comparison of less content.
    how does that make sense? you think they´ll release a contentless expansion called wod and the first thing that adds something will be 12 months after release?
    they´ve put out the last patch for the current expansion and now they´re working on the next, it´s like it has always been since this game exists.