Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Yeah on normal mode, or when clearing HC encounters much later with 20+ more ilvl then they were tuned for.For example Lei Shen HC on 25 was the definition of min maxing and using class utility to the fullest in his prime,obviously this doesn't apply when you kill him 5+ months later.

Likewise, Mythical will be tuned to be extremely difficult, to have people min max dps/mobility/utility/class/skill. But this will apply much more towards guilds hungry for progress that already cleared Siege last year then to guilds that haven't killed Garrosh HC yet.

P.S Warlocks at least needed massive utility/mobility nerfs. The class as a whole in WoD has been more overpowered for progression then most other classes can dream of.
    Realistically, players doing that content so under geared actually number in the low hundreds. It happens yes, but it really is a lot more about mechanics than enrages these days even for the overwhelming majority of heroic raiders.

I don't see a real problem with it other than the utility part. The longer the game goes the less there is that defines classes. Its one of the more disappointing things thats gone on since the whole " bring the player " thing. I rolled a Paladin because I wanted to be a support class, oddly one of the reason I chose Ele in this expansion is that it still had much of that feeling.

Deleted
    Current fights are not interesting though. The vast majority of them just spam aoe crap on the ground forcing you to run around as a headless chicken to avoid it while spamming your main move.

I'm happy with caster mobility getting nerfed maybe now melee will finally stop being overlooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Current fights are not interesting though. The vast majority of them just spam aoe crap on the ground forcing you to run around as a headless chicken to avoid it while spamming your main move.

I'm happy with caster mobility getting nerfed maybe now melee will finally stop being overlooked.
    Yep, and they had to nerf encounters like Siegecrafter where you do need the utility because 10s couldn't always bring it, which is why the move to 20 Mythic. Taking the tools away (which includes longer cooldowns/more shared DR) from those who do have them is going to leave 20 man raids just as likely to be short, with the same consequences.

I personally think it might get even harder. With the removal of lots of instant cast and "cast while running" taking away (except from hunters), it will sure put pressure on DMG done and healers.

But only time will tell if the new raid encounters are harder or not (only counting Mythic difficulty thou).

Restricted movement is quite fun due to the fact that they have to tune the players capability while standing still, which means that a couple of fights will be about how you can reduce the movement to the minimum, which can be fun for the guild with making up tactics (can be boring if it is too much of the same kind though.

Also for the individual player requires more skill than just pushing buttons.

When a player has to make decisions based on their mobility (or lack thereof) it makes for more interesting encounters, IMO. It also separates the smart players from the less smart players.

Making the decision between moving or finishing a cast can challenge both your survival instincts and your performance.

Moving 100% of the time without penalty takes away a large portion of decision making on a player's part effectively making an encounter less interesting.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    When they first announced 20 Mythic as the new singular format for high end raiding, they said the reasoning was to be able to make much more use of class utility to make encounters more interesting because in the larger format you'd be more likely to have said utility available, and I was pretty excited and very possitive about it. Yet now with the new announcement of class ability pruning, they've directly said that they want to reign in class utility to the lower base, rather than expand on those with little utility by offering them more. It seems like they're trying to "fix" a problem in class design, that already stopped existing with the change to the raiding model.

On top of this, they're aiming for reduced mobility for ranged classes and healers; and with encounters designed around the toolkits available, this kinda suggests that actually ranged and healers won't really be expected to move much either. So if we don't need to move, and don't have any tools left (Warlock utility is particularly passive - as strong as it is, it actually requires the other players to click it); we're not left with not a lot to do beyond DPSing stuff. Where are those moments for you to let your class 'shine' going to come in, that 20 Mythic was supposed to be all about?
    Don't need more utility with 20 man raids. Adding more shit on top of what we have now will just significantly lower the skill cap of raids etc. They have to balance everything again with the new raid size. Don't worry there will always be gimmicks that will force bringing a particular class to raid so they can shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Don't need more utility with 20 man raids. Adding more shit on top of what we have now will just significantly lower the skill cap of raids etc. They have to balance everything again with the new raid size. Don't worry there will always be gimmicks that will force bringing a particular class to raid so they can shine.
    Not sure how having tools and being made to use them lowers the skillcap compared to the alternative of not having them, and so not being asked to do any more than your DPS rotation because of they're not there.

Updated the OP to be a bit clearer on what utility actually is, and what the scaling back of it actually means.