Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    You do realise you undermine your own position??

Besides that, there are numerous issues. Ranging from health care, to family law.

Ignorance of a topic does not detract from its legitimacy. Whilst there are repugnant aspects to any movement, both masculanism and feminism, they also have areas of significance.

The feminist movement continues to be accepted as a legitimate movement, whilst any attempts to equal aspects of men to women is met with hostility. A humanist approach is best, but with this level of hostility it's unlikely. Your own hostility only legitimises the feelings of your opponents.
    Let's agree to disagree. Maybe once I feel that the "Men's Rights" movement is more for male rights than female resentment, I'll stop hating it.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2014-04-17 at 02:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Let's agree to disagree. Once the "Men's Rights" movement is more for male rights than female resentment, I'll stop hating it.
    Fair enough then mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    This is based on a survey taken over at reddit's men's rights forum.

The results are....not surprising at all really.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cxP.../viewanalytics

98% male (duh)
    98% white
    87% 17-20 yr olds
    94% non-religious
    83% strong conservative
    Most supported political issue: marijuana legalization 65%
    87% believe men are more socially disadvantaged than women
    92% believe men are legally more disadvantaged than women
    Confirmed: MRAs are a bunch of neckbearded manchildren misogynists.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    What stick and who are we beating?

Thanks for reminding me that not all white men are wealthy though, saved me a trip to the mirror.
    I'll also save you a trip back through the pages in this thread, certain individuals were implying, or just out right saying, that white men have it good on the material side of things, because most of the richest people are white men, the implication being that if you are a white man, you can't understand, or experience poverty (and your opinion on the matter has its value reduced). This is the stick. A logical fallacy to try and shame people, and sometimes silence people, if said people are being critical.

I stated quite clearly in the snippet you quoted who was being beat with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's good to see one side working so hard to keep the hate down to a minimum, bravo.
    I also enjoy the irony of their user image being a woman baring herself in an objectifying manner while blaming the "patriarchy" in one go.

15+ Year Old Account
    If any men's rights movement wants to be taken seriously, they need to kick the misogynists out. There are a few legitimate concerns, but they are drowned out by the deafening roar of upper middle class white male privilege misogynists.

It's part of the reason why the feminist movement (the real one) lost a lot of traction lately, the loud obnoxious feminazis are making a lot of noise, but they're nowhere near as representative of the feminist movement as the male privilege crowd is of the MRA/MRM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    If any men's rights movement wants to be taken seriously, they need to kick the misogynists out. There are a few legitimate concerns, but they are drowned out by the deafening roar of upper middle class white male privilege misogynists.

It's part of the reason why the feminist movement (the real one) lost a lot of traction lately, the loud obnoxious feminazis are making a lot of noise, but they're nowhere near as representative of the feminist movement as the male privilege crowd is of the MRA/MRM.

Which for the most part are supplied by your own personal anecdotes.

Neither movement deserves the labels that their dissenters give out. I've never used my encounters with feminists/seeing Mindy Binx on Youtube and said "Yep, that's all feminists". Nor have I ever seen spouters of the "friend zone phenoma" who were also MRAs describe MRAs.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-04-18 at 03:46 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    [...]neckbearded manchildren[...]
    I'm pretty sure you can't use those terms seriously on a video game forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post

Uh, it's not a club. You can't kick people out of a personal opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I always find it funny that SJWs insult everybody who does not 100% agree with them.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most feminists make up this same demographic.

Minorities don't fill in many of the feminist and MRA roles because they are likely focused on their race as a whole. Once those barriers are bypassed it could change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    I always find it funny that SJWs insult everybody who does not 100% agree with them.
    Tumblr SJWs and Reddit MRAs are cut from the same cloth. Both shirk the opposite gender while crying for equality. People who frequent /r/TRP are as disgusting as their opposites on Tumblr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    TRP is funny, but not as rage inducing hilarious as I was led to believe.
    Eh, I just find them disgusting. "If you treat women like the inferior pieces of shit that they are then they have to obey!"

I try to spend as little time thinking about them because giving idiots mental time isn't productive.

While i don't think those statistics are very accurate you have to consider that a relatively new movement/political idea is almost certainly going to consists mainly the young who are more open to new ways of thinking and the people who are most impacted by what they see as the goal of that movement in this case men.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Tumblr SJWs and Reddit MRAs are cut from the same cloth. Both shirk the opposite gender while crying for equality. People who frequent /r/TRP are as disgusting as their opposites on Tumblr.
    /r/tumblerinaction is hilarious and pretty much the feminist part. These intersect with TRP in /r/cringepics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    /r/tumblerinaction is hilarious and pretty much the feminist part. These intersect with TRP in /r/cringepics
    I found out about those groups through /r/cringepics, actually. They do fit the bill more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by SocialJusticeWarrior View Post
    So the tone of the message is what makes you turn your nose up at them? Too abrasive for your tastes perhaps? You can't be bothered to fish out the nuggets of legitimate grievance from their rhetoric? Seems to be a problem for many these days, too concerned with how the message is delivered for their precious feelings than the message itself.
    It's not merely a question of "tone." Antifeminism is the foundation of the MRM; they take the sometimes legitimate grievances of males against societal gender orders and, in effect, blames them on women instead of on antiquated notions of masculinity and femininity that shackle both genders. The enemy of feminism is patriarchy; the enemy of any male-centered equivalent is also patriarchy.

The rest of it is just sophomoric misogyny mixed with reactionary politics. Civilized people have time for neither of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    This is based on a survey taken over at reddit's men's rights forum.

The results are....not surprising at all really.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cxP.../viewanalytics

98% male (duh)
    98% white
    87% 17-20 yr olds
    94% non-religious
    83% strong conservative
    Most supported political issue: marijuana legalization 65%
    87% believe men are more socially disadvantaged than women
    92% believe men are legally more disadvantaged than women
    Yay smear tactics. When I don't have a good argument I'll try to stereotype people into misery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    This is where I stopped....
    One can get back at me, once we talk about grown up real men. So in approx 10 yrs I take them serious.
    Hmmmmmm....

1, The survey is bound to have skewed data as it specifically surveys a platform that is known to have relatively young users. Also most social movements tend to be the most active in college age groups.
    2, Those kids are bitching about something specific. They themselves feel as social outcasts, which they are, as society doesn't really care to lend them a helping hand, it's too busy making fun of them.
    3, I'm 31 years old, college educated, well traveled, and financially stable and I vote left. While I don't agree with everything the MRM says or does, I'm not dumb enough to actually go out and say...WoW the world is a great place for men! And there is absolutely nothing to be improved upon!
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-04-18 at 10:46 PM.

I stopped reading at Reddit.

Then I decided i'd actually read the thread a little further, and realized that I was in fact entirely correct to stop reading at Reddit.