All profiles deleted on Dominos

Afternoon.

Logged in this morning and all of my profiles on Dominos had been deleted. Have used this addon since TBC and it has done it a few times over the years, but I've usually just reconfigured my interface and wept into my sleeve at all the work I have to do again.

Does anyone have any answers as to why this has happened? I haven't changed any settings since I logged off last night or anything, so it really is just out of the blue.

Thanks.

It happened to me a few times after WoW or PC crashed. Other addons were affected too. I don't think it's only Dominos related problem. I tend to backup WTF folder occasionaly to be able to bring things back should anything like that happen.

Deleted
    I'm not using this addon specifically but I noticed something went wrong before when deleting browser cookies: that also deleted my addon settings in wow for some reason. Perhaps it's something like that? Do as solshine, backup your WTF folder, it's the only thing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    I'm not using this addon specifically but I noticed something went wrong before when deleting browser cookies: that also deleted my addon settings in wow for some reason. Perhaps it's something like that? Do as solshine, backup your WTF folder, it's the only thing you can do.
    Yeah, that isn't a real thing. I mean, I have no doubt that they were coincident, and maybe whatever you used to delete browser cookies (if it wasn't the browser) also did something bad to wow, but otherwise ... separate software, these are not connected.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Yeah, that isn't a real thing. I mean, I have no doubt that they were coincident, and maybe whatever you used to delete browser cookies (if it wasn't the browser) also did something bad to wow, but otherwise ... separate software, these are not connected.
    Yup, CCleaner is capable of someting like this with CCenhancer, but I don't doubt some other dodgy cleaner-upper would do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    It happened to me a few times after WoW or PC crashed. Other addons were affected too. I don't think it's only Dominos related problem. I tend to backup WTF folder occasionaly to be able to bring things back should anything like that happen.
    Perhaps the shut down of my PC was the reason then, considering I held the power button for a quick power off

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Perhaps the shut down of my PC was the reason then, considering I held the power button for a quick power off
    Yup that's probably it, the Dominos config file probably got corrupted when you did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    O_o uh, yes. That risks loss of data every time you do it. Seriously, this is a terrible idea. Things *mostly* work, or at least seem to, because modern OS design focuses on robustness, but there is a real limit to how well that can do. The data loss you hit here is a good example of the sort of problem you can trigger doing that.

Just go through the slow, and apparently pointless, shutdown process, since it lets the OS clean things up in the background.