10+ Year Old Account

Noob at overclocking

Hey guys,

I recently purchased an i5 4670k which I've read in multiple places is OC-able. Thing is, I've never OC'ed anything. Do you do this with a software? BIOS level? Any insights/guides or benefits of doing this are greatly appreciated.

I have yet to build my rig but I should be building it up by next week.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can do this in BIOS settings or using software (usually provided by the mobo manufacturer) from Windows after you have booted up and logged in.

I know Intel has a version of OC software, and there are some others out there too...

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...g-utility.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, what do I want to clock it to?
    I'm planning to use this for heavy multi-tasking aka WoW, facebook, skype, youtube and virtualizing cisco routers

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of new to OC too, so I hope some others speak up. What motherboard are you getting? That will help with specific settings.

I have an i5 3570K (last years best i5 for OC), but was waiting for a new case and CPU heatsink cooler before I did much with it. Now that I have a job, I can afford something better than what I have