Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    The reason I don't like extending is because the excuse is often used that "wiping on farm wastes time." In my honest opinion, if you're wiping on farm, you're having major problems in other parts of your raid and need to get those fixed before you'll even have a shot at downing Paragons and Garrosh.
    Yea, nobody ever wipes on farm or they're bad. For sure.

We wiped on Thok the other day after having it on farm for 5 months - it happens all the time to every guild, the random 1-2 wipes on a boss because someone fucked up or dc'ed. Early on in a tier it's pretty easy to wipe to Paragons or Siegecrafter for example - just takes 1 mistake where someone eats a bomb or messes up their Catalyst. Sometimes multiple people make those mistakes a few times in a row! It can end up eating up a substantial amount of time (1-2 hours taken from a 12 hour guild is a lot). Perfectly understandable decision to avoid that and just go for progress.

We extended to get our first H Thok kill. But generally no, we don't extend.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Yea, nobody ever wipes on farm or they're bad. For sure.

We wiped on Thok the other day after having it on farm for 5 months - it happens all the time to every guild, the random 1-2 wipes on a boss because someone fucked up or dc'ed. Early on in a tier it's pretty easy to wipe to Paragons or Siegecrafter for example - just takes 1 mistake where someone eats a bomb or messes up their Catalyst. Sometimes multiple people make those mistakes a few times in a row! It can end up eating up a substantial amount of time (1-2 hours taken from a 12 hour guild is a lot). Perfectly understandable decision to avoid that and just go for progress.
    I didn't say that good guilds never wipe on farm. Everybody makes mistakes and sometimes wipes happen, especially on fights like Siegecrafter and Paragons. It's for this reason that I think once you get to Paragons / Garrosh that it's okay to extend. But I've heard too many guilds use avoiding farm wipes as an excuse to extend as early as Nazgrim / Malkorok. If you can't consistently down farm content (consistently means every week with few issues, maybe a wipe or two) then you shouldn't extend. If Juggernaut is still giving you issues, then you should figure out what the issues are rather than extend to get Thok or Siegecrafter down, because those fights are much harder than Juggernaut is.

After we reached Siegecrafter we started farming every other week to make better use of time. We raid 10.5 hours/week. We're extending a second time right now to work on Heroic: Garrosh, as we've lost a raid due to people having holiday commitments etc.
    Generally speaking I think too much extending is a bad thing; farm gives a much needed break from the monotony of a long progression fight. Prior to SC we killed at least 1 boss per week and reset every time and saw no disadvantage in doing this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    We raid 6 hours a week. Extending from time to time is practically a given if we want to get anywhere.
    My situation too. When we were zooming in on the Garrosh kill (on Normal) We did save an alt to a Spoils kill once, so we could restart every week with killing Thok, Siegecrafter and Paragons, for the tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    you still need gear

The operant word here is "need." If you are in a guild concerned with progress of boss kills, you should always be trying to do more damage/healing with less gear. Gear helps, but one person's need is not a strong enough factor to -not- extend. A whole raid that has many big upgrades left is a different situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been in a guild or group that has extended a raid lockout.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like extending. Even if no one need any gear, I would still like to clear the farm bosses. Just for a change for scenery and peace of mind. Throwing corpses against a wall is fun and all, but you burn out quick if you end up extending for a few weeks. Clearing farm lets people joke around and enjoy themself much more, at least with the people I've raided with.