10+ Year Old Account

Why not just call the class "Destruction" until 85?

Affliction and Demonology are useless compared to the absurd scaling of Destruction in the lower levels.

Conflagrate deals more damage than shadowbolt (and WAAAY more than malefic grasp even if you manage to get a 10 stack agony on an enemy before it dies) and Incinernate does the same damage as conflagrate (~10% more than Shadowbolt) for 0,5s less cast time.

Sure you can enjoy playing the other 2 specs, but as you start reaching the neutral zones which include PvP (PvP realm) you're basically just going to be smashed into the smallest crack in the ground against every other class.

EDIT: Not to mention that Immolate DoT deals more damage than UA and Corruption combined
    Last edited by Deztru; 2014-04-15 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    EDIT: Not to mention that Immolate DoT deals more damage than UA and Corruption combined
    I find this really hard to believe.

About specs, if you're going through dungeons, demo can be better than destro due to felguard.

DoT specs have always been silly during leveling. You are either godmode or you are total shit, no middle ground for DoT specs.

Especially 88-90 as a DoT spec is cancer, damage is so pathetic for DoTs where as Destro just churns through mobs since Chaos Bolt damage isn't half wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post

About specs, if you're going through dungeons, demo can be better than destro due to felguard.
    Immolation ticks 220-240 at 40
    UA ticks 100-120 and corruption roughly 80, Agony isn't even worth using since the first 1-3 ticks it gets to make before a mob dies tick ~20 each

I've been doing just steady questing, since if I go 1-2 dungeons I need to run all over the continent to find quests for my level
    Last edited by Deztru; 2014-04-15 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    I think the best way to level a class is the way it´s the most fun for you, since the most difficult part for me is to continue leveling. I enjoyed playing demo on my alt warlock more then destro.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post

Very low levels maybe, but once you hit 54 fire and brimstone will make destro blow demo out of the water.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I enjoyed the simplicity of Destro for leveling, but that was because I enjoyed the pewpewpew style. Affliction is handy if you enjoy the challenging of constant AoE pulling, and Demo is fun if you enjoy having a strong companion to kill or control your targets, plus there's the whole "turning into a freaking demon thing". Leveling shouldn't be about "what's best all the time". It should be about what's best for certain things or, god forbid, what the player considers to be fun.
    Wait, are you trying to tell me you're NOT min/maxing when leveling and getting BiS gear for each level?

More like why not call it Destruction until near BiS at 90.

The damage scaling is so out of whack between the specs it's absurd. Affliction and Demonology took some hefty nerfs to tone down their top end damage but end up being the most gear gated of the specs and feel terrible even for leveling. Destruction scales more linearly and smoothly that it remains competitive in all gear levels while Affliction and Demo feel like dogshit in comparison until you have so much level 90 heroic gear that it doesn't even matter what spec you're playing anymore.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a brilliant spec for most things IMO, especially whilst leveling after getting Embers. Massive nuke in terms of Chaos Bolt, Shadowburn to finish off and gain Embers back, and Ember Tap for heals. Hefty damage inbetween via incinerate/conflag and Rain of Fire/Fire and Brimstone/Havoc are brilliant for AoE. Extremely fun and powerful, personally I don't care much for Affliction or Demonology
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Affliction and Demonology are useless compared to the absurd scaling of Destruction in the lower levels.

Conflagrate deals more damage than shadowbolt (and WAAAY more than malefic grasp even if you manage to get a 10 stack agony on an enemy before it dies) and Incinernate does the same damage as conflagrate (~10% more than Shadowbolt) for 0,5s less cast time.

Sure you can enjoy playing the other 2 specs, but as you start reaching the neutral zones which include PvP (PvP realm) you're basically just going to be smashed into the smallest crack in the ground against every other class.

Dude, everything is shit easy sub 85. You could probably get away with not even speccing.

Wait, people still level? Why?

Deleted
    Did you level a DK recently? It's a 1 button class almost until 90

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Dude, everything is shit easy sub 85. You could probably get away with not even speccing.
    My point is that Warlock takes the podium at class imbalance all the way until 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    All the base damage gone next expansion. QQ no more OP blood boil... Maybe I should level another DK before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    The OP-ness stops around 83 when Mob health significantly increases compared to your damage.