Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I kinda wish we have a freezing arrow to instantly freeze someone instead throwing down the ground which is very easily avoidable. >=(

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Well yes it would make things equal, that is the whole point.
    Without this pvp balance is much harder to achive. Still we cannot have everything the same, that would indeed suck.
    But variations of the same mold? I have no problem with that.

Tell me: how much difference is there from a good mage sheeping to a bad one? Not very much.

... not a thing in my posts indicated an answer to this?
    If you cannot grasp that I would advice you to look up high rated mage/lock streamers and study how they use their cc, good mages/locks will use it well both defensivly and agressivly and can controll a game.
    The lack of cd on fear/sheep in particular enables them to do this.
    Hunters can only agressivly trap.
    He may defensivly trap, but it would just get dispelled into a cd on trap.
    You could use them defensivly if forced ofc, but it wouldnt be any good. Befoure mop you could grant your traps 50% dispell protection by spamming mark on it. But it was not exactly vidly used for defensive traps back then, it was mostly used to counter sp's dispelling a trapped healer (dispells had no cd only gcd).
    A lock/mage however could sheep/fear one dps and either dr fear/sheep or swap to the other dps forcing out a cd or granting a full sheep/fear.

Nothing against your person Illana, but I must confess that I keep you on ignore.
    This due to your post history, I find some of them so stupid it hurts my brain.
    They are almost trollish, but I for one think you are genuine.
    we want things to be "equal" but we dont want every class to be the same. You can give us a clunkier cc mechanism in traps but then we get advantages in other places: that's what's known as "balance".

You called it "variations of the same mold". I call it "the same spell just with a different graphic"

I know very well how a lock/mage uses their cc in high rated arena, what I'm saying is that if you change trap to be like that, the "skill cap" won't be raised, it will be lower. There's not much skill in spam sheeping/fearing someone you need to peel off your team mate.

"Hunters can only aggressively trap": this shows how much you know about hunters. If you need to peel someone you use all the tools you have at your disposal and that sometimes includes trapping. Not always freezing trap but sometimes ice trap as well and if you do choose to using freezing trap, you make sure it doesnt get dispelled.

You keep trying to describe to me all the advantages of the spammable cc:i know full well how they work and how they are used.

Ignore me if you must but you're just promoting class homogenisation without knowing fully the advantages and disadvantages of the two types of cc.

I don't see what the problem with the WoD changes are tbh. All it means is that you need to follow it up after someone elses CC (can even be something short like a chastice) but it also lowers the amount of CC in the game. Honestly, hunters are just a massive pain in the ass to keep up with (mostly due to their annoying web with disengage), and I know that the game's balanced around 3v3 and all that but having one class being so dominant against nearly (all?) every other class even if played poorly is frustrating. At least now they have less ways to peel you, as it is now once a hunter gets range on any melee char that I have it's basically impossible for me to get onto them as their disengage CD lines up with whatever gap closer I have and it also roots me >.<.

I don't think that Blizzard had a problem with how efficient trapping a player was previously, it just made for annoying gameplay. E.g. you'd have players trying to 'eat' traps and that was, for the most part, purely down to how good the other team was and it was very little to do with how the hunter played. It'll be extremely difficult to eat traps now without predicting when the hunter will cast it (and predicting it will mean losing uptime by standing on the CC'd target); Not to mention they'll be standing in place instead of waddling around so the chances of someone else hitting it will be very low. Blizzard are making their standpoint clear on this one; Freezing trap is meant to be used to a) CC targets that are currently not moving or unable to move and b) to lure mobs into it (and to a lesser extent players). Scatter shot being there purely so that you can line up traps isn't interesting gameplay, it's boring - And it's also just another CC that we could do without.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I don't see what the problem with the WoD changes are tbh. All it means is that you need to follow it up after someone elses CC (can even be something short like a chastice) but it also lowers the amount of CC in the game. Honestly, hunters are just a massive pain in the ass to keep up with (mostly due to their annoying web with disengage), and I know that the game's balanced around 3v3 and all that but having one class being so dominant against nearly (all?) every other class even if played poorly is frustrating. At least now they have less ways to peel you, as it is now once a hunter gets range on any melee char that I have it's basically impossible for me to get onto them as their disengage CD lines up with whatever gap closer I have and it also roots me >.<.

I don't think that Blizzard had a problem with how efficient trapping a player was previously, it just made for annoying gameplay. E.g. you'd have players trying to 'eat' traps and that was, for the most part, purely down to how good the other team was and it was very little to do with how the hunter played. It'll be extremely difficult to eat traps now without predicting when the hunter will cast it (and predicting it will mean losing uptime by standing on the CC'd target); Not to mention they'll be standing in place instead of waddling around so the chances of someone else hitting it will be very low. Blizzard are making their standpoint clear on this one; Freezing trap is meant to be used to a) CC targets that are currently not moving or unable to move and b) to lure mobs into it (and to a lesser extent players). Scatter shot being there purely so that you can line up traps isn't interesting gameplay, it's boring - And it's also just another CC that we could do without.
    tell me which class you play and i'll give you at least 2 ways where you can stick onto a hunter indefinitely.

Eating traps is not difficult really, sometimes we get lucky and it activates almost immediately, most other times I've witnessed traps (not just my own) take between 2 and 5 seconds to trigger which honestly is plenty of time for someone to just walk into the activation radius.

i am wondering with the instant arming of traps, what happens when 2 enemies are more or less on top of each other with something like a Freezing Trap underneath their feet. since freezing trap is just 1 target... how does it choose which gets the trap? not necessarily in pvp, but in pve too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    I kinda wish we have a freezing arrow to instantly freeze someone instead throwing down the ground which is very easily avoidable. >=(
    Wyvern Sting is basically this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    i am wondering with the instant arming of traps, what happens when 2 enemies are more or less on top of each other with something like a Freezing Trap underneath their feet. since freezing trap is just 1 target... how does it choose which gets the trap? not necessarily in pvp, but in pve too.
    Probably the same way it works now if an enemy attempts to eat a trap for them. Whoever is closest ends up getting it.

Deleted
    Comparing trap to mage Sheep is big NoNo
    Trap is physical object who you trow/put on the ground and sheep is magic effect...Both are complete different things. I know that this is fantasy game where no need physics to work like in real life but casting time on trap over travel on trowing is meh.
    Asking cast to repalce travel is like to aks warrior charge to teleport warrior to his target but will cost him XX time to cast