5 university students stabbed to death in Calgary's worst mass murder

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/04...n_5152386.html

The attacker himself was also a student (he was recently accepted into law school). The attack took place at a house party very close to the University of Calgary campus. It was just one of many parties happening yesterday to celebrate the end of classes. Its basically been a tradition at the university for quite a few decades. The attacker himself was invited to the party, where he picked up a knife and proceeded to stab over 5 people. 3 were already dead by the time, the cops arrived. The other 2 succumbed to their injuries in the hospital. The murderer was eventually caught. He was bit by a police dog and was taken to the hospital. He has been charged with 5 counts of first degree murder.

Sad to see stuff like this happening in a city that is considered one of the safest and most livable places on earth. Really makes me paranoid about my own safety. You never know when and where the next big shitstorm will happen...

Why does this make you paranoid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Calgary, this probably tripled their annual homicide rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why does this make you paranoid?
    As far as we know, there didn't appear to be a motive to the attack. I could be wrong about this but at this point, it seems like it was just a random act of violence. It just freaks me out to think that anyone, anywhere could suddenly go apeshit and end my life. Probably not a reasonable thing to be afraid of I guess. I'll get over it in a few hours I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgodzilla View Post
    The murderer was eventually caught. He was bit by a police dog and was taken to the hospital.
    This is an unfortunate outcome. He should have been used as a chewtoy by that dog.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 2 1

Shoulda had a gun.

I should write Dr Seuses books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    3 2 1

Shoulda had a gun.

I should write Dr Seuses books.
    If that's the extent of your wit I imagine the children would grow weary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgodzilla View Post
    As far as we know, there didn't appear to be a motive to the attack. I could be wrong about this but at this point, it seems like it was just a random act of violence. It just freaks me out to think that anyone, anywhere could suddenly go apeshit and end my life. Probably not a reasonable thing to be afraid of I guess. I'll get over it in a few hours I think.
    If it was a random act of violence then police probably would have charged him with 5 counts of second degree murder. Best to wait until details of the investigation to come out before playing chicken little here.

Deleted
    Everyone knows its not real party until someone dies.

On a serious note I always want to know WHY. WHY U DO THIS. What a donut.

Apparently he showed up at the party with a weapon, but used one at the house instead. So I guess that's the polices evidence of premeditation right there.