Best tamable battle pets?

Hey guys!

I love capturing wild pets instead of raising them from straight level 1 (unless they're from a starter zone!). Call it lazy or whatever but sometimes, you don't have time to level 100 pets to lvl 25.

I've found some cool wild pets like unborn Valk, Felflame, Nord. whisp, and Kun-lai runt but am wondering what other cool, powerful or just pain awesome looking pets there are in the wild! What are your favorites?!

I tend to assume that most wild pets only have very specific move sets such as being a critter with only critter type abilities where as a small handful have a variety of different abilities that span multiple types such as the nether faire dragon which has magic and dragon kin! So perhaps I'm just uninformed of some hidden gems of pets that await me in the wild!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but as countless people will tell you shortly, there is no "best". There's a whole rock-paper-scissors-Charizard thing going on.

However, I will dig up my list and show some of my favorites, and why:
    -- maggots are beasts that do undead damage that can shred humanoids.
    --the kapana whelk is a critter that does aquatic damage and can shred elementals
    -- the flayer youngling is a humanoid that does beast damage which can shred critters
    -- the emerald proto-whelp is highly regarded in pet battle circles
    -- most frogs and toads are water creatures that do critter damage that shreds undead
    -- the kun-lai runt has the famous slow-stun-WHAMMO three-attack combo that can do high damage to nearly everything
    -- the Lost of Lordaeron and Unborn Valkyr are both solid undead

Emperor Crab is absolutely amazing, with high attack, absorb shield and self-heals. One of the best tank pets IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    A fast rabbit is not awesome-looking in the least but it's very useful.
    Moths are really good at farming aquatics (though the one I use the most, the P/P Yellow Moth, is a BoE, so it'd have to start at 1).
    Assuming you've done the Cloud Serpent dailies, you can capture three different colors of Cloud Serpents over there. They're pretty cool, and somewhat useful.
    Electrified Razortooth is pretty cool in my book; definitely not your run-of-the-mill wild pet.

Scourged Whelpling. You get a self-heal, a healing debuff and weather effect, a hard-hitting breath attack, an AOE, a DOT and the undead perks all in one. Oh, and it's got that magic combo of being a pet that both has an attack which is strong against a type while taking less damage from that type (in this case dragons).

Also, they're not really difficult to pick up, but Eternal Striders are absolute murder against elementals. I run it in PVP battles almost always for the Cleansing Rain and Pump combo which can three-round most popular elemental pets if you crit. Plus it usually always has the speed advantage.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2014-05-07 at 03:04 PM.

Darkmoon Raven when the Darkmoon Faire is up, love my raven so much. I use it to tear aquatics apart, and get an SS one and its good for pvp as well.

Also, a fox can be a good accompaniment to a team you want to power up. Dazzling Dance can pretty much ensure you got first for aaaaaaaaaages, and a Howl then a switch to a heavy hitter like a Kun-Lai Runt or a Menagerie Custodian/Tranquil Yeti can make for some nice damage. Even better, a Howl as you die, so you can switch in a pet and get two rounds of amped up damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyranthian View Post
    Darkmoon Raven when the Darkmoon Faire is up, love my raven so much. I use it to tear aquatics apart, and get an SS one and its good for pvp as well.
    Agreed! Darkmoon/Gilnean Raven are VERY strong choices

Of course the most awesome looking/strongest pets are the celestial pets from the celestial tournament! Very challenging/fun to get

Deleted
    Emerald proto drake is pretty strong for leveling a 3rd pet with the pandaren tamers