Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, about Insane in the Membrane

The new hotfix said:

Insane in the Membrane: Resolved an issue where Exalted status with the various Steamwheedle Cartel factions, as well as Honored status with the Bloodsail Buccaneers faction, were not properly being credited if those reputations subsequently decreased. Players should now be able to earn this achievement if they have ever brought those five reputations to the required levels.

Just to make sure, now we can get the achiev by gettin them all to exalted, no matter what's the order?.
    That we no longer need to get bloodsail first, decreasing the steamwheedle to abyssal levels only to boost it up again?

If it is so, then I'll just start gettin' it because my steamwheedle rep is honored/revered.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chipies View Post
    Just to make sure, now we can get the achiev by gettin them all to exalted, no matter what's the order?.
    That we no longer need to get bloodsail first, decreasing the steamwheedle to abyssal levels only to boost it up again?
    It's always been like that, the second you hit Exalted with any faction, it gets flagged as completed.

The reason people write guides is just to grind the reputation (since increasing rep with one faction usually decreases rep with another) as efficiently as possible.

The hotfix was just to fix a bug that most players didn't experience.

Deleted
    I thought this was the case aswell, I was revered with Steamwheedle Cartels and brought them down to hated from farming Bloodsail rep - I did not get credit for the Steamwheedle rep.

I think the fix was for the achievement criteria to show up as completed. Before the fix some of the rep criteria didn't show up as completed even if you where at the correct reputation level, you still got the achievement though.

This confused me too.

Currently my steamwheedle reps are all exalted and my bloodsail is Hated.

Does this mean that after grinding my bloodsail up to honored that I won't have to redo my steamwheedle (since they'll all be hated then)?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What Anzen said:

Personally I reckon they should make it that you need all exalted at the same time, given how much the achievement has been nerfed by the removal of Shen'dralar and the overhaul of the darkmoon faire and relocation to the island which moved the rep grind from very expensive and time-consuming to trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    This confused me too.

Does this mean that after grinding my bloodsail up to honored that I won't have to redo my steamwheedle (since they'll all be hated then)?
    You won't have to re-farm Steamwheedle, no; since it has been flagged as completed. It's always been like this IIRC.

To show in achievement tracker (may need to reload UI):

Code:
    /run AddTrackedAchievement(2336)
    To remove:

Code:
    /run RemoveTrackedAchievement(2336)

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    You won't have to re-farm Steamwheedle, no; since it has been flagged as completed. It's always been like this IIRC.

To show in achievement tracker (may need to reload UI):

/run AddTrackedAchievement(2336)

To remove:

/run RemoveTrackedAchievement(2336)
    Well damn. I've been sitting on this for years thinking I'd have to redo Steamwheedle after Bloodsail and not pursuing this title because of it. Looks like I'll be slaughtering Booty Bay this weekend.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well damn. I've been sitting on this for years thinking I'd have to redo Steamwheedle after Bloodsail and not pursuing this title because of it. Looks like I'll be slaughtering Booty Bay this weekend.
    If you were truly insane, this would never have been an issue

My insane journey has been particularly special: When I started playing the game I was a noob (duh!) so I didn't realise it would be a bad idea to burn away a lot of Bloodsail rep. So when I decided to go for insane, I first dinged my steamwheedle rep to exalted, then did the Bloodsail part to Honored, setting all my Steamwheedle back to 0. But being the insane rep grinder I am, I went back and worked my Steamwheedle rep back to exalted.

Then Cataclysm came out and it became possible to push Bloodsail to exalted. So I did. Which then meant I had to grind my Steamwheedle back again for a third time!

so I just got exalted with all of the steamwheedle cartel, then to test if the achievement worked, i went and killed some guards to lower my rep just enough so i get to revered with ratchet, and the tracker didnt tick off all of the exalted ones... but when i relogged the tick dissapeared.

so... do i still have it?

15+ Year Old Account
    According to the hotfix you should be fine. Blizzard is probably tracking it in another way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    What Anzen said:

Personally I reckon they should make it that you need all exalted at the same time, given how much the achievement has been nerfed by the removal of Shen'dralar and the overhaul of the darkmoon faire and relocation to the island which moved the rep grind from very expensive and time-consuming to trivial.
    It was never like that so there is no reason to make it like that. If you're the type of person that actually cares about what other people have I'm sure you check the date on the achievement of anyone you see who has the title so you know anyway who got it when it was harder. And if you think it is trivial now you have way too much time on your hands and might want to look into getting a job.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    It was never like that so there is no reason to make it like that. If you're the type of person that actually cares about what other people have I'm sure you check the date on the achievement of anyone you see who has the title so you know anyway who got it when it was harder.
    True Insane people check for "Agent of the Shen'dralar"

Well. ive done avast ye, admiral. aka honored. but its not ticked off in the tracker so..

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Well. ive done avast ye, admiral. aka honored. but its not ticked off in the tracker so..
    Pretty sure admiral is Friendly.

Cant post links, postcount, but a quick Wowhead search confirms it.

This confused me too.

Correct.

Though you'll probably want to grind goblins back to friendly because it's annoying being attacked in booty bay!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    True Insane people check for "Agent of the Shen'dralar"
    Back in the day you couldn't get BB rep higher than Revered IIRC, and the achievement only required Honored... but I wanted to get all reps possible to exalted (at the same time too) so even though I already had Insane I went back and got Bloodsail to 999/1000 Exalted... which bottomed out my goblin rep again so had to do it all a second time.

THAT's true Insane :P

Also before the DMF revamp the only way to get that rep was via deck handins... though I played the AH on that one and I think I actually wound up MAKING money out of some of them haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soar View Post
    Pretty sure admiral is Friendly.

Cant post links, postcount, but a quick Wowhead search confirms it.
    Well i did farm honored since i was in the plan to do the insane but heard it was bugged so didnt want to risk it. but w/e. not farming that crap again so il just skip doing this FOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Well i did farm honored since i was in the plan to do the insane but heard it was bugged so didnt want to risk it. but w/e. not farming that crap again so il just skip doing this FOS
    What do you got left?
    I just got my title with the help of a GM. I had rep missing, due to it being decreased while gaining with others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my Insane title in Wrath and back then I didn't need to have both Steamwheedle and Bloodsail reps raised. Them pirates still hate me and I haven't bothered to do anything to get that rep back nor will I. It's probably the still same deal now

to get this FoS now 2 easy. Before nerf it was realy insane.

Yeah im in the same boat. Pretty sure I got to at least honored because at the time I was going to go for insane. Oh well.