Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

5. Race for druids: Pandaren

We know, that druids have a limited race pool. I think that Pandaren could become druids in the next xpac after WoD. It would fit them. Tiger apperiance for Feral Druids, Ox or Panda apperiance for Guardian and standard Moonkin form for Moonkin, because no love for them No, seriously they could make a Crane apperiance (a fat one). Since Pandaran are a neutral race, it would work for both sides. Possible or just fantasy?

Lorewise they have no connection to druidism, at all, since they sundering cut them off to any and all druids at the time. Technically they could, now, but I don't see Blizz changing that, personally.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead druids or bust. I want a bloody skeleton cat, plague bear, haunted tree, and some kind of rotting chicken.

Gnome druids.

You know you want one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't one of the devs (I think GC) say around the MoP announcement that they considered this, but a bear that turns into a bear seemed weird?

Quote Originally Posted by tkc-von View Post
    Gnome druids.

You know you want one.

What's their forms, armidillo, house cat and humming bird?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    Didn't one of the devs (I think GC) say around the MoP announcement that they considered this, but a bear that turns into a bear seemed weird?
    But a cow turns into a bear is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Minibubble View Post
    Or a werewolf that turns into a cat...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minibubble View Post
    Or a wolf that turns into a cat? Like... Why can't Worgen druids just preform all their catform abilities in caster form. Having to shift into a cat form seems... silly.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    What's their forms, armidillo, house cat and humming bird?
    Cinder Kitty, Baby Blizzard Bear, Moonkin Hatchling and an Ancient Protector (the full sized giant ones, gnomes are odd that way).

On the down side, nobody would play anything else.

Deleted
    Nah..a bear shifting in another bearform is not weirder as a wolf shifting in a cat, bar, moonkin. or cows also. cows turning into cats and bears...or moonkins. But for pandaren, i feel strange thinking of them as druids. they seem to have no connections to this at all. they have enough cool stuff, without it (thinking of monks especially). I doubt blizz would change it. I think, it would not fit withm them (worgen also not so much, but that is a question of how to play it with the lore and all this). Wolfs turning into cats are at least a little more weird.

- - - Updated - - -

gnome-druids? Sweetness-overload, if such a little, babykitty attacks you with a nice little purr, trying to bite you with it's first teeth. Oww...as a horde-player i would try to tame one. instantly. and cuddle it. (and feed with other gnomes which are not druid.hah.)

That is the point. While you're laughing at the gnome druid they'll bite your ankle clean off.

lol @ those gnome forms.
    Hi Sephurik

I would expect Human and Blood Elf Druids long before the Pandaren.

Eh, makes more sense than most other races.

Maybe a group of Pandaren start hanging around their Furbolg cousins and get in touch with nature.

Cinder Kitty, Baby Blizzard Bear, Moonkin Hatchling and an Ancient Protector (the full sized giant ones, gnomes are odd that way).

On the down side, nobody would play anything else.
    I know I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Gnome druids.

You know you want one.
    Blizzard pls give

Deleted
    Am I the only person who wants to be a Dwarf Druid?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I would expect Human and Blood Elf Druids long before the Pandaren.
    Although I would personally prefer human and blood elf druids for myself; I see no issue with panda druids as others have been stating. Druidism seems to go with their outlook more than quite a few other classes, such as rogue.

I think people put too much into the class limitations. As players, we are literally learning from scratch, and after the revamp, at a point in time -after- deathwing broke loose through Azeroth questing. All you really need is a trainer in the zone. We train from scratch. We (used to) learn every spell from a trainer.

Even the lore issues have exceptions in lore already, whether it be playable undead priests or an undead paladin npc.

Race/class combos that seem more absurd actually have greater roleplay value for those into that; such as the undead holy/light users; or say a night elf warlock ... which even though he was a 'demon hunter', Illidan himself has proven it is your determination and dedication that allows you to train, learn, and wield the power you wish.

so much negativity towards things being open or people playing how they want, when it doesn't affect the individual or even the game as a whole. Like a bunch of spoiled 4 year olds

For practicality reasons alone, Pandaren would be the next Druids, if that's ever the case. Shared race means one set of forms to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Although I would personally prefer human and blood elf druids for myself; I see no issue with panda druids as others have been stating. Druidism seems to go with their outlook more than quite a few other classes, such as rogue.
    I don't really care what races get to be Druids next. Just saying from a lore standpoint those are the two races I would expect to gain Druids first. Maybe if the Orcs didn't piss all over Cenarius they'd have a chance.