Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Maybe if the Orcs didn't piss all over Cenarius they'd have a chance.
    Orc druids? Now that's a refreshing thought! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elf druids please, been wanting to go horde for years but the druid choices for horde are atrocious.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Undead forms would look cool but even Troll & Worgen were a stretch. No more druid races are needed, least of all Blood Elf, dear god that would be a nightmare. All other current race/class combos are fine really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I would expect Human and Blood Elf Druids long before the Pandaren.
    Two worst races in the game, no thanks. Thankfully it won't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Like a bunch of spoiled 4 year olds
    Can turn that right back around with the constant whining for X race druids on the official forums.

This would really mean WoD would be adding a thing that isn't a garrison, which doesn't appear to be in the cards.

I do have an issue with the bear becoming a bear, though- and the fact that the Pandaren don't have any druids, it's just not their thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    those gnome pictures are awsome thank you

i do think humans can be druids, worgen can be druids, so why cant a human live close to nature
    i could see blood elf who wish they where born as night elfs also
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    Am I the only person who wants to be a Dwarf Druid?
    No, you are not. I would love to be a dwarven druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    For practicality reasons alone, Pandaren would be the next Druids, if that's ever the case. Shared race means one set of forms to work on.
    Except that would run counter to an example we already have. Worgen and goblins can't be monks. Why? There weren't any monks in Gilneas or Kezan starting areas, and they refused to even just add a monkish type instructor in those areas. It wasn't practicality. Worgen and goblin models have a full set of animations for monk attacks. We just can't see them outside of temporary uses of illusions.

So they're unlikely to add druids mostly because all Pandaren start on the Wandering Isle - where it would make no sense whatsoever for a druid trainer to be there aside from the visitors at the very end of the questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    Except that would run counter to an example we already have. Worgen and goblins can't be monks. Why? There weren't any monks in Gilneas or Kezan starting areas, and they refused to even just add a monkish type instructor in those areas. It wasn't practicality. Worgen and goblin models have a full set of animations for monk attacks. We just can't see them outside of temporary uses of illusions.

So they're unlikely to add druids mostly because all Pandaren start on the Wandering Isle - where it would make no sense whatsoever for a druid trainer to be there aside from the visitors at the very end of the questline.
    That's why I said "would" and not "should".

They are the only race left so far with connections to nature, balance and divine entities embodied in animal forms. But that's not reason alone for them to be druids nor it's necessary for Blizzard to consider them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    What's their forms, armidillo, house cat and humming bird?
    All forms would be mechanical, with the gnome piloting it

Blood Elves and Humans would make more sense.

Humans because apparently Druidism did at least exist among Gilneans, if a rudimentary form of it. No reason to think the Night Elves couldn't guide other humans into rediscovering the old ways.

Blood Elves already have a very nature-centric culture that was largely silenced by Kael'thas and the Magisters. But now that Kael is gone and they're recovering, that could come back with the aid of the Tauren. Do the quests in the burning grove in Eversong for an example of those remnants.

So the forms would be what? Cat's easy, with a red lynx for the elves and a golden lion for humans, but having a harder time figuring out bear form.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    This would really mean WoD would be adding a thing that isn't a garrison, which doesn't appear to be in the cards.

I do have an issue with the bear becoming a bear, though- and the fact that the Pandaren don't have any druids, it's just not their thing.
    First of all pandarens are practically one with nature, so learning to become druids isn't weird, cat form being tiger, bear form ox, boomkin (a huge fucking serpent, and tree form being a crane.

Thankfully there won't be any new druid races.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Thankfully there won't be any new druid races.
    And you know this because you are a developer in Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    And you know this because you are a developer in Blizzard?
    Why, yes. Yes, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    First of all pandarens are practically one with nature, so learning to become druids isn't weird, cat form being tiger, bear form ox, boomkin (a huge fucking serpent, and tree form being a crane.
    The biggest problem with the Pandaren is that the role of Druidism is already fulfilled, for the most part, by Monks and the teachings of the Celestials. Any Pandaren Druids would be an extreme minority for decades to come.

Humans and Blood Elves at least have been exposed to Druidism longer than any of the non-Druid races in addition to having the advantage of not killing the Demi-God that the original Druids learned from.

Deleted
    I think that a Pandaren druid would be highly viable and reasonable. Pandaren as a race are highly in tune with nature, an align themselves with its processes and harmony. I guess it's a poor example, but the outstanding farming skills in halhill can be a attest in some way to their understaning of nature - sure that is "controlling" nature rather than "being at one" with it, but that combined with the pandaren's abilities to harness and control their inner peace and nature makes it quite likely they'd be able to become druids. Furthermore, powerful pandaren are capable of turning themselves into trees upon death or something... as witnessed on the wandering isle. Furthermore, it wouldn't be too farfetched that the August Celestials are well aware of how a form of druidism works, and come together with Cenarius to find a method of teaching them suitable to their own culture in order to "heal the vale".

In terms of their roots. Pandaren share a common ancestor with the Furbolg, a race naturally allied with the druidic ways in its uncorrupted form, so I don't see it too far gone that a night elf would show up on the Wandering Isle and begin to teach the ways of druidism to them. For forms I would imagine:

Bear: Either uniquely capable of using their "Caster form" or a modified version of it to "Bear". That or taking inspiration from Niuzao to take on the form of the Sturdy Ox.
    Cat: A tiger form, reminiscent of Xuen in terms of teachings.
    Boomkin: There are two options here: Boomkin, or the essence of Yu'lon. I'm not entirely sure what type of form this would be, but I feel it would be green, and something serpenty as the teachings of Yu'lon very much echo the essence of "Boomkin" (despite boomkins not being a thing in lore)..
    Resto: Would be Chi'ji, however I'm not sure how this would appear visually.

Alternatively, I believe Blood Elves are a very viable source of another druidic race. There have already been elven druids in the past and the remnants of that druid-esque type of culture can be seen in the blood elf starting zone. The blood elves have great need of druidic ability now they have been liberated from Kael'thas, and to heal the pain of the Dead Scar. I could see Tauren assisting the rangers to refind their ways.

Deleted
    I hate lore (

Quote Originally Posted by Minibubble View Post
    We know, that druids have a limited race pool. I think that Pandaren could become druids in the next xpac after WoD. It would fit them. Tiger apperiance for Feral Druids, Ox or Panda apperiance for Guardian and standard Moonkin form for Moonkin, because no love for them No, seriously they could make a Crane apperiance (a fat one). Since Pandaran are a neutral race, it would work for both sides. Possible or just fantasy?
    They have already fucked the lore up too much as it is now :P i hope they wont add more class combos. I like how it is atm , even though i would love to get it back to horde - Shamans . Alliance - Paladins. and let it stay that way

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    They have already fucked the lore up too much as it is now :P i hope they wont add more class combos. I like how it is atm , even though i would love to get it back to horde - Shamans . Alliance - Paladins. and let it stay that way
    You must be my long lost kin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Lorewise they have no connection to druidism, at all, since they sundering cut them off to any and all druids at the time. Technically they could, now, but I don't see Blizz changing that, personally.
    Explain Worgen and Troll druids please.